• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion about Ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
But Kairis did in KH1 :/ Nobody jammed it back in her did they?
How do we know Vens heart was still screwed at this point?

Different situation. Kairi's heart wasn't damaged, it just sought refuge in Sora.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
so who gonna get to come back since kh wont let anyone die
will it be roxas or ventus
while roxas doesnt even have a physical form anymore , he is 1, the second most popular protaganist of the series and was hinted during the bbs ending when calling for sora then there is ventus the original, whose body is still in comatose state but hos awakening has been confirmed in future titlles

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
im sure roxas would still be inside sora, as depicted in the final cutscene of KH2, but he may not look like himself if ven gets his heart back. he may appear as sora's nobody would appear if roxas had never harbored ven's heart. even though that gives roxas hope, i wouldnt want him looking any different than the roxas we see today.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
so who gonna get to come back since kh wont let anyone die
will it be roxas or ventus
while roxas doesnt even have a physical form anymore , he is 1, the second most popular protaganist of the series and was hinted during the bbs ending when calling for sora then there is ventus the original, whose body is still in comatose state but hos awakening has been confirmed in future titlles
You already said it, they're depicted both in Blank Points so they will be back both. It's not the question Ventus or Roxas but Ventus and Roxas.
Nonetheless, "back" in this case doesn't have to mean "back" in the sense of a full physical existence. Roxas will be back in some form, but it doesn't need to be a physical one.
Ventus is a full "complete" existence who has all 3 parts necessary so he will be most likely the one to get his normal physical form back.

There's only those two possibilities: Either Ventus comes back fully in the physical world and Roxas in another form or we get both Ventus and Roxas as a full own existence due to some routine/possibility how that can be done by using keyblade master powers and Ansem's data which is the key for saving the tormented ones.
The other way around, getting Roxas physically and not Ven is practically impossible because Ven's heart belongs to him and only to him.

im sure roxas would still be inside sora, as depicted in the final cutscene of KH2, but he may not look like himself if ven gets his heart back. he may appear as sora's nobody would appear if roxas had never harbored ven's heart. even though that gives roxas hope, i wouldnt want him looking any different than the roxas we see today.

That has nothing to do with Ven's heart anymore. When Roxas reunited with Sora he gave back also Ven's heart. Roxas's current "appearance" stems from his own memories and the memories of those who can remember Roxas (like Naminé, as seen in the cutscene in KH2).
In the memories Roxas's appearance is still as it was while he was independent, so his appearance won't change an inch.
The "only" things left of Roxas are his memories, his consciousness and his mind, and in those he and others know how he looks like.

If through some procedure/occurence Roxas would really give birth to a heart for himself it would take on the same appearance as his memories remember, because a heart is to a big part made up of memories and impressions.
Best example are Sora and Ventus themselves, when Sora's newborn heart healed kid-Ven's broken heart in the beginning of BBS it took some impressions from Ven with it, causing Sora to have the exact same eyes as Ven and a very similar face structure.
Xion is another example, as when she was just "born" she was a blank puppet as her fake heart was also blank. Only after she got some of Sora's memories (which were of Kairi, ironically) she adopted her "default" appearance of a black haired Kairi.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It was rather so that it remained with Roxas, not went to him.
When Sora's heart became a heartless it kicked out Ven's crippled heart, which remained stuck inside Sora's body, giving it Ven's appearance.
If anything Roxas was not an incomplete nobody but actually more than a nobody because he had a heart.
Naminé could, if at all, described as an "incomplete" nobody because she had no body and no soul, which normally make up a nobody.

Nope, Roxas could wield a keyblade because he is the nobody of a keyblade wielder => Sora.
Ven's heart has nothing to do with it.
It provided Roxas's looks, somehow enabled him to feel actual emotions despite being broken and later on provided the second keyblade (which was Ven's).

MX didn't know Sora was born that night nor that another heart would be so compassionate to heal Ven's broken heart. He dumped him there because he thought it would be a fitting place for Ven to live out his last moments.

Ven's heart can't go back to its body on its own.

Yes, it remained with Roxas, who went back to Sora. But here is the problem, if all Nobodies are almost identical to their Somebodies, and Sora had his body the same time as Sora, then how would Ventus have a body? And why didn't it look a whole lot like Sora's? It couldn't be Ventus' body because if I remember correctly, Roxas fainted at Castle Oblivion because he was so close to Ventus and Sora at the same time. So that's still a large gap in the plot, try and explain that, Mr. Nomura-san.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But here is the problem, if all Nobodies are almost identical to their Somebodies, and Sora had his body the same time as Sora, then how would Ventus have a body? And why didn't it look a whole lot like Sora's? It couldn't be Ventus' body because if I remember correctly, Roxas fainted at Castle Oblivion because he was so close to Ventus and Sora at the same time. So that's still a large gap in the plot, try and explain that, Mr. Nomura-san.

I really don't know what you want to say with the first sentence.
Roxas had Sora's body looking like Ven in appearance due to already known circumstances and that's all there is to it, Ven's body isn't even involved in this.
There's just Sora's body which is inhabited by Roxas and which has Ven's appearance, nothing more.

There is no gap in the plot at all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I really don't know what you want to say with the first sentence.
Roxas had Sora's body looking like Ven in appearance due to already known circumstances and that's all there is to it, Ven's body isn't even involved in this.
There's just Sora's body which is inhabited by Roxas and which has Ven's appearance, nothing more.

There is no gap in the plot at all.

I meant to say Roxas had Sora's body. But what I'm saying is how can Roxas and Sora share the same body at the same time like that? Unless one of them is using a different body, I don't see how that's possible.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I meant to say Roxas had Sora's body. But what I'm saying is how can Roxas and Sora share the same body at the same time like that? Unless one of them is using a different body, I don't see how that's possible.
*facepalm*

Where do you get the notion from that Sora and Roxas share the same body at same time? That's ridiculous, Roxas has the body and no one else.
They are also not using a different body or something along those lines. There's only one "body" and that is inhabited by Roxas. From the point were Kairi restored him until Roxas was forcibly rejoined with him at the beginning of KH2 Sora had no body, he was a walking heart which projected a physical appearance.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
*facepalm*

Where do you get the notion from that Sora and Roxas share the same body at same time? That's ridiculous, Roxas has the body and no one else.
They are also not using a different body or something along those lines. There's only one "body" and that is inhabited by Roxas. From the point were Kairi restored him until Roxas was forcibly rejoined with him at the beginning of KH2 Sora had no body, he was a walking heart which projected a physical appearance.

Remember in II when Sora and Roxas fought? And how could a "walking heart with a projected physical appearance" projected, not a real body, do all of the things Roxas did throughout Days? And what about during the seven days that kick off II? Could a projected physical appearance defeat Axel and several lesser Nobodies?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Remember in II when Sora and Roxas fought? And how could a "walking heart with a projected physical appearance" projected, not a real body, do all of the things Roxas did throughout Days? And what about during the seven days that kick off II? Could a projected physical appearance defeat Axel and several lesser Nobodies?

You're mixing up things here.

The fight between Roxas and Sora took place when Roxas already rejoined with Sora.
That battle took place inside Sora's heart where Roxas's "inner self" and Sora's "inner self" fought. Roxas had no physical existence anymore at that point, he only exists inside Sora's heart.

Roxas did have Sora's real body during all of Days, CoM and the seven days (Prologue of KH 2). Roxas had the body, not Sora. Sora was the walking heart with a physical appearance. Heartless also have no bodies and they also can influence the physical world. Unversed also have no real body as in the definition of a part of a "complete existence" in the KH Universe, Naminé also falls under this category.
Sora as a walking heart, Riku as a walking heart (when Ansem SoD kicked his heart out during KH 1 when Riku was in the RoD), Naminé, Heartless and Unversed all have no bodies, but still a physical "presence" that looks like a body and can act like one.

It's really not that complicated.

Absolute

Sora and Roxas fought each other inside the Dive to the Heart, meaning that it was their spirits were fighting. ROXAS is the true body, the actual physical body of Sora with Ven's heart. Sora is a walking heart with a projected body that was able to defeat half the Organization. Its just like Vaniats. the darkness and his heart formed a body for him while Ven had the original body.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You're mixing up things here.

The fight between Roxas and Sora took place when Roxas already rejoined with Sora.
That battle took place inside Sora's heart where Roxas's "inner self" and Sora's "inner self" fought. Roxas had no physical existence anymore at that point, he only exists inside Sora's heart.

Roxas did have Sora's real body during all of Days, CoM and the seven days (Prologue of KH 2). Roxas had the body, not Sora. Sora was the walking heart with a physical appearance. Heartless also have no bodies and they also can influence the physical world. Unversed also have no real body as in the definition of a part of a "complete existence" in the KH Universe, Naminé also falls under this category.
Sora as a walking heart, Riku as a walking heart (when Ansem SoD kicked his heart out during KH 1 when Riku was in the RoD), Naminé, Heartless and Unversed all have no bodies, but still a physical "presence" that looks like a body and can act like one.

It's really not that complicated.

Okay, that makes sense I guess...... Why is it that every time we argue, you always win?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sora and Roxas fought each other inside the Dive to the Heart, meaning that it was their spirits were fighting. ROXAS is the true body, the actual physical body of Sora with Ven's heart. Sora is a walking heart with a projected body that was able to defeat half the Organization. Its just like Vaniats. the darkness and his heart formed a body for him while Ven had the original body.

Exactly this, if you call it their "spirit" or "inner self" essentially means the same.
I would be cautious with the comparison to Vanitas though, as Vanitas's "body" was made, as you said, by darkness. Sora's "interim" vessel however was made by the light of Kairi's princess powers.

Okay, that makes sense I guess...... Why is it that every time we argue, you always win?
Yep, it makes sense when one puts together several bits and facts from the whole KH Universe.
It is in fact possible to interpret and come to plausilbe explanations to many occurrences in KH when puzzling together several pieces.
So most people who scream "plot hole" or "retcon" immediately are just either unable or unwilling to piece things together.

Did we really argue? I found it more like you weren't sure on something regarding KH, which isn't so surprising. I also didn't really win, I just knew a few more facts than you, that's all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back