• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*CONFIRMED* Pinocchio World + Jump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: *CONFIRMED* Pinocchio World

It's actually explainable by Traverse Town getting into the RoS after the end of KH1.

Gepetto and Pinocchio were last seen in Traverse in KH1.
When Traverse got into the RoS it's very possible that they got transferred to their own world which was already present in the Realm.
That would leave only Jiminy to explain (if he doesn't travels into the RoS as well to "chronicle" Sora's and Riku's adventures there).

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

But it isn't the world itself. I can see inside Monstro as a room then we have the rest of the world before Pinocchio gets swallowed again then we are out of his belly and we fight Monstro like in the Mirage Arena in BBSFM.

I know that, Ethnic. I was only saying that I would've gotten over it if we only got Monstro again. :)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I wonder Nomura will explain how the REAL BOY became WOODEN AGAIN!!!! Nomura you and your retcon

micbeasty

It's obviously going to be on pleasure island part of the Stromboli scene and the ocean. The picture of Pinocchio in the cage is directly from the Stromboli scene where his nose is elongated and the flowers are growing at the end. This is a direct scene from where Stromboli has put pinocchio in the cage and the blue fairy comes to his rescue and he lies to her. And you must go to pleasure island for the donkey ears and tail. And I'm guessing any inclusion of monstro will be a fight with him on the beach as in BBS :FM.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I wonder Nomura will explain how the REAL BOY became WOODEN AGAIN!!!! Nomura you and your retcon

Simple: just because we saw Pinocchio as a human boy during the credit role for KH1 doesn't necessarily mean that this happened at that time frame. The same excuse could be made to fit Beast back into the plot if Nomura wanted to do that.

snow_flake40

Awards

Ooh, exciting stuff indeed! Can't wait to see Riku's first encounter with Pinocchio~ However, seeing as how it's Puppet!Pinnocchio and not Real Boy!Pinocchio, maybe it's just a memory of him in the world rather than actually him? Meaning he would have no recollection of Riku kidnapping him... Damn. Maybe Riku will feel all guilty for being a jerkass in KHI but even moreso when he can't even apologise for it? I really hope they don't just forget that little matter of abduction from KHI...

Welp. Time to dust off my old VHS tape of Pinnocchio to get psyched and/or pumped for its inclusion in DDD! :D

Awards

I highly question the eligibility of one person's translation on a gamefaqs thread.

This Tgirl person has shown at various times in the past that she's not completely accurate at translating.
I don't buy it. Monstro doesn't eat the circus...

Anyway, yeah, not sure why some people sound upset by Pinocchio. That was one of the first worlds we thought of when Nomura said they were including worlds they had considered in the past (in Days). It's just like Neverland in BbS- there's so much that the KH1 version left out that it really does warrant a new world.

And it is a new world, assuming we're not in Monstro (and I'll bet we're not). I can bet Honest John and Gideon will be in it since we saw their sprites left over in Days. The Coachman kind of has to be in it unless they can think of a completely different reason for why Pinocchio is turning into a donkey. Speaking of which, I wonder how they're going to handle that? In the movie it was because he was drinking and smoking. No way in hell they're letting that in.

I'm glad to see Jiminy with Riku, I really hope he has a talk about conscience.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

This Tgirl person has shown at various times in the past that she's not completely accurate at translating.

Anyway, yeah, not sure why some people sound upset by Pinocchio. That was one of the first worlds we thought of when Nomura said they were including worlds they had considered in the past (in Days). It's just like Neverland in BbS- there's so much that the KH1 version left out that it really does warrant a new world.

And it is a new world, assuming we're not in Monstro (and I'll bet we're not). I can bet Honest John and Gideon will be in it since we saw their sprites left over in Days. The Coachman kind of has to be in it unless they can think of a completely different reason for why Pinocchio is turning into a donkey. Speaking of which, I wonder how they're going to handle that? In the movie it was because he was drinking and smoking. No way in hell they're letting that in.

I'm glad to see Jiminy with Riku, I really hope he has a talk about conscience.

He'll be drinking soda and eating a poisoned lollipop.

Hey, if the muskets turned into crossbows in Port Royal, they'll probably substitute that stuff too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

People are talking about it being the past and memories and stuff. What about the simple explanation of Pinocchio, upon entering the RoS, was reverted back into a puppet because that was the state he was in when his world was lost to the Darkness? Or something along those lines?

Anyone else notice that Pinocchio looks extreme adorable?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

it'll be very interesting to see how they fit the original story of pinocchio here... :/

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

It's actually explainable by Traverse Town getting into the RoS after the end of KH1.

Gepetto and Pinocchio were last seen in Traverse in KH1.
When Traverse got into the RoS it's very possible that they got transferred to their own world which was already present in the Realm.
That would leave only Jiminy to explain (if he doesn't travels into the RoS as well to "chronicle" Sora's and Riku's adventures there).

Which is exactly why 101 Dalmatians world has a good chance of getting into this game.

It's obviously going to be on pleasure island part of the Stromboli scene and the ocean. The picture of Pinocchio in the cage is directly from the Stromboli scene where his nose is elongated and the flowers are growing at the end. This is a direct scene from where Stromboli has put pinocchio in the cage and the blue fairy comes to his rescue and he lies to her. And you must go to pleasure island for the donkey ears and tail. And I'm guessing any inclusion of monstro will be a fight with him on the beach as in BBS :FM.

I know, you would think people would have realized that sooner instead of saying "Oh no we'll be in the stupid whale the whole time".

I could not understand for the life of me why anyone was dissapointed with this world. I mean we all knew the chances of this world getting into this game were almost as high as Jungle Book's chances, so it shouldn't have been a surprise. Plus this is a great world, it's one of the disney classics.

Simple: just because we saw Pinocchio as a human boy during the credit role for KH1 doesn't necessarily mean that this happened at that time frame. The same excuse could be made to fit Beast back into the plot if Nomura wanted to do that.

I could so see Nomura doing this for Pinnochio's world in KH3D, and Beast's Castle if it appears in KH3.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Finally Pinocchio gets more spotlight in the series. It's always that damn Agrabah/Halloween Town/etc. Lol. Just kidding. This makes up for Pinocchio's absence in Days and Birth by Sleep.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

And it is a new world, assuming we're not in Monstro (and I'll bet we're not). I can bet Honest John and Gideon will be in it since we saw their sprites left over in Days. The Coachman kind of has to be in it unless they can think of a completely different reason for why Pinocchio is turning into a donkey. Speaking of which, I wonder how they're going to handle that? In the movie it was because he was drinking and smoking. No way in hell they're letting that in.I'm glad to see Jiminy with Riku, I really hope he has a talk about conscience.

I'm kind of thinking you encounter Pinocchio after that already happened. That way they could leave the explanation to something akin to "misbehaving" rather than naming anything concrete.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'm kind of thinking you encounter Pinocchio after that already happened. That way they could leave the explanation to something akin to "misbehaving" rather than naming anything concrete.

I agree with that completely. If not, they might just have Coachman act drunk but his hands will empty or filled with something else. They will avoid saying he is drunk that way some people will think he is sleep, mean-spirited, or just dumb.

Also, I'm okay with this world. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Pinocchio, but the way I see it, if they get this over with now, this world probably won't be in KH3, and that is what I care about.
I'm also not a fan of Jungle Book (though if it was in BbS I wouldn't have minded, any extra worlds for my favorite game are gladly enjoyed), I hope Jungle Book is used here too. I kind of hope 101 Dalmatians is in KH3 over this since I like that movie, but I have a strong feeling it will also be in this game. It would be one of those perfect worlds where you don't work with anyone, just your Dream Eaters and then you face off against a generic dream eater boss who destroys Cruella Deville (like Lady Tremaine).

On the subject of the world itself, I think it would be cool if they actually have us fighting through the circus, etc. However, if we do fight through the circus, I highly doubt Dumbo has any chance since Dumbo's world would also consist of a circus. From the looks of it, Traverse Town has a circus-like district, and I think that is enough circuses for one game O_O Also, the reason I hope that Pinocchio takes place in the circus over the town is because the town has a very familiar feeling to Notre Dame in terms of the structure of buildings (not cathedrals). I don't want this world to seems almost like a repeat of Notre Dame to a certain extent. That is why I hope there is the circus and Monstro, it will help easily define the world.

Sadly, for the people who are complaining, there will always be those people who complain because they think the world is unoriginal, or because they do not like the Disney movie itself. Haters gonna hate -__- again.

micbeasty

Agreed. People be happy! This is going to be a fantastic world that has been wanted I know personally for me for a long time! But does anyone know when we'll get the rest of the scans for
Jump's issue of the rest of Pinocchio and the info on La Cite Des Cloches? Because if there's an inclusion of Frollo I want it :3

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Anyone want to take a guess at the name of Pinocchio's world? I'll say "Town/Village/Island of Wishes/Stars"

micbeasty

I'm guessing
1.) Pleasure Island
2.) Little Town of Wishes

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

On the subject of the world itself, I think it would be cool if they actually have us fighting through the circus, etc. However, if we do fight through the circus, I highly doubt Dumbo has any chance since Dumbo's world would also consist of a circus. From the looks of it, Traverse Town has a circus-like district, and I think that is enough circuses for one game O_O Also, the reason I hope that Pinocchio takes place in the circus over the town is because the town has a very familiar feeling to Notre Dame in terms of the structure of buildings (not cathedrals). I don't want this world to seems almost like a repeat of Notre Dame to a certain extent. That is why I hope there is the circus and Monstro, it will help easily define the world.

Sadly, for the people who are complaining, there will always be those people who complain because they think the world is unoriginal, or because they do not like the Disney movie itself. Haters gonna hate -__- again.

Wait a minute. Circus, colloseum/circus thing, the festival from hunchback...

QUICK YOU GUYS, NAME OTHER DISNEY WORKS THAT HAD SIMILAR CIRCUSSES AND FESTIVALS!!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wait a minute. Circus, colloseum/circus thing, the festival from hunchback...

QUICK YOU GUYS, NAME OTHER DISNEY WORKS THAT HAD SIMILAR CIRCUSSES AND FESTIVALS!!!

I doubt we are going to have a ton of circus/colosseum worlds because KH usually has a variety of worlds. Futuristic, Medieval, Fantasy, and maybe something close to Modern.

But here are some worlds lololol

Tangled
Princess and the Frog

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I doubt we are going to have a ton of circus/colosseum worlds because KH usually has a variety of worlds. Futuristic, Medieval, Fantasy, and maybe something close to Modern.

But here are some worlds lololol

Tangled
Princess and the Frog

You realise I was kidding, right. :3

Though on the other hand. Having all those festive places... Sounds exactly like something out of... a... dream :p

Then the Dream Eaters bonk it up.

Also: yes and yes.

And while I know it's not going to happen, I just can't resist: Festival of the Hunt. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back