• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Companions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Capture-3.png

so riku, his companions, and possibly sora have the more rounded symbols

and the enemies have the pointy one

Shire Folk

The enemies just don't make any sense yet, and neither does the place of the companions. Hopefully more light on them will be shed tomorrow or in the few months between now and release.

Jewelielie

Website
jewelielie.deviantart.com
I've seen only a few people that noticed the meaning of the companions' names. I thought Wandanyan was a seal, then a narwhal, then a blob, then a dog until the name came out. XD "Wanda" or "wonder" and "nyan" which is the sound of a cat like "meow". We have ourselves a pudgy blue cat with a horn, apparently.
And I translated the bat's katakana name originally as "pet bat". Sounds more like a species' name to me, in which case I think it was be cute to be able to input names for them just for fun.

Also, from what I gather the "panda/squirrel" thing is Sora's second companion. You can see it's face in the party member health-bar. In Riku's demo gameplay I spotted a panda Dream Eater with the same face as Sora's second companion, but it was blue instead of while/yellow/cream. That along with that weird symbol on Wonder Nyan's chest points to being able to 'tame' certain Dream Eaters, if you ask me... The only thing I don't understand is why Riku has the Dream Eater symbol on the back of his shirt (assuming that the symbol is indeed for "Dream Eaters").

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I've seen only a few people that noticed the meaning of the companions' names. I thought Wandanyan was a seal, then a narwhal, then a blob, then a dog until the name came out. XD "Wanda" or "wonder" and "nyan" which is the sound of a cat like "meow". We have ourselves a pudgy blue cat with a horn, apparently.
And I translated the bat's katakana name originally as "pet bat". Sounds more like a species' name to me, in which case I think it was be cute to be able to input names for them just for fun.

Also, from what I gather the "panda/squirrel" thing is Sora's second companion. You can see it's face in the party member health-bar. In Riku's demo gameplay I spotted a panda Dream Eater with the same face as Sora's second companion, but it was blue instead of while/yellow/cream. That along with that weird symbol on Wonder Nyan's chest points to being able to 'tame' certain Dream Eaters, if you ask me... The only thing I don't understand is why Riku has the Dream Eater symbol on the back of his shirt (assuming that the symbol is indeed for "Dream Eaters").

i think that symbol is sora and rikus symbol, similar to the heart one that terra aqua and ven had. the reason it is on the seal thing could be because sora captured it, it shows the symbol as a means of ownership.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I was hoping we would have characters from different worlds as party members, but as long as they interact with other characters, then I guess it's fine. I just have to get used to these animal things a little more. And I'm pretty sure we're not going to see them in any other game. I guess they're okay.

Jewelielie

Website
jewelielie.deviantart.com
i think that symbol is sora and rikus symbol, similar to the heart one that terra aqua and ven had. the reason it is on the seal thing could be because sora captured it, it shows the symbol as a means of ownership.

I really love that idea and hope it's true! Though on Riku's demo video I really think I see that symbol on the stomach of the panda enemies, but the video isn't clear so I don't think we can say for sure either way until some clearer pictures of Dream Eaters comes in. (Maybe the symbols are just similar? That or Riku and maybe Sora have Dream Eater symbols for some reason.) But I still really hope you're right. Otherwise I hope there's a cool/story-based reason for our beloved heroes to have the enemy's mark. =\

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I really love that idea and hope it's true! Though on Riku's demo video I really think I see that symbol on the stomach of the panda enemies, but the video isn't clear so I don't think we can say for sure either way until some clearer pictures of Dream Eaters comes in. (Maybe the symbols are just similar? That or Riku and maybe Sora have Dream Eater symbols for some reason.) But I still really hope you're right. Otherwise I hope there's a cool/story-based reason for our beloved heroes to have the enemy's mark. =\

it might be on the panda enemy, but its also on the back of rikus shirt so idkkk

Bobjam

Awards
Didn't really like the look of these guys running around with you but I guess yeah there's a reason behind it...starting to remind me more and more of a pokemon type feel if I'm honest (just with the companions that is).

LucasDraleau

No "Real" Party Members: One possible reason that these Dream Eaters can become party members is because Yen Sid still wants Sora and Riku to have "helpers", but having party members, such as Donald, Neku, etc. could screw up the MoM Test, because they aren't testing using their true strengths, they are having help from others. So, by having Sora and Riku, befriend their enemies, they are choosing their "weapons" (party members) from the same "arsenal" (The Dream Eaters).

Enemies or Not: I believe that since the Dream Eaters can be befriended that they are both our friends and our enemies. It would make sense to Yen Sid, because Sora and Riku would first have to defeat the enemies, the befriend them, causing them to TRUST their enemies. It goes back to the original theme of KH3D, "TRUST."

Dream Eaters Goal: The purpose of the Dream Eaters could like that of our Nightmares. When we sleep, we have nightmares which could be represented as Dream Eaters, that we can't control. But, we also often change dreams, which could be represented as going from the "Evil Side" of Dreams to the "Good Side" of Dreams. Someone mentioned before that it could link back to the "Birth by Sleep." These creatures could be the obstacle to being reborn in our dreams and when we overcome these obstacles, by defeating and befriending them, they could lead us to our rebirth.

Why are they so weird looking? - If you think about our dreams, we can't control them and often our minds come up with some very bizarre ideas. So these Dream Eaters could represent the improbability and uncertainty of our Dreams. Sometimes we dream that a person is there, but when we wake up we realize that the person looked completely different than what we normally see them as. In some instances, you could say that we see the person in their true form. So through Dreams we see people in their true forms, so Yen Sid could see the true intentions and reactions to the events, from both Sora and Riku's perspective, giving him an idea of whether or not one is worthy or not of the Mark of Mastery.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Why are they so weird looking? - If you think about our dreams, we can't control them and often our minds come up with some very bizarre ideas. So these Dream Eaters could represent the improbability and uncertainty of our Dreams. Sometimes we dream that a person is there, but when we wake up we realize that the person looked completely different than what we normally see them as. In some instances, you could say that we see the person in their true form. So through Dreams we see people in their true forms, so Yen Sid could see the true intentions and reactions to the events, from both Sora and Riku's perspective, giving him an idea of whether or not one is worthy or not of the Mark of Mastery.

Actually, the things that people see in their dreams are all in some way composed of things the person has seen before. If you see a person and they look different, all of their characteristic are going to be made up of other characteristics you see on other people. For example, if you have never seen the color brown it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to dream of the color. Do you understand what I'm saying? Although dreams are uncontrollable, everything in a dream is based on a feature one can recall in real life. Thus, these creatures would have to be made of things Sora and Riku have both seen...and to me, I don't recall anything in the whole KH series that looked remotely close to that fat thing by Sora's side o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back