• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Companions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shire Folk

So Sora's got a dog and a squirrel thing and Riku has a unicorn thing and a bat. Wandanyan and Koumori Bat... just what the heck are these things? I'm of a mind that they might be somewhat similar to Pokemon/Digimon, but that doesn't entirely seem accurate given the way Kingdom Hearts has worked in the past. They could be similar to a wizard's familiar, the companions like Donald and Goofy, or they could be like summons/Gestalt Mode from FFXIII. Thoughts/opinions?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So Sora's got a dog and a squirrel thing and Riku has a unicorn thing and a bat. Wandanyan and Koumori Bat... just what the heck are these things? I'm of a mind that they might be somewhat similar to Pokemon/Digimon, but that doesn't entirely seem accurate given the way Kingdom Hearts has worked in the past. They could be similar to a wizard's familiar, the companions like Donald and Goofy, or they could be like summons/Gestalt Mode from FFXIII. Thoughts/opinions?

They are seemingly called "Dream Eaters" and are described in some demo impressions as being goblins who consume sleep.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I think, from one of the impressions that we've seen, they could in fact be captured Dream Eaters who turn from enemies into battle companions.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Those are my thoughts (the wizard's familiar part). They seem to be accompanying Sora and Riku through the dream world so I'm guessing they're something Yen Sid devised to help them.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
So the underside of Sora's blue dog Dream Eater thing was branded with one of those new symbols. If the rest of the Dream Eaters don't have those marks then maybe it's to show that they have been captured by, or are loyal to Sora or Riku.

Shire Folk

I didn't think that they were Dream Eaters because I thought that the Dream Eaters were goblinoid creatures that would be the main enemies instead of Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed. Since it's all in a dreamscape-ish setting I was also wondering if these companions would also transform into anything, but then figured that since Sora and Riku are the PCs that having transforming companions would take some of the focus off of Sora and Riku and that they might act more like Donald and Goofy or as a wizard's familiar, travelling along with Sora and Riku and providing certain bonuses and additional bonuses depending which one of them was in the field. However, hearing that Sora can ride on the dog one (and I'm assuming Riku would treat the unicorn one as a steed with a gore weapon), it makes them sound almost like summon companions or a Ranger/Druid's animal companion.

Two things that I am wondering are if these little guys can talk or if they are going to persist beyond the confines of this game alone? Will Sora and Riku get to keep them at the end of the game after they become Keyblade Masters? I doubt the answer to the second one is yes, but I would still kinda like them to stay. I would like to see the look on the other's face (or Kairi's face) if he/she sees the companions.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wait...I'm confused. Was the "panda from hell" actually a squirrel? Or can you somehow acquire different party members to swap out as well. Another question I have is I know it stated that the dream eaters aim to "consume sleep," but if so, what is their goal in life? Is it to eat all the sleep in the world and prevent people from sleeping...because that sounds like some Pokemon Darkrai cliche crap <_<

Awards
I really this the dog is a cat. 'Niyan' is the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound cat's make and his name is Wandaniyan. Wanda would actually be wonder. So it's something along the lines of Wondernyan, Wondermew, or Wondercat.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well if Pete is apparently a cat...I could believe Wandanyan is a cat.

D

Deleted member 87467

Am I the only one that doesn't like those companions? I like everything else with Neku and stuff, but the companions are ridiculous!

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
so our enemyies our also companions
personally that cat dog panda blimp thing is disturbing
and while the bat fits riku as a spirit animal perfectly its bright colors make me sick cuase it clased with his persoanlityy how can look aloof and cool with babbit flying around

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Fun fact: koumori is japanese for "bat". So the name is intentionally redundant.

Awards
Cute, but not very fitting...

We've had more absurd looking Heartless and considering this is set within a dream, they're plenty fitting as far as I'm concerned.
Was kind of hoping that Riku's second companion was a Pegasus, not a unicorn. The wings of a Pegasus and the bat would kind of match with the design of Way to Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back