• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

College

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
anyone else who has been unsuccessful in one subject? currently taking a major requirement for the fourth time now

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Math really sucks. Took trig and precalc in high school and somehow passed with a B or BC for each. Idegi.

I have one more math requirement this semester. Pushed that sucker off until the very last semester like a boss.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
anyone else who has been unsuccessful in one subject? currently taking a major requirement for the fourth time now

Fourth? Yikes. My school will not let you take something more than 3 times. Good luck passing it this time.

Math really sucks. Took trig and precalc in high school and somehow passed with a B or BC for each. Idegi.

I have one more math requirement this semester. Pushed that sucker off until the very last semester like a boss.

I feel like it's just easier to get your math requirements out of the way as soon as you can (like fresh out of high school) because the longer you wait the more you forget. I've had friends who go back to math classes after like 4 years and they can't even remember the simple stuff anymore, which makes college math hard for them.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Fourth? Yikes. My school will not let you take something more than 3 times. Good luck passing it this time.

Damn, so what happens if you fail 3 times? Gotta switch the major up? :/

I haven't been that unlucky. Failed Single Variable Calculus II the first time I took it. Came back the following semester and took with a graduate student teaching the course (she gave us handouts every class! Didn't realize how much they helped in grade school) and passed with a B. Failed Microecon 2 last semester and am taking it again, with the notoriously harder professor this time since I don't have a choice :( Wish me luck…I'm already scared.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Depends on the class. What subject?
Accounting.

Thanks. My school has the same rule and I am currently taking it at a JC center in my area.

I will not succumb to that idea. I admit I've slacked to learn the principles mainly because of my disinterest in the subject. In the three times I've taken it, teachers have all explained the principles differently and have developed different class structures. Accounting is a very sensitive subject because the language in transactions can sometimes be tricky. The current class I am taking is aimed to assist those who have taken the class and haven't met the requirement. It will help me succeed to finally pass this subject. I am, however, shy of 18 units until I graduate so I will just keep my head up and shoot for an A.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
Damn you guys hate math that much? Compared to all the other stuff i'm doing math feels like a cake walk for me, and is probably the only subject i can stand.

So far the only class I have failed is circuits 1 but I blame myself i took it during the summer, where it was rushed and there was no tutoring service available.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Yeah. Although I think that's just general policy, some departments can be more strict. Mine will only let you fail a class in the major once. After that you're on probation. If you fail it again, you're usually kicked out of the department.

I haven't been that unlucky. Failed Single Variable Calculus II the first time I took it. Came back the following semester and took with a graduate student teaching the course (she gave us handouts every class! Didn't realize how much they helped in grade school) and passed with a B. Failed Microecon 2 last semester and am taking it again, with the notoriously harder professor this time since I don't have a choice :( Wish me luck…I'm already scared.

Ugh that stinks. Does the econ have a lot of statistics in it?

Thanks. My school has the same rule and I am currently taking it at a JC center in my area. .

Taking hard classes at JC is a really good idea if you can do it. Sounds like a smart move.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I will not succumb to that idea. I admit I've slacked to learn the principles mainly because of my disinterest in the subject. In the three times I've taken it, teachers have all explained the principles differently and have developed different class structures. Accounting is a very sensitive subject because the language in transactions can sometimes be tricky. The current class I am taking is aimed to assist those who have taken the class and haven't met the requirement. It will help me succeed to finally pass this subject. I am, however, shy of 18 units until I graduate so I will just keep my head up and shoot for an A.

Damn, good luck bruh. I loved Accounting personally. Came to me easier than any subject I've taken in college.

And I believe so, Dogen :/

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah. Although I think that's just general policy, some departments can be more strict. Mine will only let you fail a class in the major once. After that you're on probation. If you fail it again, you're usually kicked out of the department.

that's how most colleges seem to work, from what i understand. i started working as an assistant in my liberal arts college's advising department, so i now see a lot of students coming in with third attempt forms. if you're not approved, you get dropped from the major with no way of getting back in.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I've only failed 3 courses in college.
- Cobol 1 (Computer programming 1) - I wasn't taking the class seriously, I missed 4 classes and they dropped my grade by a whole letter. I ending up retaking it and passing it.
- Aural Skills II - Sight reading music is hard enough for me, but having to Sing it back by voice in the right pitches isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world. - Took this course a second and passed.
- Calculus - I suck at math... It wasn't the brightest move to take this class and it was about a Year and 1/2 since i have taken pre-calc. I have taken it a second time and did okay but may try to take it again to get a better grade. Have to get a not from the Dean tho...

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I feel like it's just easier to get your math requirements out of the way as soon as you can (like fresh out of high school) because the longer you wait the more you forget. I've had friends who go back to math classes after like 4 years and they can't even remember the simple stuff anymore, which makes college math hard for them.
My math class is actually not too difficult. Great instructor, gives handouts, only makes us do "suggested" homework (which I use for studying). I'm not too worried.

Ouch dude. I know how it feels to have that harder professor. :( Best of luck.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I've only failed 3 courses in college.
- Cobol 1 (Computer programming 1) - I wasn't taking the class seriously, I missed 4 classes and they dropped my grade by a whole letter. I ending up retaking it and passing it.
- Aural Skills II - Sight reading music is hard enough for me, but having to Sing it back by voice in the right pitches isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world. - Took this course a second and passed.
- Calculus - I suck at math... It wasn't the brightest move to take this class and it was about a Year and 1/2 since i have taken pre-calc. I have taken it a second time and did okay but may try to take it again to get a better grade. Have to get a not from the Dean tho...

They start you out with COBOL? That's...interesting. Certainly not a good way to rope in prospective comp sci majors...

I never really had too much issue with math classes (went up to Calc III. Didn't want to get into multivariable calculus though..). I could have gone for a math minor or even double major, but at the time I didn't have the interest in doing that (I opted for philosophy minor).

D

Deleted member 36435

that's how most colleges seem to work, from what i understand. i started working as an assistant in my liberal arts college's advising department, so i now see a lot of students coming in with third attempt forms. if you're not approved, you get dropped from the major with no way of getting back in.
u dont have to keep bring up the fact that you work in your schools la department we already know ur a didlin NERD

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
They start you out with COBOL? That's...interesting. Certainly not a good way to rope in prospective comp sci majors...

I never really had too much issue with math classes (went up to Calc III. Didn't want to get into multivariable calculus though..). I could have gone for a math minor or even double major, but at the time I didn't have the interest in doing that (I opted for philosophy minor).
Agree...
They did have pre-reqs but they really had nothing to do with programing. (The amount of students that failed that semester was crazy.) The class was a mess and by no means should have been entry level especially with the professor we got stuck with... The second time through is a lot better tho.

D

Deleted member 36435

I'm taking a computer science 102 course that has us doing Java. Like really basic Java. The 101 course was Alice "programming" and it's a little silly how my school is so slow paced and then starts with Java, a language people consider poopy.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I took Intro to Computer Science at both a CC (The teacher was terrible. Guy taught straight from the book and didn't even let us use the computers to program)and a 4 year college. The next course was Advanced Programming which threw us into Linux (Unix maybe?). It was fucking weird because I had to learn a new operating system on top of learning programming.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
I'm taking a computer science 102 course that has us doing Java. Like really basic Java. The 101 course was Alice "programming" and it's a little silly how my school is so slow paced and then starts with Java, a language people consider poopy.

My school starts with CS 100 which is Python. But each major starts different though. I was a Computer Engineer and I had to take C++ which idk how I passed and I recently switched to IT where I am now taking Python. Having that C++ knowledge now though makes the class so easy.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
not a fan of programming thank god I only need one programming class and they taught us C

Back