• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

College

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
Math courses are simple (when your professor does not give you a headache, haha). Pre-Calculus and Calculus are simple, the only problem is remembering those damn formulas, when to use them, what information to apply it and interpret application problems.

even then that has still not been a problem for me, if anything my only problem came from professors who were harsh graders. something as simple as a missing negative sign would warrant 15 points taken off your test to them

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
even then that has still not been a problem for me, if anything my only problem came from professors who were harsh graders. something as simple as a missing negative sign would warrant 15 points taken off your test to them
That... is too extreme. 0.o But another issue with college is that time goes by veeery fast.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Tell me about it. I drew a graph slightly wrong once (forgot to connect it at one end) and got -20 points off my test. Lol. STEM teachers can be really harsh in grading.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Tell me about it. I drew a graph slightly wrong once (forgot to connect it at one end) and got -20 points off my test. Lol. STEM teachers can be really harsh in grading.
Oh yeah, I know of a guy who's teacher put one or two bonus problems. They were worth a whopping 36 points but were complicated AS HELL. '_'

D

Deleted member 36435

there are shitty professors like that in every subject

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
Might have to agree with victor, liberal/non-STEM professors are slightly more worse because whatever you do that doesn't agree with their line of thinking is automatically wrong.

I known my english professor decided to almost not pass me because he didn't like the subject of my research paper instead of the actual quality of it (which was still good)

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

Might have to agree with victor, liberal/non-STEM professors are slightly more worse because whatever you do that doesn't agree with their line of thinking is automatically wrong.

I known my english professor decided to almost not pass me because he didn't like the subject of my research paper instead of the actual quality of it (which was still good)

Okay, well if either of you are getting defensive, don't. I'm not saying other professors in other subjects can't be totally harsh dicks. I'm sure they can, especially in subjective matters. I got 15 points off an essay in a history class once because the idiot grad student professor thought that words like "utopia" in my paper were above my audience (who was supposed to be him, the grad student. forgive me for believing a grad student should understand words like "utopia"). Idiocy at its finest.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Ouch. I once had a teacher that gave me a failing grade on an essay just because I was behind on the word count. If it weren't for the fact that the essays before and after were pretty good, then I doubt that me scraping by with a B would have been possible.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I've been doing really good so far this semester.

95 on my first Linear Algebra exam
85 on Biostatistics exam (I have an A in the class because of other assignments)
72 in Differential Equations

I'm really happy about that last one because I expected anywhere from a 20-50. I can see myself actually getting a B or A in the class.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Good job Luis. I got 90+ on my last two maths exams so I'm optimistic as well.

I'm behind in my portfolio prep class though... still gotta turn in a review sheet. It was due last week. lol

If you had evidence he felt this way (written comments or the like) I would have complained to his superiors (presuming he's not department chair).

That's not just rude and unscholarly, it's completely unfair. The first thing my profs always told me was "I don't care what you write about, just about how well you defend/present it." Kinda pissed just reading that tbh. lol

Last edited:

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Welp if things keep going downhill in Inorganic, I've been considering changing my major to film next semester.

The only caveat is is that I would have to take a summer class and then take an 18 credit semester in the fall to graduate next may haha

D

Deleted member 36435

my bio professor kind of annoyed me with this last test he gave and i generally really like him as a professor
question was an open ended question regarding major molecular steps that lead to life on earth, formation of macromolecules, organic molecules, self replicating rna and shit like that. he asked it in a way that lead me to believe he wanted more information on the topics than he actually wanted. so i wrote a bunch of stuff for each step and i guess i somehow managed to not answer what he was asking. he just put an X through my answer and took 10 points off. so a 91 turned into an 81 :(

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
>has finals 2-3 weeks after p. much everyone
>laughs mirthlessly at their despair
>hasn't studied one bit
>so really i'll prepare as much as them
>squandered opportunities of egotistic youth
> f uck

D

Deleted member 36435

Got my schedule for the fall semester:

Monday:
Microbiology Lecture - 8:30AM - 9:45AM - CM110
Chemistry Lecture - 1:25PM - 2:40PM CM109
Ecology Lecture - 6:00PM - 8:45PM - LA225

Tuesday:
Nothing

Wednesday:
Chemistry Lab - 8:00AM - 10:50AM - MS330
Microbiology Lab - 12:00PM - 2:45PM - MS241

Thursday:
Nothing

Friday:
Microbiology Lecture - 8:30AM - 9:45AM - CM110
Chemistry Lecture - 10:30AM - 11:45AM - MS165

Saturday:
Ecology Lab - 9:00AM - 4:00PM

ahaha fuckin ecology

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
my schedule for the fall:

Sept - Oct, Tues/Thurs 5:30-8:20
- Web Illustration and Animation

I work full time so I'll just work slightly shorter days to accommodate. Considering working from home on those days, not sure if new boss will go for it even though he's pretty chill.

Also I got into my university here but I really don't want to take more classes because my new job is all I really want to focus on. Will I need to reapply sometime in the future? Probs. Kinda gay.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Are there any architecture majors on here that understand the pain of being an architecture student?

If you want to try and understand (through the use of gifs!), here's a tumblr full of 23 pages worth of gifs that convey the struggle.
architorture school

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Are there any architecture majors on here that understand the pain of being an architecture student?

If you want to try and understand (through the use of gifs!), here's a tumblr full of 23 pages worth of gifs that convey the struggle.
architorture school

I have plenty of friends who are architecture majors. Those poor guys have to be at the architecture building all night many nights of the week slaving away on those design projects. I share their pain. And since a lot of them are starting grad school in the fall, looks like they have even more rough nights ahead of them.

my schedule for the fall:
-Mass Transfer
-Physical Chemistry
-Quantitative Chemical Analysis Lab
-Unit Operations Lab I
-Process Economics/Integration/Simulation
-Senior ChemE Seminar

Back