• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded on iPod Touch?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Any reason for why it isn't likely? Other then opinion? Market trends would dictate otherwise.

I've been waiting for someone to answer this question.
And don't spew out the "it'll be horrible" and "it'll lose that KH feel"
Because those are just pure opinions.

Yunq Jay said:
Yeah but...nah. Coded just wouldn't seem right for the Iphone.
It would be very difficult to move around; also, to attack.

No....it wouldn't.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I doubt that they would change the button config that much seeing as Iphone has no buttons. I think it might be too much of a hassle to bring it to Iphone imo

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
-_-Well duh I know that..... nevermind. I'd rather it go to something other than iPhone though.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Yeah, I'm not actually that into Apple products- I avoid them like the plague, actually. And no, I have no true reason to hat them, besides the fact that everyone and their mother thinks that the iPhone and the iPod are the best thing since sliced bread.

I just don't see them the same way that others do, and I won't ever buy one, even if the iPhone comes with Coded, which I do not believe will ever happen, because Apple is not associated with SE or it's affiliated companies, as far as I konw. If anything, it will be transfered to a different console, like CoM was, because if it doesn't, the next, crucial step to the KH series won't get to half of its fans.

I'd rather it stayed true to its origins, and stayed on the phone, but there's no doubt that America's technology is not as advanced as Japan's. The only thing that comes close is the iPhone, which won't have the game, if the statements about it being only for the Docomo (is that the name?) are true. Therefore, for the game to be spread (and make them money) outside of Japan, they will most probably have to transfer it to a different console, PSP being the most likely, as dissatisfactory that may be to some of you.

tevlen

I'm not saying that Coded will be iPhone/iPod exclusive, I'm saying it is likely to get onto it. The iPhone and iPod touch are very similar, and both run off ARM architecture, which is also what the DS runs on, as well as the Pandora. Note that it is different versions of ARM, but they're both ARM. ARM is very simple to develop for, and its simple to port to. Therefore, the iPhone and Ipod touch are likely candidates to receive Coded. I do not, nor have I ever owned any apple product, so there is no pro-apple bias here. I'll only be able to play Coded if my nV2 is able to play Coded (which it may be able to, as other phone-based full on games are compatible). However, my opinion, based on market trends and technical specifications is that the iPhone and Ipod-touch are the most likely candidates to receive the game. They, in my opinion are the bare minimum, but other advanced phones are also likely to be able to play it.

Lifes.Lover

Website
You're saying that it's the highest candidate because it's the most advanced phone that NA has, and while that's true, that doesn't make it a prime candidate. We are more likely to have it transferred to one of the other consoles, than to the iPhone or iPod Touch, because it is an Apple product. Besides, it's already been said that it will only be released for Docomo. If anything, we won't recieve Coded at all. It's cool that you know that about the iPhone, but just because it might be technologically advanced enough to be compatible with the game, doesn't mean that it will go to that phone.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't afford to buy a iPhone or iPod Touch just to play a game.

I'm not saying that it will go to any other phone, though, because we don't have that many that are compatible.

Crimson Jazz

You're saying that it's the highest candidate because it's the most advanced phone that NA has, and while that's true, that doesn't make it a prime candidate. We are more likely to have it transferred to one of the other consoles, than to the iPhone or iPod Touch, because it is an Apple product. Besides, it's already been said that it will only be released for Docomo. If anything, we won't recieve Coded at all. It's cool that you know that about the iPhone, but just because it might be technologically advanced enough to be compatible with the game, doesn't mean that it will go to that phone.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't afford to buy a iPhone or iPod Touch just to play a game.

I'm not saying that it will go to any other phone, though, because we don't have that many that are compatible.

*facepalm*

We ARE getting coded. Nomura confirmed this.
And I'm 100% SURE coded won't be ported to another console.
If it was ported, then it wouldn't play slightly different than other titles in the series, which Nomura wants it to.

tevlen

Nomura has said that he wants to make it available outside of Japan, but there haven't been any actual definitive yes's on getting it. And if we do get it, would you make it for the iPhone?

I never said that we weren't, I just said that it was more likely to be that way.

If I were a developer, yes, I would make it for the iPhone, and then I would make it for any other phone that I felt could properly portray Kingdom Hearts.

I don't understand why iPhone being an Apple product makes it less likely to get Coded. Its a phone. Apple and SE have no record, positive or negative, so why would that affect it. When something gets popular, like the iPod, the company often has backlash from people who dislike the product, often for no reason. Apple is one such company. I do not own an iPod because I have no reason to, I use my laptop to listen to music and I carry it with me almost 24/7. If I wanted to listen to music more portably, I would look at Ipod and all other MP3 players to find the one that best suited my needs.

Based on the freedom and ease of development for the iPhone, the existing consumer base, and the projected sales and popularity of the iPhone, I would, were I a developer, develop Coded on the iPhone.

Lifes.Lover

Website
I have an irritational hatred of all Apple products, not just the iPhone, but everything else they make. I never said that other people felt that way, or that that was the reason why it wouldn't be made for Coded.

The reason why I say that it won't come to the iPhone because of it being an Apple product is that SE has had more games brought out with the Sony products (PS) and Nintendo (DS, etc.) and I've never heard of Apple making a console. SE has more ties to Sony and Nintendo than they do Apple, and they'll probably go for those they're tied with over new companies they haven't worked with before. Though maybe this is all just in my head, and they'd completely do this. If so, then maybe they will make it for the Coded. Either way, I won't be buying it.

Chibi-Usa

I'd be jealous because I bought the 4GEN Nano instead of the touch lol. But it does make sense for it to come out on the touch.

tevlen

I have an irritational hatred of all Apple products, not just the iPhone, but everything else they make. I never said that other people felt that way, or that that was the reason why it wouldn't be made for Coded.

The reason why I say that it won't come to the iPhone because of it being an Apple product is that SE has had more games brought out with the Sony products (PS) and Nintendo (DS, etc.) and I've never heard of Apple making a console. SE has more ties to Sony and Nintendo than they do Apple, and they'll probably go for those they're tied with over new companies they haven't worked with before. Though maybe this is all just in my head, and they'd completely do this. If so, then maybe they will make it for the Coded. Either way, I won't be buying it.

Sadly (or maybe not) Nintendo and Sony don't' make cell phones. Coded is being developed and marketed towards cell phones. While a release for PSP is not out of the question, right now, based on the information we have we cannot assume that it will be. If it is a purely cell phone release, which right now we can assume it will be, then Square enix will have to work with a company other than nintendo or sony.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Which is why SE is bulking (as far as I've heard) on making it outside of Japan, because the Docomo isn't released in the US.

It's not entirely unlikely for it to be made for the PSP, because cell phone games have been switched to that console, and CoM was made for PS2, and released to NA, so that others may see it, and get stoked about the games again.

It's not that I don't want it to be on the phone, even though that'll mean that I'll never play it, but just that it doesn't seem likely.

tevlen

Com was released to the PS2 YEARS after its initial release. And Docomo isn't in any way affiliated with Sony or Nintendo, and there is zero chance of Docomo coming to the US. They've already lost ten billion dollars here, so no chance of that. If Coded comes to the US, which, while not certain, for the purposes of this thread can be assumed, new phones would have to be chosen. Since US has a wide range of carriers, it is unlikely that Square Enix would restrict to a single carrier.

Even so, I doubt it will move to the iPhone. While technologically the most advanced phone we have (as far as I know) in NA, I don't think it will happen. After all, isn't an iPhone the product of Apple/Macintosh? They're in direct competition with Sony, are they not? And doesn't Sony make the consoles that the other games have appeared on, except for the DS, which is Nintendo?

Sony and Apple are not rivals. Apple sells computers and computer peripherals, while Sony focuses on entertainment products. while there is some overlap, they are not as much in direct competition as say, Sony and Nintendo or Panasonic, or Apple and Microsoft.

Crimson Jazz

A PSP port is unlikely, because if coded was ported to the PSP, then the game wouldn't play slightly different than other titles in the series, which Nomura wants it to.

I've said this a million times.
It was Nomura's intention to make coded for cell phones, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back