• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Changes to games mid-production/post-production

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Tbh it being noncanon is what makes it so enjoyable. Nomura isn't there to taint it. lmao

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What the fuck, lol?
Fans accuse Nomura of overdoing it with the two guys/one girl trios and then go and create one for Xehanort and Eraqus as well?
Hypocrites...;P

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Seriously, while I think her design does look quite cute (and it doesn't seem too far off that she could've been more important in the past than it seems in the series so far), ugh. Please no.
I hope that they, just for once, just focus on those two boys instead of throwing in some random girl who will probably have no own character traits again.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
What the diddly, lol?
Fans accuse Nomura of overdoing it with the two guys/one girl trios and then go and create one for Xehanort and Eraqus as well?
Hypocrites...;P
Hey, I never made those accusations, so I'm not being hypocritical!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What the fuck, lol?
Hypocrites...;P

bRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO B-BR-BRO

Anagram

Banned
What the diddly, lol?
Hypocrites...;P

Someone can't take jokes today~ =w=

It was brought up in response to the joke he always has a trio in the first place. Ya know he's probably trying to officially squeeze in a girl into his young Xehanort-Eraqus bromance as we speak. xD

appleboy82791

Awards

It was brought up in response to the joke he always has a trio in the first place. Ya know he's probably trying to officially squeeze in a girl into his young Xehanort-Eraqus bromance as we speak. xD

That would ruin their bromance!

Venx

larxene's somebody confirmed? Even tho the age would make no sense? Yeah I'm probably right

Anagram

Banned
GMR: Why did you guys decide to make a Kingdom Hearts game for GBA? Why not tell this entire story within the context of Kingdom Hearts II?

Tetsuya Nomura: The story for Kingdom Hearts II already existed when we worked on the original Kingdom Hearts. At the time, the story for Chain of Memories wasn’t concrete. Kingdom Hearts II continues where we left off in the original, but a year later. Initially, we weren’t planning on telling the story of that one “blank” year, but the more we started disscussing the GBA version, the more we thought it would be to do so in Chain of Memories.
GMR Nomura Interview 2004! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Here's a fun somewhat midway between KH1 and 2 change made many don't know about. Several side stories weren't initially planned (mostly just Bbs was planned/set up during kh2s creation) but at one point that counted for CoM as well.

Imagine how different kh2 would've been without CoM. The entire series story would be very different.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Or he could do someone no one would see coming and throw in Young Yen Sid to complete the trio...

And yeah, I noticed how pivotal Castle Oblivion was to the story pretty early on. Even without knowing the stories of KH1 and II, it was a massive plot elephant in the room that seemed to be the ground zero of everything that was happening in Days and Re:Coded.

Who knew that the GBA game was going to be the most important story in the whole series?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Seriously, while I think her design does look quite cute (and it doesn't seem too far off that she could've been more important in the past than it seems in the series so far), ugh. Please no.
I hope that they, just for once, just focus on those two boys instead of throwing in some random girl who will probably have no own character traits again.

But it is inevitable that Yen Sid at least would be with them. Seeing as I think he was either their Master or a fellow student with them. There's your trio: Eraqus (Square), Yen Sid (Disney) and Xehanort (Another/No Heart), all three of which have anagramed names of the three themes present in Kingdom Hearts. :3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

i doubt it because that is information he could not resist showing in a trailer.

although, kairi'a grandma did learn the story of the keyblade war from somewhere, perhaps she was a traveler, or the duo ran into her in radiant garden. ruining the duo dynamic would suck but she learned the story from somewhere, maybe she was a wielder herself completey seperate from them? who the hell knows.

Anagram

Banned
But it is inevitable that Yen Sid at least would be with them. Seeing as I think he was either their Master or a fellow student with them. There's your trio: Eraqus (Square), Yen Sid (Disney) and Xehanort (Another/No Heart), all three of which have anagramed names of the three themes present in Kingdom Hearts. :3
Or, ya know, Yensid could just be their friend. That's pretty much all he admits too in game. Masters are scarce, gotta stick together and all. (until one stabs another in the back) >3>

i doubt it because that is information he could not resist showing in a trailer.

although, kairi'a grandma did learn the story of the keyblade war from somewhere, perhaps she was a traveler, or the duo ran into her in radiant garden. ruining the duo dynamic would suck but she learned the story from somewhere, maybe she was a wielder herself completey seperate from them? who the hell knows.
Im leaning toward it being her a Radiant Garden resident for now. That world seems unique.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Or, ya know, Yensid could just be their friend. That's pretty much all he admits too in game. Masters are scarce, gotta stick together and all. (until one stabs another in the back) >3>
I remember people speculating that the third wooden throne in the Land of Departure was Yen Sid's til he up and left. It's not too much of a stretch.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
my headcanon for young yen sid is like, young civilian teenager clothes and a young body except yen sid's old face and beard are still there, that perpetual scowl.

Anagram

Banned
I remember people speculating that the third wooden throne in the Land of Departure was Yen Sid's til he up and left. It's not too much of a stretch.
Yes but it could also mean he just used to sit there as a fellow master as well. That or Yen Sids master, Eraqus' and another sat there. Many possibilities.

my headcanon for young yen sid is like, young civilian teenager clothes and a young body except yen sid's old face and beard are still there, that perpetual scowl.
tumblr_o01uzy9ZDY1qkjik5o2_1280.jpg

I'vE ChangeD YoU KnoW?..., ☆Attack & Magic★ Young yen sid!!?? Well well...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
wow. nothing can be left to canon anymore can it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back