• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chances Of KH 1.5/2.5 On PSN?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

laddyboy12

I don't have a Ps3 and don't plan on getting one because I'll have to get a Ps4 in a few years for KH3. So, what are the chances of Kh 1.5/2.5 on the psn store for PS4?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Chances Of KH 1.5/2.5 On Psn?

Did we ever find out why they didn't come to the PSN before? Was it Utada's music?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Did we ever find out why they didn't come to the PSN before? Was it Utada's music?
Last I heard, it was Disney (which doesn't make sense because there's Disney games on there).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Since BBS never made it onto the PSN, my guess is no.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There's so much included in each game. I'm gonna say no, simply because of the amount of content and how many loops they'd have to jump through.

Er... the amount of content really doesn't affect whether they'll be available digitally.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

There's so much included in each game. I'm gonna say no, simply because of the amount of content and how many loops they'd have to jump through.
Uh, no. I had to download 34 gigs just to play Uncharted 3. Content isn't an issue.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What? Content isn't the problem considering there are thousands of games on PSN...and I don't think they'd have any issues getting the rights for everything unless somebody ends up being stubborn (which would be weird to get upset over because they'd get paid for it.)

For future Gaikai support (which I think SE and Disney would both want to support to allow for continued sales of older PS3 titles) they will have to put it on PSN anyways.

Santiago

rpmy.png

Source: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix on PS3 Today, New Trailer – PlayStation.Blog

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
2.5 likely has a higher chance if its cross gen on PS4, I'm sure there will be some mandatory digital requirement.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Ok, about the content thing I was saying earlier: I wasn't talking about gigs and whatnot, I was referring to the fact that Tarzan (individually owned), Final Fantasy, Disney, and things like Utada's music are all in one package. THAT kind of content. And it was just an assumption, was all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ok, about the content thing I was saying earlier: I wasn't talking about gigs and whatnot, I was referring to the fact that Tarzan (individually owned), Final Fantasy, Disney, and things like Utada's music are all in one package. THAT kind of content. And it was just an assumption, was all.

Oh no, that stuff wouldn't be a problem. They could just ask the Burroughs estate for permission again, FF is SE so there aren't any licensing issues, and Utada's music would be licensed through her JP and EN labels as always. I'm not really clear about the specifics, but there is a law that gives Japanese voice actors the right to control how their voices are used for digital uses...I doubt that'd be a problem but that would be something to think about as well.

Anyways, it's not hard to just call the appropriate people, hand them some money and promise royalties, and carry on. If they haven't started an argument after this long, they probably won't now.

Shasta

Awards
Oh no, that stuff wouldn't be a problem. They could just ask the Burroughs estate for permission again, FF is SE so there aren't any licensing issues, and Utada's music would be licensed through her JP and EN labels as always. I'm not really clear about the specifics, but there is a law that gives Japanese voice actors the right to control how their voices are used for digital uses...I doubt that'd be a problem but that would be something to think about as well.

Anyways, it's not hard to just call the appropriate people, hand them some money and promise royalties, and carry on. If they haven't started an argument after this long, they probably won't now.
About the Burroughs thing, I don't see it happening because of how there was an issue with them and Square Enix during a time. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I'm aware that after Edgar Rice's death, there was no chance that Square could obtain the rights to Tarzan again.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They were able to get the rights to putting the world back in KH1FM HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back