• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brittle Apocalypse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdc456

Unfortunately, next week for me is finals for this semester at school. Quickly followed by a four day snowboarding trip with some people from school. And then Christmas two days after I get back.

Together this means that I will not be posting another chapter until after Christmas. I promise I will have another chapter the Monday or Tuesday after Christmas.

tdc456

Alright, I'm done with my phase of not having enough time to do anything I want to. Tomorrow tonight I will posting the next chapter. I guess you can consider this some sort of break like as if a filler arc were thrown in, although I hate filler with a passion...

Anyway, yeah, so, next chapter, tomorrow. I hope you'll look forward to it.

Last edited:

tdc456

I know it's a week later than I had originally said it would be, but better late than never in this case. Besides, I got to fine-tune some of the key points.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wind blew uninviting through the open desert around them. Neptune's anger seemed to resonate and echo back at him from Virgo and Aries. Aries turned to look at Virgo. She didn't even look back. Knowing what he wanted to hear, she simply nodded. He smiled and dug his heels into the ground.

Brittle Apocalypse
Chapter 10: Power Filled Sky​

Taurus thought for a quick second at the situation laid out for them. Aquarius obviously had some unfinished business with Saturn by the look in her eyes. The once bright blue became icy and filled with hate. He averted his eyes back to Saturn.

The quarter was simply spinning on the tip of his finger and it had been for a minute now without a single touch. It shot off like a bullet even though he hadn't budged an inch. Taurus reached out and threw his hand in front of Aquarius' face just barely in time to catch the coin. Opening his hand, he saw it had dug in and ripped the skin off his palm.

"So how fast was that quarter spinnin' anyway" He tossed it to the ground in front of Saturn.

"Two thousand rotations per second. Faster than anything else in existence to be honest." Saturn put his hand back in his pocket. "Think you can keep up with me big guy?"

"I know I can!!" Aquarius charged concentrating a ball of water in her right hand.

"Wait! Aquarius, don't!" Taurus yelled in a futile attempt to keep her from making a careless mistake.

Saturn watched her run up and allowed a sliver of a smirk to cross his face. Her arm extended and the water exploded forward. Saturn easily moved out of the way and gently placed his hand on her stomach. Aquarius clenched her face as she felt something try to twist her.

"Trust me on this one little girl, you don't want to fight this feeling." Understanding what he meant, Aquarius let her mind loosen. The twisting, spinning feeling immediately shot outward into the rest of her body.

Aquarius was sent spinning wildly out of control through the air. Her body collided with a tree and broke two of her ribs. She fell to the ground and coughed up a tiny bit of blood.

All Taurus had seen was Saturn slowly place a hand on her stomach. Not a second later she was on the ground thirty feet away. What sort of power is this?

Capricorn and Cancer stood face to face with a much stronger opponent than they had counted on. If Taurus is a brick wall, then this man was a skyscraper. Jupiter was literally made of nothing but muscle.

"Don't be afraid of me little ones. I'm only here to deliver a message." He smiled and took a step forward.

"You stay right there!" Capricorn still had two fingers on his left temple. "Don't listen to a thing he says, Cancer. His thoughts are not in the right place. He's out for blood."

"You can penetrate my mind's wall? That's damn good for such a little kid." Jupiter tightened his right hand into a fist. He threw a punch aimed at Capricorn from several feet away. The force from his arm managed to work its way through the particles in the air and collide with his chest. Capricorn toppled over backwards and rolled for a few feet.

"H-h-holy shit. That's one strong punch. Are you okay?" Cancer ran over to him and helped him up.

"I'm fine. It was just enough to knock me over, not actually hurt me." He glared at Jupiter.

"O ho!! So not only is he smart, he can take a punch, too. Who knew? Looks like I'll have to be careful with this one." Jupiter let out a hearty almost fatherly laugh.

"Cut the sarcastic bullshit, you prick." Cancer stepped forward. Jupiter stopped smiling and gave her a stern look.

"Fine." His voice was suddenly deeper. "If that's how you want it, that's how you'll get it."

"Cancer! Can you hold him off until I ready 'it'?"

"Oh yeah. Besides, I'm the only one of us who has figured out partial transformations. I'll be able to block and attack at the same time." She took a step forward and put her palms together. She closed her eyes slowly. Jupiter gave her a weird look and cocked his head to the side.

Her bracelets began to shake on her wrists and melt into one another. The material slowly spread up her right arm and engulfed it. She opened her eyes as they glowed a slight pink color. The symbol for her star sign was glowing and floating just in front of her forehead.

The material bubbled and shaped itself. Her right arm became a massive pink crab claw.

"Alright. Let's see what you've got big guy." She smirked and swung the claw a little as if weighed as much as a feather.

"Whoa. That's kinda cool, but to be honest that's also pretty gross what you did to your arm just now." Jupiter slammed his fists together and the ground shook violently. "Bring it, bitch." Cancer's eyes flashed brightly for a split second.

With a push of her toes, Cancer was flying at Jupiter. She brought her claw up high and slammed it down onto his left shoulder. He smiled and brought back his right arm. As he threw another massive hook she swung herself around a full three-sixty degrees and blocked the punch. Cancer slid back on her toes a few feet. Jupiter admired the her claw.

"You're made of some tough stuff there, huh? Not even the tiniest dent in it? Damn. Guess I'll just take it up a level or two." Jupiter looked at his right hand and put his arm out straight away from his body.

His muscles tightened and the veins were perfectly visible in his bicep. His wrist seemed to twist into a more flexible spot. Just as he looked up, Cancer was an inch away from his face.

"You have to learn to be faster, not just stronger." She closed her claw like a steel trap and sliced his right arm off. It fell dead to the ground.

Jupiter stood in awe of what was left of his arm and the top half of his bicep.

"CANCER!!" Both Jupiter and Cancer turned to see why Capricorn had yelled. He was standing with his fists clenched at his sides and his legs spread apart in some sort of balancing stance to keep him from falling. The symbol for his star sign was now floating just in front of his forehead as well. His whole body was glowing a deep blue and radiating with energy. He moved his hands to his temples placing both his index and middle finger tips on each side of his head. He focused his eyes on Jupiter.

"Cancer...' He spoke much softer. "...get out of the way."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be continued in
B.A. Chapter 11​

Last edited:

Andillexe

Yay, action! They're finally getting to fight the planets, but what's going on with Ghost? Why is he called Ghost and what's his power? Why is he so interested in Ethier, and when have they met before?

So the Zodiac is basically as powerful as the planets when they harness they're star energy? I got a little confused about that. Also, where are the rest of the Zodiac, like Chris and Kibo? Who are they going to fight, since Jupiter's fighting Capricorn and Cancer? And I don't like Saturn. He seems like a bastard to me.

Anywho, great chapters, and I'm sorry that I didn't get to them sooner. I've been trying to work on my own story and winter break was making me lazy. Can't wait for more fights and battles and information.

tdc456

Yes. Ethier first met Ghost when he tried to recruit him for the Zodiac. That was back before Ghost became a General. His power is a mystery as of now. His power is also why they call him ghost.

If they use the power of their star sign then they get much more powerful. But they still need more than one person to take down a General. Kibo, Chris, Isaac, and Enka are training in that other dimension remember. The last time we saw them, they were leaving to go train. And Saturn is a huge douche, yes.

Oh and by the way, that Jupiter fight isn't going the way you think it is, trust me.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I just skimmed, but it's looking good.

And Jupiter LOST AN ARM?

BTW, how is that manga/anime thing going?

tdc456

Well right now we are still in the planning stages. Me and a few friends went through the actual story up to the current point and I've brought them up to speed on how I want the story to go and all of the powers I haven't revealed.

We have improved much of the story to come and have also gone back and made some revisions to the original story as well, but it hasn't been anything drastic. My friend Ryan is hoping to become a mangaka (manga author) someday so he and I have created really crappy preliminary sketches of some of the characters.

All in all, it's a great process. I hope that it actual gets off the ground. As far as the story right now, I will have another chapter coming at the end of the week. If you could I would appreciate if you checked out another story I've been starting some work with called Quiet Minds. It's nothing like this story and as a whole is much more complex than Brittle Bullet or Brittle Apocalypse. There is a link to it in my signature.

tdc456

Yet another time has arrived to post a chapter. This one goes more into detail on powers and even has a small flashback. Interesting stuff.

Aquarius stood up and leaned back against the tree gripping her stomach. Several of her ribs had been shattered and even an organ or two were moved out of place. Saturn looked from her to Taurus and smiled. Taurus threw the quarter in his hand to the ground.

Brittle Apocalypse
Chapter 11: Talk Is Cheap​

What the fuck was that? Aquarius pondered the possibilities in her mind. He put his hand on my stomach as if he was going to massage it gently, but I felt like every ounce of my body was being spun wildly. She tried walking, but fell from the pain her abdomen.

"Calm down, Aquarius. Are you alright?" Taurus turned his attention to his fallen companion.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How did he do that?" She got back up and stayed next to the tree.

"Not sure. But that might be his power." Taurus placed his palms together calmly and closed his eyes. "Let me ask you this. Have you ever actually fought anyone on equal ground before?"

Saturn removed both hands from his pockets and let his arms hang comfortably at his sides. Scanning the area, he let the environment fill his senses. Then he laughed. It was small and mocking. In a tone of great disrespect.

"You think you can actually be as strong as a General? That's rich. That's why you are all below us." He crossed his arms and turned his nose up in disgust. "It's your cocky attitudes that got you stuck in the Zodiac when the true power lies with us."

"Pfft." Taurus lowered his arms. His forehead was glowing with the symbol for the star sign Taurus. "Then let me ask you this. What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Aries threw a high kick. Neptune simply ducked.

He threw a wild punch. Neptune easily side stepped to the left.

Aries threw another forward kick. Neptune didn't dodge.

He grabbed his foot with his right hand. Twisting it around, he flipped Aries down onto his back. Neptune slammed his elbow into his gut, knocking the wind out his lungs. He then let go and left Aries a limp gasping mass on the ground.

"Please. I'm kicking the shit out of you without even using my powers? You are one sad excuse for a Zodiac member." He looked up and his eyes met Virgo's. "Well hello, beautiful. It's about time we caught up."

"You stay away from me you freak." She raised her arms and put her palms out facing Neptune. "Don't make me use my abilities."

"I remember why you hate me so much." He smiled and kicked Aries again and rolled him out of the way. "Virgo. Do you really hold a grudge this long? You're such a woman."

-3 Years Earlier-​

A war was taking place. The Generals were "cleaning" out the "dirty" and "soulless" people in the world that would hinder their attempts to show the governments of the world the error of their ways.

Jupiter and Uranus were leaving a house in a small suburb. Behind them they left a trail of carnage which was by their definition of "justice."

Saturn and Venus moved quietly through a village in Europe killing people in a certain family.

Neptune was moving alone. His mission was clear.

He entered a silent home. The lights were on. He moved quickly to the kitchen. Inside, he met a woman and young man preparing dinner. With a motion of his arm, water sprung from the faucet and decapitated the woman and boy in an instant.

Moving upstairs, he dispatched the father. Back downstairs someone opened the front door.

"NOOOOO!" Virgo burst from the kitchen and met Neptune at the bottom of the stairs. "What the fuck did you do?!"

"My job. Now get out of the way bitch." He tried to step down. Virgo blocked his path.

"You killed my family, you bastard."

"Exactly, they risked our entire infrastructure. If they somehow found out about the Zodiac and your involvement, we would all be put away for a very long time."

"That is no reason."

"Go blow it out your ass. Or should I just shut you up myself?" Neptune placed his hand directly between her legs. She gasped and froze. "One move and you'll die just like them."

-Present Day-​

Virgo's hands were glowing slightly. Neptune took another step forward. As he did, he felt a tingling sensation in his right arm. When he looked down, it was dripping away as it seemed to be melting.

"You raped me then. And now you are going to pay for what you did." He quivered. The sight of his arm falling apart made him cringe. Aries stood up and watched as Neptune screamed aloud.

"What the duck are you doing to him? Are you in his head or something?" She turned to him distressed and angered.

"Aries, shut the fuc-"

"So that's what this is?" Suddenly Neptune stopped moving. With a flick of his right hand, water shot from his arm and slammed against Virgo's chest knocking her to the ground. "You make illusions? What a shitty waste. At least Aries used to be able to do something cool."

Aries charged Neptune in anger, throwing all of his weight into his punch. Neptune wasn't looking and the fist hit him square in the left cheek. Throwing his right arm again he stopped the fall and cart wheeled back to his feet.

"I can't believe I wasted my time with you weaklings. You aren't even worth killing." Neptune turned around and opened a portal before them and disappeared.

Aries ran over to Virgo. He picked her up and began walking with her on his shoulders.

"Come on, you lazy bum. Let's go find the others."

Cancer back stepped away from Jupiter. Watching Capricorn in action, she was amazed by the energy surrounding his body. Jupiter watched in horror as the energy around him began to wildly spin and collect in his arms.

"Prepare to be blown away." He slammed his fists together and interlocked his fingers.

"That's what you think." Jupiter smiled. Cancer looked to him amazed at his confidence. Unfortunately she noticed something strange. There was no arm on the ground. No blood or anything.

"Oh no." She turned to Capricorn. "Wait! Watch out! Somethings not right!"

Just as she finished her yelling, a fist met the side of Capricorn's head, throwing him twenty feet through the air. The energy in his arms vanished along with the sign on his forehead. The arm that had hit him was floating in the air where he had been standing. When he and Cancer looked at it, it evaporated into smoke.

"Surprised? Don't be." The arm suddenly reformed out of smoke and reconnected with Jupiter. "My ability always catches people off guard the first time. I did, after all, let you cut my arm off."

Jupiter walked forward a few steps. Just as he lifted his arms again, a portal opened behind him. Neptune stepped through to greet them.

"Jupiter. It's time. They aren't worth the trouble. We definitely were right about all of them. Let's go get Saturn." Jupiter stood up straight and looked to Neptune.

"Hmm. Maybe you're right. These punks didn't see me coming." He directed his attention to the bloodied Capricorn and partially transformed Cancer. "Sorry kids. Play time is over for today. But maybe next time we can continue where we left off."

Together, Neptune and Jupiter vanished through the portal again, leaving Cancer and Capricorn to carry themselves back home.
To be continued in
B.A. Chapter 12​

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Hmm.. not sure.

I'm sure this will be important later, but right now, it's missing something.

Still, I feel bad for the Zodiac... somehow. I'm not sure who to root for.

tdc456

Nah, it's alright. In truth, there is a reason that they aren't there. It has a lot to do with the end of the story itself. In the end, if someone isn't there it's because they either aren't supposed to be there, or it just didn't fit.

tdc456

i know it's been quite a while since I posted a chapter. Life has had me in a chokehold lately, from finding my first job, to getting my drivers license and a car. As well as 3 AP classes. But some free time has opened up again. Hopefully I can get back on schedule soon.

Andillexe

I know how you feel. There are so many things I have to do and I'm being pulled in so many directions.

Good luck with your first job and driving. =3

tdc456

I know its been about two and a half weeks since the last chapter. Luckily I acquired some free time to post a new chapter.

Cancer and Capricorn walked back the way they had come. The sun was setting slowly and they had to return to Archea soon. While walking, Aries and Virgo appeared in the distance. No one spoke. They only continued their silent march.

Brittle Apocalypse
Chapter 12: Opposites Ends of the Spectrum​

Taurus stood with his star sign glowing vibrantly on his forehead. He clenched his fists.

"What did you mean by that?" Saturn pondered Taurus' question.

"I meant exactly what I said." Taurus smiled. "What happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object? You being the force..."

Saturn cocked his head to one side, he stared stupidly at Taurus and Aquarius.

"...me being the object."

Taurus charged at Saturn just as Aquarius had done. Saturn giggled slightly.

"Are you really that stupid? Didn't you see what happened to her?" He moved back his arm and tightened his fist. "But either way, this will take much more force than it did for that bitch."

Taurus slammed his feet down into the ground before Saturn and halted completely. Saturn threw forward his arm and punched Taurus dead center in his abdomen. The skin around the impact sight twisted and spun around Saturn's fist. Then it untwisted like nothing happened. Saturn gained a look of disbelief.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" Taurus closed his massive hand on Saturn's face and slammed him down into the ground below creating a massive crater. Without letting go, he picked up Saturn again and threw him far into a tree.

Saturn turned over and began coughing up copious amounts of blood. Taurus' sign vanished from his forehead. He turned and walked over to Aquarius and slung her over his shoulder.

"You little pussy." Saturn sat up against the tree. As he stood up, Taurus turned to listen. "You and your stupid buddies don't have the power or balls to finish us off. You know exactly what happens when we die and you think you can stop us without killing us. Well you are wrong. I can't wait to see the look on your face when I prove it."

He made a portal and sprinted away into darkness. Taurus only looked at the ground and wondered if he had done the right thing in not killing him. Regardless of what the decision meant for the future, he continued walking hoping to meet with the others.

A rising sun faced Ethier. His days were now numbered. If he didn't think of something quick, the Generals would come for his head. It had been a few days since his talk with the man who had called himself "Ghost." His abilities still remained a mystery.

The man had fired a bullet through his own head and survived. Obviously the people Ethier is up against aren't human.

Just as he thought of something, a person caught his eye. For some reason, the sight of this person intrigued him.

Ethier soon spent the next hour silently trailing what looked to be a teenage boy, but something seemed off about him.

Not long after the boy had left the city limits, more people came into view in the distance. There were two of them standing together facing the boy as if to oppose him.

"Well, well..." The boy put his hands in his pockets. "...I leave for only a few hours and look what I find. Two little Zodiac bitches that got left behind."

Ethier heard the boy utter Zodiac and became suddenly much more interested.

"We sure as hell don't go under that title anymore. As well as take orders from you. Let's fucking murder him Gemini." He turned to the second man.

"Be patient, Scorpio. Let's see if we can't get anything out of him first." Gemini took a step forward to meet an icicle shooting from the ground straight at his face. He rolled to the side and stopped on one knee. "Obviously he isn't the conversational type. I'll keep that in mind. Which one are you anyway?"

"Me? I'm Pluto."

"Oh. So it won't matter if you get killed since you aren't technically a planet anymore huh?" Scorpio laughed at his own joke.

"Fuck you!!" Pluto threw his arms forward sending a storm of small ice bullets at Scorpio.

Scorpio dropped down and began spinning on his back. His rubber straps flew around him madly, blocking the bullets. Once the rain ended, he flipped back to his feet. This was quickly followed by a swift roundhouse kick which fired a bullet from each shoe.

Pluto managed to dodge one, but the other exploded through his left knee immobilizing him. Before he could react, Scorpio was holding him in place with his straps.

"Oh shit..."

"Oh shit is right." Gemini stood over him. He pulled a handgun from his pocket and placed the barrel against Pluto's forehead. "I'm tired of taking orders from you little shits. You think you can all sit up on your high chairs and give us commands like we are just puppets. Well...now who's in control?"

He pulled the trigger, forever silencing the General before him.

"One down..." Scorpio pulled in his straps.

"...eight to go." Gemini put the gun away and began to turn around.

"Excuse me..." Ethier stepped out from his hiding spot. "Did I hear all of that correctly? He was a General? And you guys used to be in the Zodiac?"

"How the hell do you know about that?" Scorpio stepped forward.

"Well a few years ago, a man tried to put me in the Zodiac..." Ethier looked from one to the other hoping to get some sort of response. "My name is Ethier. If I had joined, my name would have been Ophiuchus."

Scorpio and Gemini looked at each other surprised.

"Time to return to Leo."

The round table surrounded by chairs was empty. Its lighting always on just in case. Two portals opened and Jupiter and Neptune took their seats.

They were quickly followed by Saturn who took his seat with a bloody nose and mouth. He even had one arm in a sling.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Jupiter leaned forward.

"I met an immovable object apparently. Taurus is much more powerful than anticipated, but I've learned that they are afraid to kill us because they know of the ramifications if they do."

They sat in silence a while longer. Then another chair shook slightly. The symbol on it cracked and turned to dust.

"Oh my..." Saturn was slightly shocked.

"So Pluto is dead?" Neptune let out a sigh of disbelief.

"It would seem..." Jupiter stared at the now permanently empty chair. "...that Leo and his two minions are on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Zodiac."
To be continued in
B.A. Chapter 13​

Andillexe

Wow. So Ethier doesn't like the Generals but he's okay with the Zodiac? That part just confused me. And way to go Taurus, though I think that he should've killed Saturn.

"Oh. So it won't matter if you get killed since you aren't technically a planet anymore huh?" Scorpio laughed at his own joke.

This part made me lol. It sounds like a joke I would make. XD But I feel a bit sorry for Pluto because he's not a planet anymore and he was the first one to die.

Great chapter. And I'm looking forward to finding out what power "Ghost" has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back