• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brittle Apocalypse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I was JUST wondering where Chris was...

Due to my hiatus I'm still confused on which side is which, but nice job over all, especially with explaining everything. Could be a bit longer though.

tdc456

I wrote this chapter quite a ways back. I already have written up to chapter 25. I have them all saved on my laptop, but I had been so busy (extremely surprising for summer) that I forgot to update completely. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things.

tdc456

So my job has been keeping my tied down these past few months and I'm tired of procrastinating. My goal for this story is to finish either before the year is over or have the last chapter up on New Years Day. I'm so close I can taste so I'm about to post chapters 19-25 over the next couple of days. After that, I will try to type up each following chapter every three to four days or so.

But before I continue with anything, I believe a major re-cap is in order.

Basically, this half of the story began with the deaths of our main protagonists: Chris, Kibo, Enka, and Isaac. They fell at the hands at some of the Zodiac, an organization originally built to counter terrorism that eventually turned towards their own motives.

Leo, Scorpio, and Gemini plotted a revolt from the inside and even eliminated some of their own comrades to do so. After disposing of the heroes, they revealed that they were after the Generals. A group taking their names from the planets themselves that commanded the Zodiac not too long ago. Leo saw that if they were gone, they could finally lead normal lives again.

Upon death, the heroes found themselves in a mysterious place known as Archea. In Archea, they were reunited with the people who used to be part of the Zodiac before they died as well. An entity calling itself Nova united these two groups and told them of Leo's plan and the ramifications it promised. If Leo were to succeed in eliminating the Generals, their powers would return to space and unleash upon the universe the one who created everything. A being so powerful it has no name. Knowing that the heroes were no match as they were, Nova sent Chris, Kibo, Enka, and Isaac off on their own to train, leaving the former Zodiac to contend with the Generals and Leo, Scorpio, and Gemini.

Leo had added another member to his ranks named Ethier. He fell under a 13th and previously unknown star sign. He had once been asked to join the Zodiac by a man known as Ghost who represented Earth among the Generals.

The three sides of the battle, Leo's group, the former Zodiac, and the Generals, collided in heated battles. In the end, only the Generals suffered any casualties. Together, Gemini and Scorpio killed Pluto. Leo and Ethier managed to exterminate Mars and Ethier absorbed his blood, making Ethier the newest General. Aries single handedly took care of Mercury and removed all the metal in his body to regain what Mercury had taken from him: a postition as a General. Now every front in the war has at least one General on their side.

The Generals themselves are tired of allowing their enemies to roam as they wish and have decided once and for all to squash all their hopes in a single swoop. The remaining six have moved out and attracted all their opponents to them with a massive show of energy. The final fight to decide all their futures is upon them. On top of everything, the former Zodiac has been forced to move out without any signal from the main heroes that they are returning. And so we enter the final chapters of their apocalypse...

The Former Zodiac:
Taurus
Aries
Capricorn
Virgo
Cancer
Aquarius

The Ex-Zodiac:
Leo
Scorpio
Gemini
Ethier

The Generals:
Jupiter
Earth
Saturn
Venus
Uranus
Neptune

The Main Heroes (whereabouts currently unknown):
Chris
Kibo
Enka
Isaac

I hope this has helped prepare you for the conclusion if my story. It feels to good to have come this far with it. It will feel even greater once I can finish it. Let me know if this helped.

tdc456

On that note, it is time to get back on track. Haha
And so it begins...or ends...nevermind.

~~~~~​

The sky began to fill with dark clouds. Masses of pure darkness enveloped the sun covering the entire planet in a thick haze. Ethier walked to the window and looked outside. He couldn’t fathom the energy in the air. The Generals were combining their sheer pressure to create a signal to all of their enemies. To call them to their deaths.

Brittle Apocalypse
Chapter 19: Envoy of the End​

Buildings rose into the dark sky creating a makeshift shield from the rest of humanity. They surrounded a small courtyard. The Generals sat scattered throughout the clearing, simply waiting to snatch up their prey.

A large portal opened on a busy street. Cars swerved to avoid flying inward. Accidents occurred throughout the intersection. People stood and stared as a small group of people began to exit the portal. The Zodiac stepped through back into the human realm.

They all let out a long sigh as they readjusted to their solid bodies. Looking to each other they all thought the same thing.

This is the end. With or without the others, we have to finish this.

Leo gathered up his swords and placed them on his back for what could be the last time. Scorpio checked his shoes and tightened the straps on his arms. Gemini cracked his knuckles and waited by the door with his hands in his pockets.

Ethier walked away from the window and towards the door. He took one last look in the mirror. Taking a glance to the scar on his neck, it began to tingle slightly. He touched it gently with his right hand and continued out of the room.

The other three exited before him and together they left the building and walked down the street. Ethier watched the sky as they passed the civilians. Something feels off. This energy doesn’t belong to the Generals…but to something else entirely.

Jupiter watched the windows of the buildings surrounding them. Random faces peered down and stared unaware of what was about to happen before their very eyes.

“I can sense them.” Neptune turned to the other five. “All of them. Leo and his pack, plus the Zodiac themselves. Looks like our job just got easier.”

“Watch it, Neptune.” Saturn sat on a bench with his eyes closed. “Don’t think you can take them all on. There isn’t enough here for you to kill them all.” Neptune responded by pointing to the sky.

“Once those clouds get heavy, I’ll have enough to take out this entire city.” He let a crooked smile shine through.

“Well we wouldn’t want that now would we?” Uranus spoke for the first time in days. She sounded extremely tired for someone who was about fight. “Venus. I say we work together and trap a small group of them.”

“That sounds nice…” Venus held Uranus’ hand like a little sister. “But there is only one person I want to kill today.”

“Enough!” Jupiter stood up from his bench. His voice even shook Earth awake.

“What am I supposed to do?” Earth asked as if mocking the others and their plans.

“Well, Ghost, if you think you can take any of them, be my guest.” Jupiter seemed completely uninterested in what Earth thought. “Now all of you shut up!! They’re here.”

All six of them looked to one alleyway. After about twenty seconds, four figures emerged from the shadows.

“Would you look at that?” Jupiter nearly let himself laugh. “My own son is the very first to arrive.”

Leo glared at his father from afar. Scorpio smiled and waved to all of them to try and piss them off a little. Gemini and Ethier simply stood behind them and waited.

“Hold on…” Scorpio pointed to each General in turn as if he was counting them. “Aren’t you missing a few people?” He giggled a little.

“Oh are we?” Saturn stood up and looked around. “Would you look at that? I guess we are. Those three weaklings got themselves killed I guess.”

“But we only killed Pluto and Mars.” Gemini actually came forth a little confused. “What happened to Mercury?”

“That would be my fault.”

Everyone looked to a different alleyway. Aries stepped out grinning like a mad man. He was soon followed by the others. Leo, Scorpio, and Gemini all instantly looked dumbfounded.

“Y-y-you’re…” Leo had trouble forming words. “You’re supposed to be dead.”

Taurus stepped forward. Virgo sneered at Leo. Capricorn seemed indifferent and Cancer was a little sad to see Scorpio on the opposite side of the battle for once. Aries and Aquarius were simply waiting for some kind of movement.

“Oh really?” Taurus crossed his massive arms over his chest. “Dead? Well we aren’t. Good luck trying to get rid of us all.”

“Oh, I think I’ll have no trouble with that at all.” Leo gripped one of his swords.

“I say that’s enough.” Jupiter’s voice carried over the courtyard and seemed to shake everyone into focus. “Let’s get to what we came here for.”

“I’ll see you kiddies on the flipside.” Neptune took one leap and reached over the buildings surrounding them. He disappeared from view instantly.

“I got that one!!” Aquarius jumped onto Taurus’ shoulder. He gave her one good toss and she vanished right behind Neptune.

The others stood quietly for a little while. Saturn began to walk away slowly into one of the buildings nearby.

“My turn for a little action.” Scorpio walked after him at just the same pace.

Leo still stared at Taurus in disbelief.

“You do realize you’re helping us right?” Leo was expecting a clever remark in return.

“Don’t think for a second that we are after only the Generals.” Taurus looked over to Jupiter. “I guess, simply put, we’re trying to save the world.”

Leo couldn’t help but laugh. His eyes welled up with tears from his laughter. Virgo glared deeply at him.

“Don’t you get it?!” She began screaming at Leo in an attempt to change his mind. “You really don’t know a damn thing do you?!”

“Shut your trap, you stupid bitch!!” Leo unsheathed one of his swords. He extended his arm pointing the tip straight at Virgo’s head. “I’m going to have to kill you yet again. This time I’ll make sure you stay dead.”

“Sorry.” Uranus and Venus leapt forward. “This one is for us.”

As they dashed past, Venus grabbed Virgo by the hair and began to drag her off down the alleyway again. Cancer in distress began to run after her.

Taurus, Capricorn, and Aries stood together against Leo, Gemini, and Ethier. Jupiter and Earth stood by simply watching.

“Simply because I know what Leo wants out of this…” Taurus grabbed Capricorn’s shoulder. He nodded and turned towards Jupiter. “We are going to take you on.”

Jupiter opened his arms wide as if accepting the challenge like a gentleman. Leo rushed forward in anger. He swung his blade at Taurus from behind. The blade collided with Aries’ steel arm.

“Sorry.” Aries smiled. “You’ve got another thing coming.”

To be continued in
B.A. Chapter 20​

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Er, I'm still confused on who is doing what, but a nice set up. I hope we're going back to Chris and Co soon.

tdc456

Each side wants to basically kill everyone else. Only for different reasons.

The Generals just want to be left alone completely. They are essentially fighting out of self defense.

Leo and his group are fighting for freedom from their system. None of them know that if the Generals are all killed, the entity that made the universe will be unleashed to take over everything.

The Zodiac is simply out to stop Leo because they don't all want to die thanks to some super powerful omniscient being.

tdc456

It's been over a year since I've posted here, but I've still been writing this whole time. Slowly, but it's something. I actually have 8 chapters I never posted and I feel really bad about it. I wonder if anyone is still interested in seeing this end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back