• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brittle Apocalypse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdc456

Re: Savage Stars

You are close. Its actually lava and magma in general. Mostly because the surface of Mars is scattered with volcanos.

Quick note, I know that the title has been set, but I never intended this to be the final title. It was simply a working title so I'm changing the name of the thread and story. Just thought I would let you know.

Last edited:

tdc456

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scorpio brought out a small plate with bandages and first aid supplies on it. Leo took one look at the plate and then look at his chest. He felt the pain of his shattered ribs. He gave Scorpio a look that made him realize that bandages were pointless. Leo placed his right hand on his chest is began to glow and his pain slowly drifted away as his ribs reconnected themselves again.

Brittle Apocalypse
Chapter 8: The Generals​

A massive circular table sat in the center of the room. Around it, perfectly spaced apart, were nine chairs. There were no doors in or out and no windows. Only a large circular fluorescent light in the ceiling.

Behind one chair, the wall seemed to open up and make a doorway. Out of the wall materialized a man. He walked to a chair and took a seat. This man was Jupiter. His orange eyes were brightened by the light. Jupiter rested his large arms on the wooden table and leaned forward.

"I heard that you ran into my son out there."

The wall across from him opened just like before and Mars entered the room. He took his seat as well and threw his legs up onto the table and leaned back in his chair.

"Yeah I did. He wasn't anything special. Surprised that he couldn't even keep up with me, though. I had assumed that being your son would make him stronger." Mars smirked and giggled ever so slightly.

"You watch your mouth. I have half a mind to pop your fucking head right now. Now shut up and lets wait for the others to show up." Jupiter crossed his arms and sat straight in his seat.

Leo crossed the room in half a second. He took a seat and felt his ribs again. There seemed to be no problems again. Gemini smiled at Leo's recovery.

"I see your speed is still exactly what it used to be." He watched Scorpio enter the room again. "What do you think?"

"Are you stupid?" Scorpio walked over to Leo and put a hand on his shoulder. "We all know that isn't what his power really is. He only makes it look like he has super speed."

"Enough both of you." Leo brushed Scorpio's hand away. "Jupiter told us that we wouldn't be able to take them. He was right. Mars nearly killed me with that one hit to the chest. If I hadn't altered his speed a little, he would have destroyed me. Apparently his power has something to do with lava. It's almost as if he summoned it from the planet's core itself."

"Holy shit." Gemini leaned forward putting his elbows on his knees. "He can do that? If that's just a sample of what he can do, then I don't want to know what the others' powers are like."

"Well, unfortunately," Scorpio took a seat next to Gemini, "we are going to find out at some point. Let's hope that we can handle it."

"Look..." Leo stood up and stared at the floor. "The only way we will be able to take on these Generals is with our Sign Powers. Only the strength we were given at birth can destroy them."

He looked at his hands and then to Scorpio and Gemini. They both tried to give him reassuring looks.

Jupiter and Mars sat in silence for a minute. Then the wall opened again behind three other chairs. From one came a girl with cold bright blue eyes. She took a seat one down from Jupiter.

"Hello Uranus." Mars gave a mocking greeting. Jupiter scoffed at him.

"Greetings you two. Still at each other's throats?"

"Anger control isn't one of his stronger points." Jupiter gestured towards Mars. He replied with a glare. Then another man interjected.

"I'll agree with you there. But, at least he doesn't have a soft spot for your son, Jupiter." The man's pale yellow eyes lit up. He sat down in between Jupiter and Uranus.

"I'm sorry, Saturn. I didn't realize that you even cared about our little squabbles." Jupiter seemed to flex his insane biceps as he threatened Saturn with his gaze.

"As far as I'm concerned, you are all a bunch of hot heads." Off closer to Mars, a smaller girl took a seat. Her eyes were a light tan color. They all gave her a gaze that was surprisingly filled with adoration and love.

"Hows it going, Venus?" Mars leaned to his left to speak with her.

"Pretty good. Mercury has been acting retarded again." She looked at the seat next her. Behind it the wall opened up and a boy about her age stumbled through and fell. His forehead smashed into the edge of the table and it broke the table. He stood up fast laughing.

"Wow." Mercury took his seat. "That was stupid...and AWESOME." His tan colored eyes, matching Venus, filled with excitement. He began laughing at his own entry.

"Jesus, dude. You can be such a retard sometimes." Saturn stared at the boy scolding his rowdy behavior.

"So who is left?" Uranus spoke up again bringing everyone to attention.

They looked at three empty chairs. Jupiter recalled them in his mind. Neptune and Pluto. Almost as if on cue, the two entered the room. Pluto's icy gray eyes and Neptune's ocean blue eyes brought a bright multicolored contrast to the eyes already in the room. Taking their seats, they began their meeting.

"What about him?" All eight people in the room looked to the empty seat between Mars and Venus. Their thoughts collectively hated the one person missing at the time.

"Don't bother. He isn't coming. Like always." Jupiter slammed a fist on the table. The wood splintered under his arm. "This is just one thing that led to his fitting nickname."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be continued in
B.A. Chapter 9​

Andillexe

Yay! Pluto's a planet again. This makes me happier than it should.

Anyhow, I like how all the planets came together, but what's Earth doing? And why do the other planets hate him? And what's his nickname?

Also, what are the Zodiac's Sign Powers? And where are Chris and those members?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

tdc456

Yay! Pluto's a planet again. This makes me happier than it should.

Well its funny you should say that. Later the other Generals start making jokes about how Pluto isnt considered a planet anymore.

Anyhow, I like how all the planets came together, but what's Earth doing? And why do the other planets hate him? And what's his nickname?

You will see what he is up to in the next chapter. As far as his nickname, that will all make sense in time.

Also, what are the Zodiac's Sign Powers? And where are Chris and those members?

Their powers are a mystery still. Its basically their true ability that links dircetly to their sign. Chris, Isaac, Enka, and Kibo are in the perpendicular universe training.

Andillexe

Well its funny you should say that. Later the other Generals start making jokes about how Pluto isnt considered a planet anymore.

Pluto's off crying in a corner right now.

You will see what he is up to in the next chapter. As far as his nickname, that will all make sense in time.

You have a way of making my curiosity hate you.

Their powers are a mystery still. Its basically their true ability that links dircetly to their sign. Chris, Isaac, Enka, and Kibo are in the perpendicular universe training.

Please tell me that we're not going to find out during, like, the last few chapters far into the future.

tdc456

Im sure that you will discover most of them long before the story reaches the end. This is going to be a little longer than Brittle Bullet. That's for sure.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
Honestly I like the name change makes more sense. I am pretty sure I have a good guess on Plutos power(Curse you who ever called pluto a rock) and for that matter Saturns to.

The others I am sure will very much surprise me.

tdc456

Please tell me what you think Saturn's powers and Pluto's powers are. I would love to see your guess.

I've made a funny list of nicnames/titles for each General. Their nicknames/titles have something to do with their powers. Let's see if you can figure them out.

Mercury- Tough Skull
Venus- Vertical Witch
Earth- Ghost
Mars- Core Energy
Jupiter- Power Filled Sky
Saturn- Spiral
Uranus- Topsy Turvy
Neptune- Crushing Tide
Pluto- Cold Hearted

Now I have made most of them purposely complicated and coded so that they are hard to even comprehend. But these will make so much sense when the rest of the fights begin to unfold.

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
I shall be fair and tell you my guesses Plutos most likely has to deal with ice hence its very very cold temperature and Saturn is going to have to do soming with reality I think anyways.

Andillexe

Pluto's power might be the ability to freeze anything in sight he wants. Saturn is... tornadoes? Or maybe it has something to do with rings....

And Earth's nickname is Ghost? What's that supposed to mean?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
YOu need to work on dialogue and descriptions, but good otherwise. Is there some kind of life draining thing if they use their sign powers?

So, Leo alters time?

And Mercury is Demyx?

tdc456

Yes that was a reference to Demyx. But I actually based Mercury's personality off of a close friend of mine. He is a perfect opposite once he starts a fight.

And both of you are way off with Saturn's power.

Plus the dialogue and description for me was a little lacking. But with me and description, it's a love-hate relationship. I really only use what's necessary.

tdc456

Sorry about the lack of a chapter. I've been swamped with writing essays for AP Lit and studying for my finals. I promise you that I will release a new chapter later this week. Whether it's on Wednesday or Thursday, I don't know yet. Thank you for being patient.

tdc456

I actually managed to get this chapter up when I planned to. School lately has just finally lightened up right before winter break next week. Hopefully I'll get a lot of writing time then.

Ethier left his house, locking the front door behind him. He walked the sidewalk slowly until he had passed that edge of town and then kept walking. These early morning walks gave him a great chance to think about everything going on lately. This morning would have been exactly the same, except that when he passed his favorite tree, a strange door opened in the open air and a man stepped out to face him.

Brittle Apocalypse
Chapter 9: Contact​

The morning fog didn't impede on Ethier's sense of sight. He recognized this hollow eyed man that had tried to convince to join the Zodiac some years ago. Something was different about him. He seemed to have a much more oppressive aura than before. Then he turned to face him. Instead of the old colorless, hollow eyes, his eyes were a beautiful mix of green and ocean blue.

"Long time no see." Ethier greeted the man before he had the chance to say anything that would anger him.

"Indeed." He was silent yet again. Ethier looked at him for a second or two and then tried to probe for answers.

"Ever get that 'promotion' you were talking about last time you came to see me?" He watched the man for any signs that he could play off of.

"Yes. I did receive an increase in my rank. Although nothing changed except for my eye color. They now match the planet I represent."

"Ah. I can see that. So planets are a step up from constellations? Interesting organization, this Zodiac." Ethier smiled in an evil smirk. He tried to provoke the man.

"I'm no longer from the Zodiac. They now must follow my orders. Recently, they were all killed and now survivors are attempting a rebellion against us. I skipped out on the meeting that was supposed to take place today."

"So what planet is it that you are going by now?" Ethier seemed more and more interested as the man spoke.

"Earth." He looked directly into Ethier's eyes. "The others think my rank was achieved unfairly and don't 'privilege' me with that name. They have coined a derogatory nickname for me based solely on my abilities...Ghost."

Now Ethier was almost frightened by the way Ghost spoke to him. They seemed to be having some sort of mental confrontation as they stood in silence.

"So does that mean you are going to die first?" Ethier laughed at himself.

Ghost slowly removed a hand gun from his pants pocket. He raised it to his temple and cocked it. Ethier stumbled back surprised. He pulled the trigger. A large noise erupted from the gun and the tree to his left exploded from the impact of the bullet.

"If I was meant to die..." Ghost put the gun away again and looked to the tree. The bullet was stuck deep in the bark. "I would have died sometime ago. Now here is my advice to you, either join me and help squash the threat...or stay the hell out of our way."

Ghost stepped back through his strange portal and vanished from the cold morning forest. Ethier watched the portal close and stood in quiet reflection. The sun rose over the hills to the east and illuminated him and his path. He simply turned around and walked back home.

Capricorn and Cancer were running together through an open countryside. They had been running for hours now and hadn't found anything. The clouds moved slowly through the sky. It was a beautiful day, but there was no time to appreciate the peace. Cancer stopped running and looked around confused. Capricorn turned around and walked to her side.

"Something wrong, Cancer?" He looked behind her to make sure they weren't being followed.

"I don't know. All of a sudden I feel a very strong aura. It's weird because it wasn't here just a second ago and it's almost choking me." She moved aside her pink hair to hear better. Nothing was making any noise except for the wind through the tall grasses.

"Let me scan the area." Capricorn placed his index and middle fingers on his temples and closed his eyes. A strange wave of energy shot out in a perfect circle from his head. Quickly followed by another. He scanned for a good two minutes. "I've got nothing."

"Wait..." Cancer grabbed his shoulder. "It's getting closer."

Capricorn looked around and then up towards the sky. One cloud seemed to much closer than the others. It's shape changed slightly as if it was budding off like a potato. One large piece of the cloud broke off and began falling rapidly at the ground. Its shape resembled a drop of water.

The piece of cloud kept falling. As its speed increased, small fragments broke away and revealed that a person was falling from the sky. Finally he landed heavily, feet first, and created a small crater with his landing. The man stood up straight revealing his massive body that seemed to be a wall of muscle.

"Holy shit..." Capricorn looked upon the man in fear. "He's got to be at least three times bigger than Taurus." The man caught what he said and smiled.

"HAHAHAHA!!" Jupiter pounded his right hand as a fist into the palm of his left hand. "Long time, guys. I hope you can old your own against a General, little kiddies."

The trees were knit closely to each other in the forest. Taurus and Aquarius moved quickly among all of the low branches and tall bushes. They soon reached a clearing. It had to be at least 10 acres wide. For some strange reason, the trees seemed to not want to grow in this area.

Taurus looked at Aquarius and nodded. He reached into his back pocket and threw what looked like a grenade down into the grass behind them. It opened up and a small satellite dish began scanning the skies.

Roughly forty feet away, a portal opened and someone stepped out of it. Aquarius almost couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Well, well. I knew that one of you would come to feel us out, but who would have thought it would have been you, Saturn." She put her hands in her back pockets almost casually.

Saturn turned and greeted the two with a big smile.

"Neither did I. I simply followed the biggest of the three power signals we detected. You all ought to learn how to hide your auras." He looked from Aquarius to Taurus and smirked in confidence. Taurus began to get angry at how nonchalantly he reacted to everything.

"Now, shall we begin?" Saturn raised his right hand and a quarter was balanced on the tip of his index finger. Without a single touch, it began spinning perfectly on the tip of his finger.

Virgo walked confidently while being followed by a still reluctant Aries.

"I really don't like you." He had spent the entire time trying to insult and anger her.

"Oh believe me, I know." She giggled at his childish attempts to make her mad. "Just watch out for a power surge in the area okay?"

"Fine." He sighed and kept walking.

They got stuck taking the barren part of the search. The area around them was nothing but pseudo desert. Dirt covered in very patchy grass and cacti. Aries stopped walking to admire a lizard running through random ditches. Just as he knelt to pick it up, a foot stepped into view.

"Despite the lack of water, it's still beautiful out here isn't it?" Aries jumped back and his eyes met Neptune.

"Finally we get some action."

"What was that?" Virgo turned around. She saw Neptune and squinted in hatred. Come on, she thought. It had to be this tool?

"Hey baby. Miss me?" He smiled broadly.

"Not at all. I was fine without seeing you." She stood next to Aries in order to solidify her opposition.

"Aw that hurts. You're still ravishing as always. And those tits are in top form." Neptune smiled again just in time for his face to meet the palm of Virgo's hand. Her slap echoed through the empty wasteland. Neptune looked up, faced filled with rage.

"Fine. If that's how you want it, then your deaths will just have to teach you a lesson."
To be continued in
B.A. Chapter 10​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back