• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bravely Default - "coming to a 2ds near you"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
A friend of mine is doing a Level 1 HARD mode playthrough. Has yet to earn any EXP or JP or pg (from battles). Last I heard he got to Chapter 5.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Wow ok so diddly Agnes seriously. Her character is so bland and boring and she just cries all the time or gets mad at Edea who is 235342x her superior as a character.

Im only on chapter 3 but hopefully agnes dies at the end lmao

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The game is currently listed on Amazon for $32 for those who haven't picked up a copy yet. By the way, how far is everyone in the game now?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I found out that the US version of the game is an updated version that doesn't take as long to complete as the original. So how long did it take you guys to do everything in the US version?

It varies. Honestly, I know that doesn't seem like much of an answer, but ultimately, it's up to the player how much time they spend. Both Japan and the U.S versions have the same content, aside from some costumes and other special items. I have friends who spent over 100 hours just on one play through. Others spend roughly ~80 hours to complete the game.

Just an awesome perspective of how much time was played by some of KHinsider's members:
Mirby: 57 hours and 23 minutes.
Zephyr: 87 hours and 27 minutes.
Master Spockanort: 35 hours and 24 minutes.
Space Cowboy: 81 hours and 43 minutes.
Recon: 52 hours and 58 minutes

Not all have completed the game, but should explain typically how much time can be spent playing the game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Roughly about 70-80+ hours is a good estimate I believe. Ahh I wish I didn't killed off my Early Spring; Teddy nemesis because apparently you can get a possible 3 unearthly buns from that fight.

[video=youtube;hiebKGj3FCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiebKGj3FCw[/video]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Could someone help me?

I`m almost finished with chapter 2 but I`m stuck on the boss, Rusalka. Can someone who is past the second chapter tell me how to beat him? Thanks.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Can someone who is past the second chapter tell me how to beat her? Thanks.

According to the game.

When the fight starts, try inflicting Poison on her. When she splits into four after using Seep, the poison effect will stay with the real figure and won't be passed down to the other three mirages. In addition to Defaulting, equip ice-resistant gears to further reduce damage from Seep, since in this game water and ice are considered a single element.

Otherwise, use Freelancer's Examine before she splits. You can then keep track on the real figure by looking at the enemy info box because her current / full HP will always be displayed; not so with the mirages.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Also if you can get more than one rebuff locket that helps not getting charmed, if you have a move that can reduces stats then you can also use that instead of examine to have a slot for a different job. Each clone has about 2000 hp so if you make sure you have enough BP and unleash some crescent moons with the acrobatics job this will then bring it back to the original and then inflict as much damage as possible when in about 2-3 turns start to store BP so that after it uses dark flow you can have your white mage heal and the rest of you party unload 6 crescent moons to once again eliminate the clones before they eliminate you

Your party should be at least lv 25 and if you don't have the acrobatics job do the sub-scenario in florem until you do

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Also if you can get more than one rebuff locket that helps not getting charmed, if you have a move that can reduces stats then you can also use that instead of examine to have a slot for a different job. Each clone has about 2000 hp so if you make sure you have enough BP and unleash some crescent moons with the acrobatics job this will then bring it back to the original and then inflict as much damage as possible when in about 2-3 turns start to store BP so that after it uses dark flow you can have your white mage heal and the rest of you party unload 6 crescent moons to once again eliminate the clones before they eliminate you

Your party should be at least lv 25 and if you don't have the acrobatics job do the sub-scenario in florem until you do

What`s the sub scenario in Florem? How do I do it?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Go to Florem at nighttime. After you've watched the event that will take place, head north of Florem to a dungeon called Witherwoods and go all the way to the interiors of the dungeon. There, you'll come across Einheria, a Valkyrie, from whom you can get your Valkyrie asterisk.

While you're at it, probably you might want to nab the Summoner and Ranger asterisks as well. Mephilia the Summoner can be fought in Florem Gardens northwest of Florem, while Artemia the Ranger, at a solitary tree northeast of the city.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Okay, so I beat Rusalka thanks to your guy`s tips. But now I`m stuck on the boss in the Fire Temple, Chaugmar. LOL

Any tips?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's more straightforward, only you can only deal a single point of damage when its barrier is active. You can't do anything about that, so save your best attacks for when the barrier dissipates; that's when you should unload. Be careful not to get too carried away, though, because it will unleash the powerful Energy Burst to make up for its reduced defence at that period.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Actually when the barrier is up, I believe Thunder attacks deal regular damage.

When the barrier goes down, it'll use Energy Burst the turn after that, so default and you shooould be able to stand it.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Got this for Easter and after 12+ hours of this I need some advice from you guys concerning my team right now.
Right now my current team composition is:

Pirate (Kind of iffy with this, since I like the comforting tankiness the Knight provides)/Knight
Spell Duellist/Ranger (Planning on training this)
White Mage/Summoner (I need to go out and find the other Summons soon)
Black Mage/Time Mage (Planning on training this so I can have level 3 Time magic)

At the moment I'm going alright, nearly lost to the Automaton boss, but spamming Brave ending up saving the day.
So, do you guys recommend anything for my team right now? I'm planning on grinding tomorrow so whatever you guys suggest I can get done :D

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Got this for Easter and after 12+ hours of this I need some advice from you guys concerning my team right now.
Right now my current team composition is:

Pirate (Kind of iffy with this, since I like the comforting tankiness the Knight provides)/Knight
Spell Duellist/Ranger (Planning on training this)
White Mage/Summoner (I need to go out and find the other Summons soon)
Black Mage/Time Mage (Planning on training this so I can have level 3 Time magic)

At the moment I'm going alright, nearly lost to the Automaton boss, but spamming Brave ending up saving the day.
So, do you guys recommend anything for my team right now? I'm planning on grinding tomorrow so whatever you guys suggest I can get done :D

You have a good team so far. I didn't really use the Pirate job so much. However, when you master the job, you get Amped Strike, which deals 400% damage. Way better than Double Damage.

As you progress through the game, you may find yourself changing up your team's jobs and abilities based on difficulty. Don't hesitate either, as this game can be quite difficult and tricky in the coming chapters of the game. The game will become quite a challenge if you don't change your party's jobs and abilities eventually.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Chapter 8 has been kicking my ass.

I fought the Sky Knights. Only managed to knock Heinkel down before Ominas destroyed me.

Fought the Bloodrose Legion. Once again, group cast magic knocked me down.

At least I managed to defeat Orthros : |

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Fought the Bloodrose Legion. Once again, group cast magic knocked me down.

Basically DeRosa's multicast, Mephilia's summons, and and Artemia's Multiburst, which gets dangerous as the number of surviving party members dwindles, are what made me lost the drive to clear the blue quest marks. Good thing they are optional, although that really didn't go well with my inner completionist.

Here I thought the three-man teams in chapter 7 were bad, but oh no. The boss battles actually got even harder to an almost ridiculous degree in chapter 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back