• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Atheism vs. Religion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Only in the Bible, which is a religious text, therefore, unreliable.

文偉立

newb programmer
Phoenix said:
Only in the Bible, which is a religious text, therefore, unreliable.

Our textbooks state him to had been a factual person. Though it never states that Jesus' ways were correct, they do comment him to had been existent.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Your textbook may state that, but there is no evidence of his existence in any documentation of when supposed was alive. That's part of the reason why we have so many doubts. Other religious figures mentioned in the last few posts were recorded in secular documentation and records during their lifetimes. Other civilizations had contact with with the first Buddha, but Jesus is only recorded in Judeo-Christian text.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Again, about textbooks- you have to remember that the Church has been a very influential pressure group for nearly two thousand years now.

文偉立

newb programmer
Thankfully, the textbooks do not state that Jesus' beliefs were real, which I would find to be quite conflicting if it did. What can I say about my religious disbelief which could conflict with "history"? Those are my two cents.

E

Eclipse

Do you really think that everything around us? the world, the universe every living thing so complicated yet so perfectly arranged, was just blown up into existence? There is more proof around us than you think that the Bible is real. The Dead sea scrolls? The history in Jerusalem? I'm a Christian, but I'm just stating what i think. And the Bible does state that There is one god, one way. The trinity, the father, son, and holy spirit. all God.

文偉立

newb programmer
TwilightSoulKey said:
Do you really think that everything around us? the world, the universe every living thing so complicated yet so perfectly arranged, was just blown up into existence? There is more proof around us than you think that the Bible is real. The Dead sea scrolls? The history in Jerusalem? I'm a Christian, but I'm just stating what i think. And the Bible does state that There is one god, one way. The trinity, the father, son, and holy spirit. all God.

And where does "God" come in? Where does "God" just magically create all this?

E

Eclipse

You can't see the air, but it's there. I can't see you right now. but i know you're there. In the Bible it says that God is so pure...he can't show himself completely. On a mountain he showed Moses a split second of a tiny bit of his afterglow..and moses' face shown for days. There were over a 1000 witnesses that Jesus arose from the dead. Moses is history..actual fact. So is Jesus.

文偉立

newb programmer
TwilightSoulKey said:
You can't see the air, but it's there. I can't see you right now. but i know you're there.

Hasn't science taught us what "air" is? Oxygen, Carbon dioxide, Sulfate gas and even Carbon Monoxide. How do we tell? Scientific methods. What can we use to prove god exists? We have used air travel to reach the clouds and telescopes to see the deepest parts of space but where is god?

In the Bible it says that God is so pure...he can't show himself completely. On a mountain he showed Moses a split second of a tiny bit of his afterglow..and moses' face shown for days. There were over a 1000 witnesses that Jesus arose from the dead. Moses is history..actual fact. So is Jesus.

I do not entirely agree on that. Listening to these is like telling me something of the impossible was true. I wouldn't badmouth jesus but for most modern religion, there was a figure of the past who had to step up and sacrifice much. If I were to say I were god himself and protest against society, what are the odds people in later generations won't worship me?

E

Eclipse

Just because god is not visible does not mean he is not there. There is evidence from everywhere of things happening. Hurricane Katrina..you realize that New Orleans is one of the mose sinful cities in the U.S., Marty Graw?

you wouldn't have proof if you said you were god. Jesus did miracles, there are witnesses of that, made water into wine, fed thousands of people in a crowd with one fish and a loaf of bread. He rose from the dead. Can you do that? He drove demons out. He tought. He never did any wrong. Can you do that?

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Why is it that you're either atheist, or a religious freak?

There's actually three types, Way of life, Atheisim, and Religion. Religion is the belief of a higher power, note: Belief, meaning no proof other than really old men that wear stupid hats.

Atheism is almost as freaky as religion. Only, they're absolutley obsessed with saying no higher power exists, so in a sense, they're basically religious people, only they say that a higher doesn't exist.

Then, there's the way of life, which is a type of philosophy that doesn't concentrate on higher powers, but simply living out your life the way you want. (cough)buddhisim(cough).

E

Eclipse

technically christianity isn't religion

it's a relationship with God. It's a relationship, a friendship.

I'm not religious, i'm not into 5000 gods.

文偉立

newb programmer
Just because god is not visible does not mean he is not there. There is evidence from everywhere of things happening. Hurricane Katrina..you realize that New Orleans is one of the mose sinful cities in the U.S., Marty Graw?[/quote]

Then why isn't Germany burnt to the ground? Why isn't Japan? Why isn't America? Why isn't China? We all commit these "sins" but not all of us get these "just deserts"

you wouldn't have proof if you said you were god. Jesus did miracles, there are witnesses of that, made water into wine, fed thousands of people in a crowd with one fish and a loaf of bread. He rose from the dead. Can you do that? He drove demons out. He tought. He never did any wrong. Can you do that?

What disbelief I have in these supernatural phenomena in the hand of a single person, born from a virgin.

S0D said:
There's actually three types, Way of life, Atheisim, and Religion. Religion is the belief of a higher power, note: Belief, meaning no proof other than really old men that wear stupid hats.

You forgot agnostic

SOD said:
Then, there's the way of life, which is a type of philosophy that doesn't concentrate on higher powers, but simply living out your life the way you want. (cough)buddhisim(cough).

AKA SCIENCE

E

Eclipse

Everyone will get their just punishment. When they die, do they know where they are going to go? Judgement day will come. the bible says, everything from the living to the dead will be judged. everything you did will be judged. God has reasons for why things happen, and everything happens according to his will.

Jesus was born from a virgin, because in the bible it says that jesus was to be the son of god. the holy spirit came upon her and made her barren with child. Because of that he was born..the son of god. it's what i believe. i believe in the bible

文偉立

newb programmer
TwilightSoulKey said:
Everyone will get their just punishment. When they die, do they know where they are going to go? Judgement day will come. the bible says, everything from the living to the dead will be judged. everything you did will be judged. God has reasons for why things happen, and everything happens according to his will.

"Hell is a devilish place."
"Prove where hell is"
"It's deep in the ground"
"How deep?"
"Very"

Hell, Heaven, I doubt in their existences.

Jesus was born from a virgin, because in the bible it says that jesus was to be the son of god. the holy spirit came upon her and made her barren with child. Because of that he was born..the son of god. it's what i believe. i believe in the bible

Jesus claimed himself the be the son of god. As did every monarch claimed Divine Right.

E

Eclipse

How many of the people who claimed they were the son of god, did miracles, brought the dead to life. Rose from the dead? Jesus never sinned..never did wrong. He was the son of god. and there were witnesses all over to the miracles he did.

Hell and heaven are indeed a real place you may think it's just a lie. But do you know which one you are going to when you die?

文偉立

newb programmer
TwilightSoulKey said:
How many of the people who claimed they were the son of god,
You're right, the monarchies didn't claim to be the son of god...they claimed to be god.
did miracles,
They claimed they were miraclemakers
brought the dead to life. Rose from the dead?
That is the most not credible information I can sum up.
Jesus never sinned..never did wrong. He was the son of god. and there were witnesses all over to the miracles he did.
You're quoting this from a story two millenia old.
Hell and heaven are indeed a real place you may think it's just a lie. But do you know which one you are going to when you die?
What makes you assume you don't just sit? Science has taught us humans are mammals, therefore are animals and therefore just similar in natural processes of all other beings. Pets do not go to heaven. They "sin". We claim to be the dominant species but you've heard of modern day primeapes actually with the capabilities to speak and converse though not in complete speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back