• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Atheism vs. Religion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
violent_anger said:
i thought mary got sick, then again, i dont remember. but it probably ahd to do the the whole bloody mary thing too

Sick? Elizabeth was her successor. The setted government was afraid of an heir to the throne who'd constrict the nation to Orthodox belief. Hence, Elizabeth was uprooted.

Marluxia Diablos

Ugh! None of this matters! Debates are set up in order to be resolved! This is pointless! This is arguing for the sake of argument. Phoenix, maybe there are not that many cold hard facts about Jesus's existance, or Mohammed, or whatever! The fact remains that people practice religion based on faith! Living life, and then believing that when you die, that is the end... It just seems so bleak!

So, in the end, this so-called Atheism vs. Religion thread is never ending. It is worthless to try and compete with facts, but trying to disprove something that people have poured their lives into is just... wrong. Maybe we are deluding ourselves, but at least we are happy and content with our lives! I'm not trying to get you to convert or anything, just... beleive in something! The profound underlying message of Christianity or whatever is love and salvation. Atheism just seems so pointless, believing that you don't beleive in a greater existance or life after death. If you don't want to beleive in anything, fine I won't stop you. I will, however, not put up with denying faiths.

I know that you are probably going to skim this over, come up with some witty or smart thing to say, that will probably be true in some respect, then you'll be satisfied in saying that you "pwned" me. But sometime, when you don't have anything else to think about, asses how happy you really are. having a religion is a gift and a curse, but not beleiving at all is just... pitiful.

文偉立

newb programmer
Last post was on March 4th, 2006.
This is on March 23rd. Why must you be so hostile to a nigh-abandoned thread?

Marluxia Diablos said:
Ugh! None of this matters! Debates are set up in order to be resolved! This is pointless! This is arguing for the sake of argument.

Clearly, you don't watch enough of Political debates enough to see our country's greatest men quarrell like children.

Phoenix, maybe there are not that many cold hard facts about Jesus's existance, or Mohammed, or whatever! The fact remains that people practice religion based on faith! Living life, and then believing that when you die, that is the end... It just seems so bleak!

Then we'd lie to ourselves? Prove that we are given salvation after life and not merely imagining a plane of eternal salvation.

So, in the end, this so-called Atheism vs. Religion thread is never ending. It is worthless to try and compete with facts, but trying to disprove something that people have poured their lives into is just... wrong. Maybe we are deluding ourselves, but at least we are happy and content with our lives! I'm not trying to get you to convert or anything, just... beleive in something! The profound underlying message of Christianity or whatever is love and salvation. Atheism just seems so pointless, believing that you don't beleive in a greater existance or life after death. If you don't want to beleive in anything, fine I won't stop you. I will, however, not put up with denying faiths.

We're not here to convert. We're here to discuss. This thread was made as a general thread to link all Atheism vs Religion discussion in a nutshell.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Ugh! None of this matters!

Then leave.

Debates are set up in order to be resolved! This is pointless! This is arguing for the sake of argument. Phoenix, maybe there are not that many cold hard facts about Jesus's existance, or Mohammed, or whatever! The fact remains that people practice religion based on faith! Living life, and then believing that when you die, that is the end... It just seems so bleak!

I'd rather have the truth than lie to myself.

My heart's breaking for you. If you don't like it, don't come to Intel, because that is exactly what we do here.

I know that you are probably going to skim this over, come up with some witty or smart thing to say, that will probably be true in some respect, then you'll be satisfied in saying that you "pwned" me. But sometime, when you don't have anything else to think about, asses how happy you really are. having a religion is a gift and a curse, but not beleiving at all is just... pitiful.

What's pitiful is you coming to Intel and expect us to stop talking about intelligent things. Oh, and believing that the right thing to do is to dellude ourselves is fairly pitiful too.

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke
This is all I have to say about "God"

"God is a kind of theurapeutic device designed to give emotional aid and comfort to man. this supports the myth that avergae man is emotionally invapable of facing facts."

文偉立

newb programmer
violent_anger said:
hey pho, i heard soemthing a while ago. you say we came from the big bang, then could websters dictionary form if a print shop exploded?

God intended to create us then? Funny, he creates a race of flawed creations on purpose.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
violent_anger said:
hey pho, i heard soemthing a while ago. you say we came from the big bang, then could websters dictionary form if a print shop exploded?

What...the...****? Was that supposed to be some sort of obscure non-sequitor joke? You fail...hard.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Please, va, show us where the Big Bang theory says that the Big Bang created perfectly organized information.

Mezagon

In my opinion, im not sure if im leaning more toward the atheist, or just undecided.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Meh I'm a full blown atheist but I am slightly spiritual.
Don't just assume I'll try and shove my beliefs down your throat ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back