• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ASHE THINKS YOU SUCK.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illumina

Website
ff-illumina.net
http://www.ff-illumina.net/art/user/1/Ashesaysyousuck.jpg

It's been too long since I've drawn the lovely Ashe. :lol: In preparation for some ultra-in-depth studying for FFi's Character Study series, I thought drawing her again would be a wise thing to do.

I gave her an interesting expression ( :p ) to add a little personality to the picture. This is a new style that I'm currently experimenting with, and I can see a few more works done with this technique before I move on to something else. It's great for expressive faces and simple contours, but I found myself having a little trouble when it came to more complex shapes like hands, so admittedly it's a bit messier than I had originally intended. Messy is fun, though, so I may try going in that direction in the future.

I originally had a reference for the overall pose, but deviated from that quickly. The arms and shoulders were done completely from memory, in case they look a little off (my "artist's eye" hasn't worn off yet, so I don't see much wrong with it).

Comments and criticism appreciated!

And if you want to this in better context: propaganda

Last edited:

Illumina

Website
ff-illumina.net
Oh you mean the pursed, pouting lips? It's supposed to be like that. she's hiding behind a book for Christ's sakes :p

Thanks for the comment :)

Vicodin

relative power
No. It's for hand drawn shit, basically. Personally, I think they're named wrong.
Digital Media, imo, should be Graphic Design (it was graphics before, but yeah), and Traditional Media could be changed simply into art. But yeah. If you read the descriptions of the stuff, it should be noticeable, and if you look at what some people post, there's digital stuff in there.

Digital Media is most reserved for like, signatures and videos and stuff.

Anyways yeah, done posting here now. Straying off topic.

T

Tyler Durden

That is absolutely amazing. I hope to see you post some more work.

EDIT: moar liek hope u advertise ur site moar

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
As good as this is, you should remove that link you have to the forums :v Advertising forums isn't allowed.

But ya, still pretty awesome though.

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
I didn't know you where on this forum too :3

As I've said before, I love this piece. The shading is beautiful and her expression is just great. Lovely job!

Illumina

Website
ff-illumina.net
Oh, you're the same Ashley as on FXN? I never would have guessed :p

@Elegant Esthetics -- Thanks. And trust me, you'll see more of my work on KHI soon. ;)
@Domon Kasshu -- Link removed.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
I like your attempt at the colouring style, but un fortunately, it's sloppy and not very well excecuted. The shades are too sharp and don't flow very nicely in some places. Unlike everyone else, i don't like the facial expression, mainly the nose, it's kind of fat. Also, the crease in the skirt bugs me. Other than that, the anatomy is very good and the hair is nicely coloured. Overall a very good peice, much better than most of the stuff you see on this site.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
When i say it's not well excecuted, don't take offence. When i said that, i was comparing yours to similar peices i've seen in the past, and i've seen better. Again, like i said, it's very good though ^^

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I like your attempt at the colouring style, but un fortunately, it's sloppy and not very well excecuted.
But that's the whole damn point of the style >:C Do you not know styles?

Illumina is ****ing good, and that's a painting branch that a lot of people drift towards.

tl;dr lychi on deviantART
---------

@Illumina - On a side note, I'd probably consider this piece to be your best. I looked through your dA gallery, and you have some pretty :awesome: CGing skills, but it clashes horribly with the thick lines you use. As such, I recommend continuing down this "lineless" path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back