• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua Censorship rumor....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
Hey, kona here. Im not sure if this has been posted yet (or if it's even relevent >.>;) but i thought you guys might wanna know this.

file.php

uh, yeah. censorship time.
I guess this is what nomu meant but redoing some designs.

nomu hasnt come out to say it's true yet, so it's still a rumor- but the pics above look like it's from scans
so it looks plusible....

so what do you guy's think about this? discuss please.

Original posters:

Rho: Aqua Rumor: True? - KH-Vids.Net Forum

Mike: KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep: Aqua Rumor - KH-Vids.Net Forum

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Personally, I think it looks somewhat better. But altogether I don't really think it matters, unless you'll be staring at her back throughout the whole game

A

Azrael

Hey, kona here. Im not sure if this has been posted yet (or if it's even relevent >.>;) but i thought you guys might wanna know this.

file.php

uh, yeah. censorship time.
I guess this is what nomu meant but redoing some designs.

nomu hasnt come out to say it's true yet, so it's still a rumor- but the pics above look like it's from scans
so it looks plusible....

so what do you guy's think about this? discuss please.

Original posters:

Rho: Aqua Rumor: True? - KH-Vids.Net Forum

Mike: KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep: Aqua Rumor - KH-Vids.Net Forum
If only Disney had fucking balls to let her show some skin but she's still the most sexiest girl in KH.

I expect her to be further censored once BBS hits USA. I BET.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Nomura had already said he was changing the design because it was the "too sexy" version and was going to mix the style of the original outfit withe the "too sexy" version so it was balanced. So it's not really a rumor at all.

Either way, the second picture looks like the original and not the newer outfit, so I can't say if that is the new version or not. I just hope Aqua has the heels she had, because they were awesome.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
Who cares if she's showing a little skin.

If Aqua's outfit is "too sexy," what would you call Ariel's?

Apparently Disney does GA. Ariel's a bit revealing. Heard of a Dirty Little Mermaid?

that's the thing- how come disney gets to do these sort of "risque" sort of things without anycuts, but anyone afflicted with disney (mainly studio ghibli and square) there scenes are cut or the characters are altered? Im still made about the fact of how much was changed in kh2 (i.e, xigbar's crosshairs and headra(sp?) blood, to name a few)...

EDIT:

oh i just remeber another cut-

AXEL'S DEATH SCENE

the epicness that should have been is now as non exesistant as a nobody

thanks disney- thanks alot DX<

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Who cares if she's showing a little skin.

If Aqua's outfit is "too sexy," what would you call Ariel's?

Before she had no shells (because mermaids do not wear shells) I think the shells were a major addition to her.

I don't mind the lack of skin. Either way she looks amazing.

EDIT: I just remembered how mad I got when stuff was taken out of KH2. (Axel's death in flames was beautiful...now he just...doesn't flame...)

Censorship in KH fails.

KEEP THE BARE BACK!

RIOT!

fantasy08

It didn't surprise me at all. This is typical Nomura when it comes to females in any game he has something to do with. Of course Aqua would be the only one half dressed at the top. I mean you can see her freakin bra. To me he didn't have to mess with her at all. She was already really pretty and her outfit was already sexy. Just not trashy sexy like he seems to be doing to her now. I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it if Terra was shirtless as well, (Like Xehanort's heartless in Kh1 mmm memories:lol:),but no it's only the female.Like I said typical. If Disney had anything to do with him changing her outfit back to the way it was then for once I'm glad they intervened in something.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I don't see why we're assuming this is censorship and not just Nomura being anal about details. There's no need to make it into a Disney conspiracy to deny fanboys their fanservice. -_-

Personally, I like the "closed" version of the design a lot better, not because the "open" version shows too much skin, but because it draws the attention to the wrong place - the "closed design" draws attention to the cross-straps that seem to be a common element between the Keybladers' outfits, while the "open" design draws attention to Aqua's lower back. There's really no reason for a lead character's outfit to be dragging people's minds down into the gutter.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It didn't surprise me at all. This is typical Nomura when it comes to females in any game he has something to do with. Of course Aqua would be the only one half dressed at the top. I mean you can see her freakin bra. To me he didn't have to mess with her at all. She was already really pretty and her outfit was already sexy. Just not trashy sexy like he seems to be doing to her now. I wouldn't have a problem with it if Terra was shirtless as well, (Like Xehanort's heartless in Kh1 mmm memories:lol:),but no it's only the female.Like I said typical. If Disney had anything to do with him changing her outfit back to the way it was then for once I'm glad they intervened in something.

(SoD mmm. His Billy Zane voice also added to the bare chestness)

-shrugs- I don't mind any way Aqua looks. well...I do...just as long as her outfit doesnt turn into a skin tight pink dress (well...I like that dress on Kairi but it would clash with Aqua's hair)

Aqua should just stay the way she is right now and things will be fine.

H

Heolstor

I didn't even notice.
I worry about the person who did and had enough weird thoughts about it to think it required censorship.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
the first one is sexy :3
shes so cute XD

i hope nomura keeps it that way

Ikkin

Bronze Member
that's the thing- how come disney gets to do these sort of "risque" sort of things without anycuts, but anyone afflicted with disney (mainly studio ghibli and square) there scenes are cut or the characters are altered? Im still made about the fact of how much was changed in kh2 (i.e, xigbar's crosshairs and headra(sp?) blood, to name a few)...

EDIT:

oh i just remeber another cut-

AXEL'S DEATH SCENE

the epicness that should have been is now as non exesistant as a nobody

thanks disney- thanks alot DX<

I'm still convinced that KH2's cuts weren't so much "things Disney had a problem with" as things that would have added up to a T rating. (Which just goes to show how weird the ESRB is - it's fine for Sora to cut off Hydra heads or Axel to blow himself up in an E10 game, as long as they use the "appropriate" special effects).

I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it if Terra was shirtless as well, (Like Xehanort's heartless in Kh1 mmm memories:lol:),but no it's only the female.

Well, the male cast isn't a complete loss. Terra and Vanitas both wear nearly-skintight tops that accentuate their musculature. (Though that's still nowhere close to Xehanort's Heartless, with its shirtlessness and low-cut leather pants XD)

Khaki45

Heh I was the first one to mention this and dont forget it.

Im a little against her being exposed, but I really dont give an F as long as Birth by Sleep comes out.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm still convinced that KH2's cuts weren't so much "things Disney had a problem with" as things that would have added up to a T rating. (Which just goes to show how weird the ESRB is - it's fine for Sora to cut off Hydra heads or Axel to blow himself up in an E10 game, as long as they use the "appropriate" special effects).

Well, the male cast isn't a complete loss. Terra and Vanitas both wear nearly-skintight tops that accentuate their musculature. (Though that's still nowhere close to Xehanort's Heartless, with its shirtlessness and low-cut leather pants XD)

ESRB fails majorly.

Vanitas just needs to take off his helmet and maybe his face will be enough to make up for no chest. Or at least have a very nice alternate outfit besides his soldier one.

Hueco*Cielo

Nomura said there were three versions to Aqua's outfit, the one on the left is the latest as seen in the recent TGS trailer.

It's about time this game did some growing up! I certainly hope that BbS will be rated "T".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back