• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone think that there will be a KH game for the new PSVita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I bet they already have three kh games planned for it, one more for the 3ds, and RE: BBS for the vita in 2014.

then around 2019 we will FINALLY get VERSUS XIII and in 2020 a kh3 announcment.

calling it.

Honestly, I see Re:BbS having a greater chance on the PS3 than the Vita if it were even going to happen (regardless I would buy the system it is on because BbS is the only KH game worth it in my eyes). Re:BbS would allow a wider audience to play a game that is so vital to the series, and the PS3/360 (they'd probably do both) are very strong sellers as, compared to the Vita which they don't know much about in terms of sales (considering most of the world hasn't gotten it).

Neither of us did, it's the name of the article.

Sorry, I thought you put the title to that link xP My bad...

Personally right now I don't want a KH on Vita. The GBA, DS, PSP & 3DS all had multiple games I was interested in. KH was not my sole reason for getting any of them.

Vita however doesn't have anything grabbing my attention yet.

This is true that the Vita doesn't really introduce anything that is really new, but keep in mind, neither did the PSP outside of just being a handheld (which CoM and Days were before). I'm not saying that you are implying SE needs something new to warrant KH being on that console, but I'm just saying in general that it the Vita is just as likely to get a KH game as the 3DS is to get another.

Key to Truth

Awards
Based off of the Vita's current sales: no.

The Vita is only having bad sales in Japan because there are no games out focused on the Japanese market. Did you really think the Vita would sell in Japan with Uncharted or Marvel vs Capcom? Wait and see if the following weeks with the release of Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Odyssey, Little Busters, Tales of Innocence R and others.
Plus, we still need to see how good is the Vita going to do in the western market.
Also, on topic... I think a KH on the Vita would be amazing. Not because of graphics, no. Because the console is a much more powerful device than the 3DS and we could have better AIs, more enemies on screen, more fluid gameplay, etc...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Also, on topic... I think a KH on the Vita would be amazing. Not because of graphics, no. Because the console is a much more powerful device than the 3DS and we could have better AIs, more enemies on screen, more fluid gameplay, etc...

...and it'd also be comfortable to play for five hours straight without getting hand cramps! ;) My hands always made me regret how long I played in Days and Coded, but the Vita's ergonomics are surprisingly awesome, and the second analog stick would mean fewer weird button combinations.

I kind of doubt KH will ever get better AIs, to be honest; the games as they are are too dependent on clear and easily readable patterns that can be avoided if you know what to do for that to be a likely upgrade path. What I'd really like to see are more NPCs, especially in areas where enemies show up (with the coding to match), and touch/multi-touch lock-on for easy target selection.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would love to use the back touch screen so when you pull your fingers in the opposite direction you enter first person mode.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I would love to use the back touch screen so when you pull your fingers in the opposite direction you enter first person mode.
duelwield keyblades, slide your fingers around the back touch pad to swing them.

Key to Truth

Awards
...and it'd also be comfortable to play for five hours straight without getting hand cramps! ;) My hands always made me regret how long I played in Days and Coded, but the Vita's ergonomics are surprisingly awesome, and the second analog stick would mean fewer weird button combinations.

I kind of doubt KH will ever get better AIs, to be honest; the games as they are are too dependent on clear and easily readable patterns that can be avoided if you know what to do for that to be a likely upgrade path. What I'd really like to see are more NPCs, especially in areas where enemies show up (with the coding to match), and touch/multi-touch lock-on for easy target selection.

I do love the Vita being so big and ergonomic, it feels like holding a console controller, kinda like a transition between PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. And well, you never know... There are games with awesome IAs. Plus, I meant it like for boss battles, so bosses can have a lot of different patterns to make each time you battle them more unique. Also, the Vita can make nice graphics with anti-aliasing, something the PSP nor the 3DS can achieve properly.

MinerKing

...touch/multi-touch lock-on for easy target selection.

Genius! I just love that idea. Honestly I would have liked for that to be on the bottom screen of KH3D, where you could touch a dream eater on the map and it would lock on to that specific one.

The hardware is there. I'll buy any platform if a Kingdom Hearts game is released for it. :biggrin:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Genius! I just love that idea. Honestly I would have liked for that to be on the bottom screen of KH3D, where you could touch a dream eater on the map and it would lock on to that specific one.

Selecting enemies to lock onto really is one of the biggest remaining shortcomings of the KH control scheme now that they've upgraded both the attack selection (Command Deck) and movement (Free-Flow) systems, isn't it?

Actually, if they upgraded that, it could pave the way for some different attack types -- long-ranged attacks to quickly close the distance between yourself and particularly-dangerous ranged enemies. For a few possibilities, there could be Jump/High-Jump commands and elemental forms thereof, an actual useful version of Teleport (which might be able to lock onto certain things that aren't exactly enemies), something like a Hook Raid command to drag a far-away enemy to yourself with the Keyblade, Scatter Mines that can be placed wherever you choose, and Area of Effect spells using a far-away enemy as a central point rather than yourself. Another possibility could be direct manipulation of enemies -- "grab" the enemy using the touch screen, and throw him into another enemy/away from you!

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
duelwield keyblades, slide your fingers around the back touch pad to swing them.

be good if you could customize your combos with the touch pad, like go into something like a gummi editor scenario and find which combos work for you

wii.red24

I would certainly think that down the road they would do something for the PSP Vita, it would make sense to do it not just for Sony so they could have a top game like Kingdom Hearts on their roster but it would also make sense for Square Enix to give the fans something and then, "there is always the money thing" so yes it's very forseeable.

Leflores

Yes, I do think that eventually they will make some sort of kh game for the ps vita. What with the classic psp controls with the added bonus of the touch screen, there is a lot to get out of the system. Of course, it also depends on the sales of the ps vita. If it continues as it is now, we're looking at a pretty bleak future for the vita.

x4ryuusei

Knowing Square-Enix I think we'll get a lot of quality Vita titles, including Kingdom Hearts. Birth by Sleep was just so amazing and I'd love to see them create something like it again for the Vita.

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(GBA)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
Kingdom Hearts Re: coded (DS)
Kingdom Hearts coded (Mobile)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts III (Probably in another console)
Kingdom Hearts "Birth by Sleep v.2" for vita WTF just decide in one console this is not funny for the real KH fans I have all the games( I preorder KH:3D :D ) but I'm so sick they play with us and the special box is not an 10th anniversary box its just the latest games of nintendo and even is not for the true fans its just for the ones who even not play KH:358/2 days and Re:Coded. Sorry but thats my opinion.....

kupo1121

Awards
Kingdom Hearts "Birth by Sleep v.2" for vita WTF just decide in one console this is not funny for the real KH fans I have all the games( I preorder KH:3D :D ) but I'm so sick they play with us and the special box is not an 10th anniversary box its just the latest games of nintendo and even is not for the true fans its just for the ones who even not play KH:358/2 days and Re:Coded. Sorry but thats my opinion.....

First, I'm just pointing out that there is a whole other thread to rant about the 10th anniversary box, I'm not sure if it applies here considering this has nothing do with the 10th anniversary box xP

Anyways though, you complain about them releasing it on multiple systems, and yet you continue to buy all the systems and games. You do realize that you just contradicted yourself basically? If people never bought the games that they released on other systems, I doubt SE would keep doing it, however, by buying each game and every console, you are only accomplishing what they want. You can't really complain about something that you are only making worse.

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
First, I'm just pointing out that there is a whole other thread to rant about the 10th anniversary box, I'm not sure if it applies here considering this has nothing do with the 10th anniversary box xP

Anyways though, you complain about them releasing it on multiple systems, and yet you continue to buy all the systems and games. You do realize that you just contradicted yourself basically? If people never bought the games that they released on other systems, I doubt SE would keep doing it, however, by buying each game and every console, you are only accomplishing what they want. You can't really complain about something that you are only making worse.
First, I just write 3 lines about the box, also I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who dont like what they do with the multiple systems and the box.....

kupo1121

Awards
First, I just write 3 lines about the box, also I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who dont like what they do with the multiple systems and the box.....

Trust me, you're not the only person who has a problem with the box. I'm just saying you should go to that thread, because there we can have a LONG conversation <_< (my first post in that thread was quite long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back