• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone think that there will be a KH game for the new PSVita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

disneyfreaksXIII

there's no doubt in my mind some type of kingdom hearts game will come out for this. Kingdom hearts has been on every single hand held since the gameboy advance.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
chances are great for the comment above me ^ and also because of the rumoured bbsV2 which will have a very great chance of being on the vita, i mean what other console is it likey to be on. psp is a little outdated and the ps3 is just to epic for it so vita is my greatest bet but i swear if this super cool game come out on a Nintendo platform i am gonna slam my head through a wall.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Okay i'll be off topic for one post BUT ^ DAT SIG!

yeah, some guy posted something on KH wall on facebook about nomura talking about the HD collection i read the article but it seemed bogus but the picture of the game cover on the page was cool so i made it my sig. though i am pretty sure its fan made or something, i really dunno

if you wanna go to the site hears the link but im pretty sure its rubbish...
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QFaluT8AQGkjGZq1mGOwzvOJxlXZvsicgGvzX5ixjxz9A

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
All I have to say is this:

We need a bonking console KH again. Not a portable one for pete's sake! The new hand helds arent worth the prices that they are being sold at, and a lot of people have consoles already! I don't really want to buy another hand held just to get the rest of the KH story. I've sunk a butt load of time into the series and I don't want another sequel on the 3DS or Vita... I can't afford another 200-300 dollar game system.. Just make KH3 for the PS3 and be done with it. Anybody else agree? Plus they could do so much more with the game itself because the PS3 doesn't have a hand held's graphical limitations. Granted KH 3D looks fantastic, it could look better on the PS3, or at least KH3 could

IAMSORA

yeah, some guy posted something on KH wall on facebook about nomura talking about the HD collection i read the article but it seemed bogus but the picture of the game cover on the page was cool so i made it my sig. though i am pretty sure its fan made or something, i really dunno

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

that is wat i wish the aniversary box was. all the SONY games in one package and on PSN. BBS, KH1, COM, and KH2. instead they gave us the EXACT OPPOSITE, with a nintendo collection. anyway... a vita game is likely, but just please not KH3. im not worried though. im sure that will be for PS3

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'm pretty sure it is rubbish, but that's a good thing, because the package is just made of a collaboration of old art...I kind of miss Nomura's original art for every cover.

All I have to say is this:

We need a bonking console KH again. Not a portable one for pete's sake! The new hand helds arent worth the prices that they are being sold at, and a lot of people have consoles already! I don't really want to buy another hand held just to get the rest of the KH story. I've sunk a butt load of time into the series and I don't want another sequel on the 3DS or Vita... I can't afford another 200-300 dollar game system.. Just make KH3 for the PS3 and be done with it. Anybody else agree? Plus they could do so much more with the game itself because the PS3 doesn't have a hand held's graphical limitations. Granted KH 3D looks fantastic, it could look better on the PS3, or at least KH3 could

Honestly, your best bet is to just watch all the games on Youtube at this point. Many people rant about this, but honestly, there is nothing to do about it. By saying "Just make KH3 for the PS3 and be done with it" sounds like you almost just want them to make it so you can be done with the series (even if that is not what you truly mean). SE is a company, and they profit highly off of all their KH games. They aren't going to change anytime soon because their formula isn't flawed (for them), so why fix it?

MinerKing

After playing the PSV demo unit at my local Gamestop, I feel like Kingdom Hearts would be a perfect fit for the new handheld. The graphics certainly aren't PS3 level, but they are impressive on that gigantic screen. The buttons felt wonderful and it would definitely provide for smooth controls. My only issue was the framerate on some of the game demos on the demo unit. Now I'm sure they are running on old firmware, but it still had me worrying. I have always had incredible framerate issues with Birth By Sleep unless I crank the CPU up in the config menu. I would really not like to deal with that in a new handheld game.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I have always had incredible framerate issues with Birth By Sleep unless I crank the CPU up in the config menu. I would really not like to deal with that in a new handheld game.

Birth by Sleep is a 333MHz/Max Data Install game through and through. The only reason why they even put in that option was for people who really wanted to save battery/memory card space at the cost of making the game run far worse. (That said, I think the 222MHz is somewhat more tolerable if you don't use the 32-bit color...?)

KevVentus

I'm pretty sure it is rubbish, but that's a good thing, because the package is just made of a collaboration of old art...I kind of miss Nomura's original art for every cover.

Honestly, your best bet is to just watch all the games on Youtube at this point. Many people rant about this, but honestly, there is nothing to do about it. By saying "Just make KH3 for the PS3 and be done with it" sounds like you almost just want them to make it so you can be done with the series (even if that is not what you truly mean). SE is a company, and they profit highly off of all their KH games. They aren't going to change anytime soon because their formula isn't flawed (for them), so why fix it?

I agree with this. People demand KH3, but it's not going to just happen. Meanwhile, if we didn't get any handheld games, they'd complain even more. I just watched the cutscenes for Days and Birth by Sleep and that was fine for me. I did really want to play BBS, but it was the only game on PSP I wanted and I decided it wasn't worth it. I'm excited about 3D, though. It looks like it has great story and gameplay, and I actually have interest in other 3DS games, so I'll finally be able to play a KH game again : )

As for Vita, someone suggested BBS Volume 2. I think it's funny people keep jumping to conclusions that this is going to be a fully fledged game. I think it was just the name of the secret movie. There's nothing left to cover in the BbS era. I really don't want a KH on Vita... it'll create another polarization among fans between the Sony and Nintendo handheld like Birth by Sleep and Days did..

kupo1121

Awards
As for Vita, someone suggested BBS Volume 2. I think it's funny people keep jumping to conclusions that this is going to be a fully fledged game. I think it was just the name of the secret movie. There's nothing left to cover in the BbS era. I really don't want a KH on Vita... it'll create another polarization among fans between the Sony and Nintendo handheld like Birth by Sleep and Days did..

People aren't jumping to conclusions. Nomura has stated that there will be one more game before KH3. Also, it seems like the time between BbS and KH1 is left unknown and Nomura has stated that he wanted to make 3 games:

1) Roxas' days in the Org. (Days)
2) Xehanort's past (BbS)
3) Riku's time during KH1 (???)

This leads many to believe that the last game he wants to make would somehow include Riku's story. If you watch the secret ending again, it does show parts with Riku watching over people in Days. This leads many to believe BbSv2 will describe many stores (Aqua's time in RoD, etc.) along with Riku's which would accomplish both Nomura's want to reveal Riku's story and the game before KH3's release.

KevVentus

Do you have a source for this? I don't remember seeing him talk about a story for Riku...

If Riku gets his own game, that would be good cause it saves me having to buy the console it's for : D

kupo1121

Awards
Do you have a source for this? I don't remember seeing him talk about a story for Riku...

If Riku gets his own game, that would be good cause it saves me having to buy the console it's for : D

Honestly, I'm really bad at navigating for his interviews, but I know he did say those were the 3 stories he wanted to explore. If you message Ethnic Woman, I'm sure she could easily find it for you, but I don't recall exactly what interview it was in.

KevVentus

I know there was one more game planned before KH3. I'll go look myself : )

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Honestly, I'm really bad at navigating for his interviews, but I know he did say those were the 3 stories he wanted to explore. If you message Ethnic Woman, I'm sure she could easily find it for you, but I don't recall exactly what interview it was in.

Xehanort's Past

Mickey's Time in the RoD

Riku's Absence

Roxas' Time in the Organization

Xehanort's Past = BbS.
Roxas' Time in the Organization = Days.

Only a small portion of Riku's absence was shown in Days.

There's still Mickey's Time in the RoD and Riku's absence to be told.

Interview said:
About the World of Darkness and such, you haven't gone into detail. Could you possibly talk about some of these things? Does the beach at the beginning and end of KH [II] have some connection to the World of Darkness?

Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: "the period of the King's absence", "the period of Riku's absence", "Roxas' time in Organization XIII" and "Xehanort's past". In this case, the story of "the period of the King's absence" is set in the realm of darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon.
What can be called the dark coastline seen at the beginning and end of KHII is the tip of a world. It is not strictly part of the realm of darkness but rather what serves as the boundary line in between the dark and the in-between. In the ending, Sora and Riku were on the coast on the in-between side and were looking at the sea of the realm of darkness. The door visible in the dark sea is a scene that symbolizes "Deep within the darkness, there is light", as Sora said in the previous KH.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/57971099

Angi3

i wouldn't want that, i think. kingdom hearts should have ALL its games made for different game systems, or EVERY game system, so that way, if one person only has a PS2, but the game is only avialable via 3DS (which it is), that person wouldn't miss...just a thought. :)

KevVentus

Thanks for that!

I wouldn't mind the Riku game if it were shared with Mickey. I wouldn't mind some flashbacks to his meeting Ansem and shedding a little more light on the apprentices' betrayal.

Also, solving the mystery of Kingdom Key D once and for all.

Of course, having a game starring Mickey Mouse would be kind of odd. But the series has done stranger.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Thanks for that!

I wouldn't mind the Riku game if it were shared with Mickey. I wouldn't mind some flashbacks to his meeting Ansem and shedding a little more light on the apprentices' betrayal.

Also, solving the mystery of Kingdom Key D once and for all.

Of course, having a game starring Mickey Mouse would be kind of odd. But the series has done stranger.

Chances are that the main heroes of the game would be Aqua (BbSv2 possibility) and Riku (from after CoM 'till the end of KH2/when he reunites with the others) and a few worlds, if that, in a Mickey scenario. But I'd be surprised if we didn't play as Mickey in a game like that. It would be the perfect opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back