• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

anyone listen to music other than rock?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
No, a LOT of indie rap is good. It isn't retarded rap that tells you to pimp your hos or tells you to do some retarded dance that makes you look like you live in a hysteria asylum.

'Cause you can't pimp hos or get hyphie...

Yeah, I like a lot of differnet kinds of music. I've been on a rap kick lately, though. I've been checking out a lot of the new underground stuff here in L.A. A lot of it is actually good, surprisingly.

franklin

i listen to of montreal, girl talk, and lcd sound system
which are like bigbeat alternative

and i dont necessarily listen to rock
its more like grindcore or hardcore (which i guess is rock but whatev)

indie music count?

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
some country is actually pretty decent, a good half or more of what's on the country radio station, 105.0 or 106.0 or something like that, is pretty good. of course there is another half that i think sucks.

the only one i try to avoid mostly is screamo, but i can put up with it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I love techno music and SOME hip-hop/rap songs but not really mainstream ones...

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Also, artistic music is amazing. Radiohead especially :<

Unless you want to count that as rock :X

~Dorian Gray

Vicodin

relative power
i listen to of montreal, girl talk, and lcd sound system
which are like bigbeat alternative

Send me some Of Montreal songs please? PM me if you can on ways hooow, recently just started getting in to them and only have two of their songs. :<

Urm. Prog, metal, grunge, alternative, some technoey stuff. Yeah. Love rock though. Old rock. Early 90's though. Like Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains.
I /do/ listen to some newer bands, though. Like Static-X. Yeah.

Satu

Really... Gay music? It depends what you listen to.

I listen to all kinds, mostly Heavy Metal, Metal, opera, Mozart, a few country singers, JRock, hip-hop, I don't really listen to rap 'cause I think it's just people speaking.

I listen to what ever sounds good to me. i don't listen to screamo though.

bladed asassin

not really pretty much this is my music and how i listen to it

Rock/metal: 95% of the time

hip hop/rap: 1% of the time

tecno: 1.5% of the time

Other: 1% of the time

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
'Cause you can't pimp hos or get hyphie...

Yeah, I like a lot of differnet kinds of music. I've been on a rap kick lately, though. I've been checking out a lot of the new underground stuff here in L.A. A lot of it is actually good, surprisingly.

Hey, hey. I PIMP my hos. I just don't like it when people are rapping about pimping their hos, cause you know they really can't.

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Well I feel special. I've seen one mention of classical of some kind. Nobody listens to that anymore? Tragic.

But anyway, why all this crap of dividing music into genres? Some sort of music speaks to you and some doesn't. Personally I find myself attracted to music that paints pictures, or tells stories (much more interesting without the use of lyrics as well). Is that supposed to be a genre? Painting music? Also, a big plus is music that manages to be creative. That's also a genre? Creative music?

Follow your instincts. From what I've seen it works out pretty well in the end.

M

Miss Murder

Answer:

No, no I do not listen to anything but rock. I mostly listen to New Rock or Hard Rock, though. ^^

But Metal's good too.

Honestly, I will listen to and bear with anything other than Country or Gospel. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I even like "Achy Breaky Heart" a little. . .*shudders* Just a little. ^^

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Rock: 95% of the time

Rap: 0%

Techno: 5% of the time

Mostly Breaking Benjamin, Blue October, Korn. Yeah, Hard Rock and Metal, as well as Alternative Indie and Rock.

Country Music has just gotten to where the singers talk about nothing but drinking, etc.

Rap is just not me.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Apparently I pretty much don't listen to music. I might listen to rap a little, but its hardly acceptable to my parents. But I may listen to some hip hop, maybe...

M

Miss Murder

^Yeah I heart Breaking Benjamin, as people can probably tell from my sig.

But I also like Linkin Park and Three Days Grace.

Yeah, I'd have to say that Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, and Three Days Grace are my top-three favorite bands. But that's somewhat beside the point. . .anyways. . .

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I listen to a lot of alternative rock/piano rock(Coldplay, Keane, Five for Fighting) for the most part. But I enjoy video game and anime soundtrack music too, ^^, like the Rurouni Kenshin OST's, the KH OST's, Chrono Trigger, you get the point.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
eh i would say my music taste is mostly Indy/Alternative and Hardcore/Screamo/Grindcore..

buuuut yah i listen to Rap 2..
mostly
-Clipse (that's my favorite rapper)
-Rick Ross
-Nas
and Dead Prez and Talib Kwali

also some Techo-Felix Da Housecat and Technocore
,oh also SOME spanish rock/pop rock like Belanova,Mana, and Molotov

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back