• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Sora is BAMF

you lay off Sora!

Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Mickey took up the task of saving the world, more than once
they took out(mostly) the entire Org XIII

fraught against heartless, and nobody's

I think the two are too different to compare, really

Fixed that for ya milady.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Sora is BAMF

you lay off Sora!

Sora took up the task of saving the world, more than once
he took out(mostly) the entire Org XIII

TAV were ALSO tasked with saving all the worlds. -_-
Sora didn't take out Organization XIII alone. 90% of the time, Sora had allies. TAV were 90% of the time alone.

TAV fought against Unversed and Heartless, so what?

Not really :/

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
He hasn't received much development. Riku is more developed all around than Sora is. It just seems like Sora's just a body on the story's behalf (his thoughts, feelings/emotions don't really affect the outcome of the story), and the only reason why his role is important is because he has the Keyblade, that facilitates his purpose. Maybe one day he'll have a large enough character that the Keyblade isn't the only defining characteristic of his role. Basically, Sora's a pretty blank slate.

impart

Climb The Sky
im not going to argue with you,

im just saying

sora seemed to do better against master xehanort then they did

not that im bashing on TAV, but like i said, i dont think he exactly "pales in comparison"

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Actually, if you really think about it, Sora is better than TAV. Why? He defeats his foes. Terra loses hardcore. Aqua loses. Ven loses. Sora has never lost. But if we look at their characters, Sora is still superior. Sora is the young and willing. He can improve. TAV, sadly, are at their peak. Nothing much can be added to them. They are essentially finished characters. Skill with a Keyblade matters not ( and if you REALLY want to use that excuse, Sora still wins because he did everything on his own and did not learn it over time ).

Silverslide

im just saying

not that im bashing on TAV, but like i said, i dont think he exactly "pales in comparison"

I'm not trying to instigate an argument, i'm just sayin'. Sora didn't do it all on his own. But yeah I see what you are saying.

Actually, if you really think about it, Sora is better than TAV. Why? He defeats his foes. Terra loses hardcore. Aqua loses. Ven loses. Sora has never lost. But if we look at their characters, Sora is still superior. Sora is the young and willing. He can improve. TAV, sadly, are at their peak. Nothing much can be added to them. They are essentially finished characters. Skill with a Keyblade matters not ( and if you REALLY want to use that excuse, Sora still wins because he did everything on his own and did not learn it over time ).

Um Ulti, none of them lose. All of them defeat their foes. ALL of the trio. I don't see what you were getting at with that. I disagree with the character thing also. As conquerer has said, Sora has little development, I mean RIKU has more development than him. Of course he CAN improve, but we are talking about Sora as of now. TAV aren't at their peak at all. Aqua was actually just starting to reach her full potential when she was promoted to master. Terra and Ven especially still have room to grow and become real masters like MX and ME. The reason we havent seen this happen is because Nomura had to put them all in their respective situations. Skill with a keyblade DOES matter alot since the keyblade is what mainly gives Sora his power. Nomura himself says that Sora is just a normal boy, so this keyblade is what makes him so "good"

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

im just saying

When did he fight Master Xehanort? I have no intentions of arguing, but since you brought it up...

impart

Climb The Sky
When did he fight Master Xehanort? I have no intentions of arguing, but since you brought it up...

you know what I mean.

besides,
by the end of the Xehanort saga im sure he will have, and im sure he will win

Allister Rose

French Lover
i don't know, i've een liking sora only because he's not TAV. because he isn't the hero that super powerful, he's just a country boy

Silverslide

Of course he will defeat MX if they fight. What i'm interested in is how can he make the story not be so predictable. Like actually having Sora lose something and have some bigger obstacles to overcome.

αsiя

space coke

Pretty much this.

TAV are pretty much not that great (personality wise) compared to Sora, even though Ven is like Sora, I prefer Sora over Ven.

Silverslide

I have to disagree, asia.

I felt as if TAV are way more interesting personality wise. Sora is something we see VERY often. "The hero who fights against evil."

Terra is a more interesting archtype, the tragic hero, he was brought up correctly, under the training of a capable master, yet still finds his way to the darkness somehow.

Aqua is someone who is caught in the middle of her friends problems. Trying to make everything right while keeping an eye on Terra to make sure he doesnt fall into the darkness, yet fails terribly. Finding herself chained to the realm of dark will the fate of her friends are unknown besides Ven maybe.

Ventus is pretty generic along with Sora to be quite honest. But his role with the X-blade is very interesting and makes you wonder what his reaction will be ie the put an end to me scene.

Again as Conquerer said, Sora is pretty much a tool, an empty slate, who is only relevant because of the keyblade. He needs to be developed more.

Allister Rose

French Lover
IMO theres a large gap between sora and TAV (not too much from ven, but the gap is noticable).

what makes sora great is his simple idealogy along with no desire of wanting to be more powerful. thats what makes him a good hero, because he's simple even though everything around him gets complicated (well this aspect was mainly seen in kh1, after that he took too far or they made him too flat in kh2).

for that type of character i dont want him to be equal to TAV becaue his dream isn't to become keyblade master.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
IMO theres a large gap between sora and TAV (not too much from ven, but the gap is noticable).

what makes sora great is his simple idealogy along with no desire of wanting to be more powerful. thats what makes him a good hero, because he's simple even though everything around him gets complicated (well this aspect was mainly seen in kh1, after that he took too far or they made him too flat in kh2).

for that type of character i dont want him to be equal to TAV becaue his dream isn't to become keyblade master.

On that point, Sora is entirely unlike TAV. TAV were bred to fight against evil. Sora was shoved into their world. Throughout his entire adventure, he could have easily gone astray. He could have been like Riku and forsaken the safety of the worlds to find his friends. But he takes it upon himself to accept this role. TAV just roll with it because that is what they were taught.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Sora is BAMF

you lay off Sora!

Sora took up the task of saving the world, more than once
he took out(mostly) the entire Org XIII

BAMF?

So have other characters, including TAV.
Yeah, with the help of Donald, Goofy, Mickey (sometimes), Riku, and possibly the Beast.

TAV fought against Unverse, Heartless, and crazy old men.

Story-wise, not completely. Both did similar things, it's just who did what better.

He hasn't received much development. Riku is more developed all around than Sora is. It just seems like Sora's just a body on the story's behalf (his thoughts, feelings/emotions don't really affect the outcome of the story), and the only reason why his role is important is because he has the Keyblade, that facilitates his purpose. Maybe one day he'll have a large enough character that the Keyblade isn't the only defining characteristic of his role. Basically, Sora's a pretty blank slate.

Um Ulti, none of them lose. All of them defeat their foes. ALL of the trio.

I think what Ulti meant was that TAVs main villains were not defeated; MX is still alive in some format, Vanitas still exists in some format, Terranort obviously still exists, and it was Sora who got rid of Braig/Xigbar, something both Terra and Aqua failed to do.
However, Sora has yet to actually "defeat" his main foe; as I said, Xehanort still exists in some format and has not been defeated by anyone.

Of course he will defeat MX if they fight. What i'm interested in is how can he make the story not be so predictable. Like actually having Sora lose something and have some bigger obstacles to overcome.

I wanna know how they're going to defeat MX without killing him, considering he'll be human, unlike most of his other destroyed opponents.

I felt as if TAV are way more interesting personality wise. Sora is something we see VERY often. "The hero who fights against evil."

THIS. Sora was interesting at first, but he's losing it. I still like him, but better characters exist in the games, and TAV happen to be three of them, in my opinion.
Sora's always had some Stu/Sue traits, but they implemented well and weren't really drawbacks. Now he's the KH version of Jesus Christ who will do practically everything the name implies except die for the sins of everyone.
Any flaws Sora had that made him an interesting and exciting character are down the drain to make him even more naive and immature than he was to start with.

Terra is a more interesting archtype, the tragic hero, he was brought up correctly, under the training of a capable master, yet still finds his way to the darkness somehow.

More like tricked into darkness. I love that his descent into darkness was, for once, not one selfishly; he did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. He was wrong, but his heart was in the right place. I can't name any other characters that chose darkness for GOOD reasons rather than bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back