• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenin

Banned
I find Sora reminds me of Luffy from One Piece. happy go lucky kid who is good at fighting. Unlike Luffy though, Sora did choose this path, nor did he expect it...It kinda just happend to him.
Doesn't matter how you look at it. If the KH series keeps going as long as Nomura wants it to go.... I see TAV training Sora and Riku..I honestly do. And Sora has to get stronger....

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Just for sh!t's & giggles:

In KH3: Let's say the final boss is KH1 Sephiroth spawned together with Mysterious Figure, (Terra's) Zack ((It seems almost everyone had a problem with Zack in Terra's story)), and how about throw in KH2's Sephiroth's HP bar. Now add a couple of more hp bars into that mix. Also add for defense MF's defense times two. And pit this all powerful being against Sora (maybe Riku and Mickey), Aqua, Terra, and Ven as the final boss. Now no one can complain who is better than who becuase their a$$e$ are going to get handed to them.

But that was for sh!ts & giggles. So I think Sora as of now could beat them all up, but we'll have to see how he deals in kh3.

R

Rooster Cogburn

Sora is something we see VERY often. "The hero who fights against evil."

Terra is a more interesting archtype, the tragic hero, he was brought up correctly, under the training of a capable master, yet still finds his way to the darkness somehow.

Wait what?
Terra is your typical, brooding, tragic hero. He definitely isn't that interesting.

I disagree about Sora being a typical "hero who fights evil". As Ulti said, TAV were taught to fight against evil, while Sora did it because it was the right thing to do. He could of easily came to a world, see Riku wasn't there, and take off. Yet, he stayed to help.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'm not so entirely sure. i can imagine riku because he was chosen, but sora sems like a layed back type of person. he doesn't seem like the type to let someone train him.

that and i'm hoping he doesn't become super strong.....i hope he retires after everything is done

Xenin

Banned
Just for sh!t's & giggles:

In KH3: Let's say the final boss is KH1 Sephiroth spawned together with Mysterious Figure, (Terra's) Zack ((It seems almost everyone had a problem with Zack in Terra's story)), and how about throw in KH2's Sephiroth's HP bar. Now add a couple of more hp bars into that mix. Also add for defense MF's defense times two. And pit this all powerful being against Sora (maybe Riku and Mickey), Aqua, Terra, and Ven as the final boss. Now no one can complain who is better than who becuase their a$$e$ are going to get handed to them.

But that was for sh!ts & giggles. So I think Sora as of now could beat them all up, but we'll have to see how he deals in kh3.

No no no add the defense and attacks of Vanitas's Sentiment!!

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Wait what?
Terra is your typical, brooding, tragic hero. He definitely isn't that interesting.

Dude, shut up. You obviously didn't play the same game. When the fcuk did Terra brood? Gtfo

They weren't raised to fight evil for one, they were raised to protect the worlds, Sora is easily just a tool or whatever with a keyblade. No depth to him. Riku actually has some shit going on with him but what does Sora have? Nothing.

Oh, and he defiantly is the typical hero. Always meddling in others affairs to help and then leaving. THAT is typical. Terra is conflicting his greed for power or his darkness, with the teachings of his masters and objections of his friends. When in the end, he develops an understanding of the darkness, and he is more determined than ever to put an end to Xehanort.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
No no no add the defense and attacks of Vanitas's Sentiment!!

Ok, we'll add both! I mean, overall, this final boss would put all of them to the test.

And coming up with whose better goes back to it's all a matter of opinion. Some say Terra's better, others say Aqua is, some say Ven, and some others say Sora.

Xenin

Banned
Dude, shut up. You obviously didn't play the same game. When the fuck did Terra brood? Gtfo

They weren't raised to fight evil for one, they were raised to protect the worlds, Sora is easily just a tool or whatever with a keyblade. No depth to him. Riku actually has some shit going on with him but what does Sora have? Nothing.

You kind sir..are THE biggest Terra fan-boy..EVER!! You argue even when people are right. WHo would try to destroy the planets? Bad guys..SO they in defualt fight bad guys...lol and Terra didn't really brood all that much. And Sora...As Nomura said it, is a normal everyday kid put in an intresting situation..He was never meant to be changed a whole lot...always the same

R

Rooster Cogburn

Terra is conflicting his greed for power or his darkness, with the teachings of his masters and objections of his friends.

That sounds very similar to a certain Jedi Knight...
But no not typical at all.

I never said Sora wasn't typical or interesting for that matter. I said he wasn't the stereotype you said he was.

When did Terra brood? Did YOU ever play the game?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Dude, shut up. You obviously didn't play the same game. When the fcuk did Terra brood? Gtfo

Oh, and he defiantly is the typical hero. Always meddling in others affairs to help and then leaving. THAT is typical. Terra is conflicting his greed for power or his darkness, with the teachings of his masters and objections of his friends. When in the end, he develops an understanding of the darkness, and he is more determined than ever to put an end to Xehanort.

grow up thelight......not everyone agrees with you...you love him, others don't....not everyone loves ven, but i do.

but back to the point, i there is a very large gap between TAV and sora, forone both have different styles. i want to see sora fail alot more though like in kh1 and COM, he got a good ending but didn't tie up loose ends

Xenin

Banned
Well, that concept didn't last long, did it? xD I think we made it all the way through game one!

true...He shoulda been the same in Kh2. It's kinda like the memory thing took away his ability to grow up XD. Isn't at the end of BBS it's a year later from KH2? he's 17 right? let's hope he grows up...but not a noble knight like character..lol

Silverslide

You kind sir..are THE biggest Terra fan-boy..EVER!! You argue even when people are right. WHo would try to destroy the planets? Bad guys..SO they in defualt fight bad guys...lol and Terra didn't really brood all that much. And Sora...As Nomura said it, is a normal everyday kid put in an intresting situation..He was never meant to be changed a whole lot...always the same

lol whatever guy

That sounds very similar to a certain Jedi Knight...
But no not typical at all.

I never said Sora wasn't typical or interesting for that matter. I said he wasn't the stereotype you said he was.

When did Terra brood? Did YOU ever play the game?

Lol you could compare half the shit to Star Wars. I don't know why, people say it has something to do with some Archtype shit idk but Terra isnt the only one with similarities.

grow up thelight

Stopped reading there

ROFL

R

Rooster Cogburn

I have a feeling nothing I say to you will make accept that Terra isn't that interesting or original of a character. So I'll just stop.

Silverslide

I have a feeling nothing I say to you will make accept that Terra isn't that interesting or original of a character. So I'll just stop.

No seriously, I can be persuaded, I just really haven't heard anything that makes him unoriginal or interesting. Most of it just sounds like opinion.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

That's because it's subjective. Whether he's interesting is up to each person and their preference in characters. Him being interesting or not interesting are not facts, merely opinions. Why try and change this person's opinion of Terra? Their attitude, maybe, but their opinion? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back