• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem SoD Emblem Heartless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyed Red

Just kind of confused. Ansem SoD has a heartless symbol on him, so that makes him a emblem heartless, right? And aren't emblem heartless the result of someone who has lost their heart? This confuses me because Xehanort succumbed to the darkness, so shouldn't his heartless be pureblood? Someone care to expand upon this?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ansem put the symbol on himself to show his afiliation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not simple like that.
Ansem SoD's emblem might just be an accessoire, we don't know for sure yet.

And succumbing to darkness/losing your heart to darkness means the same thing.

The main difference between purebloods and emblems is how the heart is lost.
With purebloods, the heart is swallowed(eaten) by its own darkness.
With emblems, the process is only mimicked by capturing a heart in darkness.

Bobjam

Awards

A bit like when we see that guy in traverse town in KH1 get his heart taken whilst trying to run away from a shadow heartless. 08 - Traverse Town (KH Cutscene) - YouTube About 3 minutes in you see it.

billyzanesucks

Let's not forget that that was after he had taken Riku's body. And I don't see how he could be an emblem, seeing as he gave his heart to darkness. Emblems cannot be created naturally. So he had to have been a normal heartless (besides his consciousness).

Dyed Red

That still doesn't change that he should be a pureblood, the way things unfolded... and I doubt that it's merely just an accessory.

Gram

Banned
Awards
why would you doubt it? Ansem is the one who gave the emblems their well emblem, he made it, its only natural he'd have it on himself :/

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Exactly, Apprentice Xehanort invented this symbol when he started producing artificial heartless.

On a side note, it may even be appropriate to call Ansem SoD neither a full pureblood nor an emblem, as a passage of the Ansem Reports from KH 1 shows:

Ansem Report 12 said:
I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.

billyzanesucks

I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.
Ah, now I remember that. Maybe his darkness went elsewhere.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Ah, now I remember that. Maybe his darkness went elsewhere.

I highly doubt that, considering how XH is one of the, if not the, most darkness-infested characters in the series. As far as I'm concerned, the darkness hasn't taken over him, at least not in the same manner as a Heartless.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Just kind of confused. Ansem SoD has a heartless symbol on him, so that makes him a emblem heartless, right?

Wrong. He put it there.

And aren't emblem heartless the result of someone who has lost their heart? This confuses me because Xehanort succumbed to the darkness, so shouldn't his heartless be pureblood? Someone care to expand upon this?

Emblem heartless are artificial heartless, not the result of someone who lost their heart.

Neptun

I always assumed that the heartless symbol was AX's own symbol, considering it was featured pretty much everywhere in Hollow Bastion, with that being why he took such a great pride in wearing it on his own clothes. he probly created it as a mix between Eraqus's symbol with his memory as Terra, and as a corruption to AtW's own symbol after taking his name and identity.
Dilan, Braig and Aeleus all wore the same heart emblem on their weapon and on their clothing in BBS.

billyzanesucks

I highly doubt that, considering how XH is one of the, if not the, most darkness-infested characters in the series. As far as I'm concerned, the darkness hasn't taken over him, at least not in the same manner as a Heartless.
I mean the manifestation. That thing at the end was probably a part of him (forgot what it's called), he just could separate himself from it, manifesting it however he chooses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back