• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Accents

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
(Let's not turn this into a 'my favorite' thread)

Going through the "where would you like to go thread" sparked the idea for this one. Are there any accents you really like? Any that you dislike? They can be within your own country (New Jersey accent, southern accent, Michigan accent...) or from another country (Irish, German...)

Do you ever find yourself judging someone (however lightly) based on their accent?
"Groups sharing an identifiable accent may be defined by any of a wide variety of common traits. An accent may be associated with the region in which its speakers reside (a geographical accent), the socio-economic status of its speakers, their ethnicity, their caste or social class, their first language (when the language in which the accent is heard is not their native language), and so on."

Also, if you're learning another language, do you find it hard to reduce your accent?

A

Azrael

(Let's not turn this into a 'my favorite' thread)

Going through the "where would you like to go thread" sparked the idea for this one. Are there any accents you really like? Any that you dislike? They can be within your own country (New Jersey accent, southern accent, Michigan accent...) or from another country (Irish, German...)

Do you ever find yourself judging someone (however lightly) based on their accent?
"Groups sharing an identifiable accent may be defined by any of a wide variety of common traits. An accent may be associated with the region in which its speakers reside (a geographical accent), the socio-economic status of its speakers, their ethnicity, their caste or social class, their first language (when the language in which the accent is heard is not their native language), and so on."

Also, if you're learning another language, do you find it hard to reduce your accent?

I have a stereotypical American accent when chatting in Spanish which is funny since I am Hispanic. I love the New Yorker accent. It's the best one.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
ugh i wanna get rid of my asian accent

like when i speak english sometimes it even feels tireing to try to like say everything really good..

i wanna have a very clear voice but ack i just don't know how! >~< any help or tips? D:<
it's not that bad, [my accent] but like RGGG yeah it annoys me sometimes.
like i envy those girls w/ like perfect english and stuff D:< it just sounds better.. ;~;

lol i like filipino accents they seem fun. like i tried talking like some filipino it was fun, xDD everything is so like short and yeah xDD

A

Azrael

ugh i wanna get rid of my asian accent

like when i speak english sometimes it even feels tireing to try to like say everything really good..

i wanna have a very clear voice but ack i just don't know how! >~< any help or tips? D:<
it's not that bad, [my accent] but like RGGG yeah it annoys me sometimes.
like i envy those girls w/ like perfect english and stuff D:< it just sounds better.. ;~;

lol i like filipino accents they seem fun. like i tried talking like some filipino it was fun, xDD everything is so like short and yeah xDD

Asian accents are like the most funniest accents. Next to Arab accents.

Perfect English sucks.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

Perfect English sucks.
SHUDDUP!! D:<

well does anybody have any tips advice to getting rid of it/or speaking perfect english?
cuz apparently im still speaking engrish even though my grammar is better than that! [i think...] UGH I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE JEESUS.

A

Azrael

SHUDDUP!! D:<

well does anybody have any tips advice to getting rid of it/or speaking perfect english?
cuz apparently im still speaking engrish even though my grammar is better than that! [i think...] UGH I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE JEESUS.

tidas

I'm sure there's classes where you can lose the accent.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
ugh well that's no help!!

oh well back on topic

yeah i think filipino accents are sorta funny lol.

hmm

i loooveee mandarin accents iuno why xD

eh i really don't like russian accents >~> sorry...

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Not trying to be mean, or anything, but for some reason Eastern Indian accents annoy me.lol Then again, that's mainly because that's all I talk to when it comes to requiring customer service, and I can't understand a word that's being said...

I think an English Accent on young Britain women sounds pretty attractive...

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
It's unlikely any of you know this one, but there is a particular accent of my language (dutch) that I love. It's called West-Flemish. My grandparents speak it. I don't, but I can understand it (almost) perfectly. It's unlike any other accent of the language (of which there are, in fact quite a number)

For the rest, I love Irish, Scottish, plain Britisch english and New York...ish (?)

Nothing I hate. Or at least, that I can remember.

AzzurroRainrebor

Since I've been learning so many new languages, I can't seem to say English words borrowed from other languages right; I end up saying them in their native accents. For example, I say THaco instead of taco, and I say BOOrrrreeTHO instead of burrito, and that's just my Spanish. You should hear my Italian (SpagheTHee)lol...

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
When I was little, I used to always speak with an Indian accent, especially whenever I spoke in my parent's language. For some reason, nowadays I speak in your average American accent. I tend to switch accents whenever speaking in a different language.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
British accents fuck yeah.

Any accent from the UK is good in my books, actually.

Great in my books, actually.

And, yeah, I despise most accents from any part of Asia... except maybe Russia. I can't understand a single fucking thing they say.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Since I've been learning so many new languages, I can't seem to say English words borrowed from other languages right; I end up saying them in their native accents. For example, I say THaco instead of taco, and I say BOOrrrreeTHO instead of burrito, and that's just my Spanish. You should hear my Italian (SpagheTHee)lol...
th? like in the?
but taco isn't said thaco in spanish ? >~> i live in SD for gods sake so many taco shops and no one has ever said taco "thaco" in spanish.. wtF?

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Mmm, I love the new york/ jersey/ chicago accents. Idk why lol. I remember when I met this guy from NY, he was new around the area... I met him at my local mcd's. I heard him talk as he made his order as I was behind him and I was like: "why do I like the way you talk?" And he was all like: "I'm from NY, ever been there?" And of course we ended up having lunch together. He was like 20 something already. I digged the way he talks, such a thick accent lol.

One time I was at the main Borders in downtown long beach. I met his really pretty girl, and when I heard her talk, her british accent blew me away. :)
Thank god there was a starbucks accross the street to make up a perfect excuse of discussing the book she was reading while having some coffee lol.

And when I hear black people talk with their native african accent. I love that. You always hear black people talk like, "yo' whaddup? what's crackin,?!" I don't like that, half the time I don't even know what their saying cause they're talking all street. But when I get a native talking its such a lovely surprise. :)

I believe that's all;

I myself do not have an accent. I talk like your normal southern californian. I always talk like I'm really relaxed :)

naruto5

Perfect English sucks.

gee thanks i kinda do judge plp by accents but not racially or i hope not and am a arab american but since i was born in the usa i really dont have an accent but my friend can do a really good indian accent also i think plp from boston hav a wierdesh accent but since am from NY i really wouldnt kno

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I love British, Indian, Asian, Irish, and New York accents. I just like the way they sound. Probaly because I just have a normal American accent, and there isn`t really anything special about it.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I myself do not have an accent. I talk like your normal southern californian. I always talk like I'm really relaxed :)

EVERYONE has an accent. I thought for the longest time people from Michigan didn't have an accent, but that's not true either :p. No one speaks in a way where it is impossible to decipher the region you come from ;D

Also I agree with you on the native African accent. I think its charming :)

B

BloodRose

Okay I sounds to myslef like I don't have an accent, but to guys it would sound so but you guys to yourself you don't think you have an accent but im like woah you speak different to me. How weird is that?
I like american accents xD
Im a weird person I actually change my voice to who Im talking to. If i were talking to my friends im just my normal monotone voice if im speaking to someone i dont know My voice gets high and really girly and when i'd talk to my american art teacher apparently i put on an american accent...so yerh =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back