• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Love Interest for RIku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Romance is already in Kingdom Hearts, lol. It's foolish to pretend it isn't. Aside from the huge amounts of it just on the Disney side, it is silly to pretend that Sora/Kairi isn't loaded with intentional romantic imagery, regardless of how someone personally feels about them as a pairing.

Did you really expect something else?
Lol, some people go out of their way to just introduce additional characters into the series as love interests in order to have more arguments against same-sex relationships.
I didn't really expect for something else. I hoped for something else.

If Riku would really need a love interest so badly, why not have him hook up with Tidus, Zack or Terra for example?
I can think of a lot of reasons why that would be a terrible idea, lol.

SephirothZ

the truth is out there

let me reiterate; we. dont. need. romance. in. kingdom. hearts.

YOU. dont. need. romance. in. kingdom. hearts.
Most fans WANT some type of romance in Kingdom Hearts, and we have already gotten it. You seem to think romance has to be the center of attention. Kingdom Hearts can still have romance without changing what Kingdom Hearts is about.

Guys, there wont be a homosexual relationship in Kingdom Hearts, its not gonna happen... lol, Its Disney.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Most fans WANT some type of romance in Kingdom Hearts, and we have already gotten it. You seem to think romance has to be the center of attention. Kingdom Hearts can still have romance without changing what Kingdom Hearts is about.

Guys, there wont be a homosexual relationship in Kingdom Hearts, its not gonna happen... lol, Its Disney.

Source ?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The world is changing, guys. Heteronormativity is not the standard anymore, and it only remains a constant currently because people were never given the chance to think beyond the limitations of their society's expectations until now.

Parents/family and romance. These are like the two things people discuss a lot when neither has ever been about family despite the lack of family relations (bar pseudo/adoptive relationships) or romance regardless of the romantic underpinnings of certain interactions and Disney aspects.

Honestly, I love romantic stories but Kingdom Hearts is the one series I am so staunchly against seeing it (besides hinted crushes) in because we have so few stories in media that focus on friendship. They almost always include romance, and it is unhealthy to cultivate a society that feeds into the idea that happiness is obtained only through the love of a partner. Kingdom Hearts is that one series I can escape to for some freedom from it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I didn't really expect for something else. I hoped for something else.

I can think of a lot of reasons why that would be a terrible idea, lol.

I see, well for some diverse representation there would be no need to introduce a new character just to provide a love interest.

Eh, I was just rattling down some possible examples that literally came into my mind at that moment, not actually suggesting serious ships, lol.

That first sentence can be all too easily bounced back at you as well as this "most fans want a romance", as that sounds like a presumptuous assumption on your part.
The statement that there definitely won't be a non-heterosexual relationship at all is also not an ounce better in that regard.

Awards
The world is changing, guys. Heteronormativity is not the standard anymore, and it only remains a constant currently because people were never given the chance to think beyond the limitations of their society's expectations until now.

Parents/family and romance. These are like the two things people discuss a lot when neither has ever been about family despite the lack of family relations (bar pseudo/adoptive relationships) or romance regardless of the romantic underpinnings of certain interactions and Disney aspects.

Honestly, I love romantic stories but Kingdom Hearts is the one series I am so staunchly against seeing it (besides hinted crushes) in because we have so few stories in media that focus on friendship. They almost always include romance, and it is unhealthy to cultivate a society that feeds into the idea that happiness is obtained only through the love of a partner. Kingdom Hearts is that one series I can escape to for some freedom from it.
So exactly what are you trying to state here. The complexity of your statement isn't contributing to any comprehension.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So exactly what are you trying to state here. The complexity of your statement isn't contributing to any comprehension.

Complex? It's a pretty basic 3 paragraphs.

First thought: The world is changing. Being straight isn't the default. In the coming years, it will be more accepted to not be straight.

Second thought: Y'all tend to get too focused on parents and romance. If there are two things this series tends to not push, it is family and romance.

Third thought: I love romance but besides crushes, I don't really want to see it in Kingdom Hearts because I use Kingdom Hearts to escape romance in other games/movies/shows. It's not healthy to focus on family and romance in media all of the time when life is made up of more than those two things. Sometimes friends and platonic love are important and sometimes we don't need to have romance in everything.

Awards
Complex? It's a pretty basic 3 paragraphs.

First thought: The world is changing. Being straight isn't the default. In the coming years, it will be more accepted to not be straight.

Second thought: Y'all tend to get too focused on parents and romance. If there are two things this series tends to not push, it is family and romance.

Third thought: I love romance but besides crushes, I don't really want to see it in Kingdom Hearts because I use Kingdom Hearts to escape romance in other games/movies/shows. It's not healthy to focus on family and romance in media all of the time when life is made up of more than those two things. Sometimes friends and platonic love are important and sometimes we don't need to have romance in everything.

So, on your first thought, are you implying that Riku should be......the G word?!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

who are most fans? i have talked to hundred of KH fans and there are very few who adamantly wanted romance. its a kids video game series, just because a boy and a girl are friends don't mean they fuckin.

no hetero.

Awards
who are most fans? i have talked to hundred of KH fans and there are very few who adamantly wanted romance. its a kids video game series, just because a boy and a girl are friends don't mean they diddlyin.

no hetero.

Yes hetero. Lots of it. More hetero.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sigh. Guys the topic wasn't romance in the series as a whole it was just focused on Riku.

Why does every thread with similar topics lead to these endless and tired debates?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
*cough*
I'd actually board the Riku x Aqua train any second.
But I really don't need or want any kind of romance in the games.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
So, on your first thought, are you implying that Riku should be......the G word?!
Yes hetero. Lots of it. More hetero.
tumblr_o12h8v7ltC1ugvzu5o1_540.jpg

Sigh. Guys the topic wasn't romance in the series as a whole it was just focused on Riku.

Why does every thread with similar topics lead to these endless and tired debates?
It's not like they are unrelated. The topic of a love interest for Riku naturally expands to "should there be love interests at all" which definitely informs what someone would think about the topic of Riku having a love interest. They're connected. It's natural for discussions to expand.
*cough*
I'd actually board the Riku x Aqua train any second.
But I really don't need or want any kind of romance in the games.
Honestly I don't think it'd be appropriate for any of the TAV trio to be romantically involved with SRK.

redcrown

Awards
*cough*
I'd actually board the Riku x Aqua train any second..

eh no. That would be a weird because Aqua knows Riku as a little boy from the islands. When they meet I expect their dynamic to be older mentoring sibling to Riku, as Aqua and Terra will be with the rest of the destiny trio. Adding romance to that would be kinda uncomfortable

That said I can easily see Aqua x Terra, especially from Aqua's part.

But back to the topic, I agree with romance for Riku at this point would derail from his character and the friendship theme, especially because Riku just recently reunited with everyone in story time. If it happens they should save it for another saga, but I don't want it forced, to develop way too rushed for the sake of having romance, or a new character to be made solely just to be his love interest (if there's a trend I hate in fiction it's this one).

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Quasimodo: Master Frollo--he made me live inside the bell tower, but the real walls were the ones I built around my heart. You helped me see that,
Riku.

(Riku clenches his fist slowly and Quasimodo notices)

Riku: I was...speaking from...personal experience.

Phoebus: I'd say you still keep a lot locked inside.

Esmeralda: We all do that sometimes. There are just some things we need
to keep separate from the world at large, at least until we have time to
figure them out.

(She smiles at Riku, who nods. Later, Riku thinks to himself)

Riku: I know the road my heart walks.
remember when KH3D set up Riku's Coming Out arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back