• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider's D23 Japan 2018 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's the most magical time of a Disney fans year. The D23 Expo means a lot for fans of Disney's current and upcoming slate of movies, merchandise, and more as attendees get to experience first-hand just what exactly Disney has up their sleeves.

Disney and Square Enix have a Kingdom Hearts Fan Event planned for February 10th 2018 at 4pm JST. The event will run for 80 minutes, and the English Kingdom Hearts Twitter and Instagram accounts have teased the event. 

This article serves as a home base for little nuggets of Kingdom Hearts and D23 news that will roll out over the course of the event. All time stamps will be in JST.

February 10th

5:34pm JST - Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song was announced. Utada Hikaru returns with new song "Don't Think Twice".

5:30pm JST - A Kingdom Hearts 3 Mickey Mouse medal  was announced for Kingdom Hearts Union X.

5:18pm JST - The Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer was released online.

5:05pm JST - Kingdom Hearts 3's release date will be announced at E3 2018.

4:52pm JST - A collaboration between Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Kingdom Hearts Union X was announced.

4:42pm JST - Monsters Inc was officially announced as a Kingdom Hearts world.

3:45pm JST - Hollie from Playstation Access has a press pass to the Kingdom Hearts event!

3:42pm JST - Fans are currently being seated for the Kingdom Hearts Premium Theatre event (via rote_punkt, @724Jd)

12:34pm JST - Merchandise sold at D23 is confirmed to be publicly released at a later date (via @kh_primavera)

11:54am JST - A closer look at more Kingdom Hearts merchandise, such as various Organisation Mickey items and a Kingdom Hearts cup (via @kk1104miyaCandD)

11:50am JST - Kingdom Hearts masking tapes sold at D23 Expo (via @kh_xemnyan930)

11:11am JST - Kingdom Hearts Nokkari Rubber Clips are for sale (via @Aros_evoL)

10:41am JST - The Kingdom Hearts canvas prints are for sale (via @Aros_evoL)

10:13am JST - Kingdom Hearts canvas prints are on display (via @kingdom29714194)

10:13am JST - A Mickey Mouse wash cloth is on sale at D23 Expo. Features Mickey Mouse with his iconic Star Seeker Keyblade! (via @naxkia)

9:58am JST - The Sora statue guards the Kingdom Hearts photo spot! Scan the code to unlock a photo border! (via @yuuna_kisaragi)

9:46am JST - A quick look at the Kingdom Hearts 3 Bring Arts which has been signed by Tetsuya Nomura! (via @ArikaMiz)

9:41am JST - The official Disney D23 Twitter account confirms there will be NO LIVESTREAM for the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event.

9:17am JST - The official Disney D23 Twitter account tweets an image of the special D23 Expo floor.

9:04am JST - @toondaysjp tweets images of the D23 exclusive Kingdom Hearts watches.

9:04am JST - Secret Honey will be selling their Kingdom Hearts coats at D23 (via @hjrrysu5290)

8:51am JST -  Various Kingdom Hearts merchandise is on display at D23, including the Shadow Heartless plush, Meow Wow figure, Keychains and more (via @25_465disneyyuki)

8:44am JST - @124Shuya tweets a close look at the Kingdom Hearts merchandise on sale at D23 Expo.

8:20am JST - @MoonCosmicChaos tweets that the Kingdom Hearts Proplica Keyblade and Kingdom Hearts SH Figuarts are on display at D23.

8:06am JST - An email was sent to participants at D23 saying that photography during parts of the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event will be permitted. Please see forum post #23 for more details (via ArikaMiz)

7:00am JST - The Official Kingdom Hearts Union X account for the Global version of the game announces a D23 retweet competition.

February 9th

12:12pm JST - The official English Kingdom Hearts Twitter account tweets a cryptic message that hints at Kingdom Hearts 3 information coming at the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event.

Image Gallery

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: KHInsider's D23 Japan 2018 Coverage!

It is confirmed that there will be NO LIVESTREAM. Please prepare yourself accordingly.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

maybe they dont want some of the stuff to get out

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Got-daamnit, damnit all to hell!!! Why won't they do a livestream?!
Because it's been advertised since last July that the contents of the KH event will have stuff that remains exclusive to that audience. It makes sense to not live stream the event, otherwise that content wouldn't remain exclusive.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

I'm hoping someone can give us a closer look at the new exclusive merch! We only really have a good look at the Mickey towel and plate, but what is on the shelf between them? Is it a tote bag?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Edit: Also interested in whatever was in the tray with the chibi Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. And is that washi tape in the corner?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

-Fancy dragoon-

I understand all that . It just doesn't make since to keep things your planning on telling the public secret from the rest of the public when they know people hate that. I mean it doesn't bother me but I just hope they don't give the rest of the world the middle finger, and give us a small ass tidbit. I'm not being ungrateful either; its just(I think) would be real nice courtesy to show everyone, especially those who are fans from the beginning that cant make it, ya know?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I understand all that . It just doesn't make since to keep things your planning on telling the public secret from the rest of the public when they know people hate that. I mean it doesn't bother me but I just hope they don't give the rest of the world the middle finger, and give us a small ass tidbit. I'm not being ungrateful either; its just(I think) would be real nice courtesy to show everyone, especially those who are fans from the beginning that cant make it, ya know?
We have major hints from Square Enix North America that KH3 news will be released globally. But last D23 Japan had exclusive videos that were just for the event itself. It is expected that most of the content will remain private, but important information will be released.

Edit: god these costumes are just gorgeous

900w-600h_020918_Japan-Expo-Archives-Exhibit-9.jpg

900w-600h_020918_Japan-Expo-Archives-Exhibit-10.jpg

900w-600h_020918_Japan-Expo-Archives-Exhibit-4.jpg

kingsoraful

Awards

I just hope they release a trailer after it premieres at D23.

Sdog

Awards

It is confirmed that there will be NO LIVESTREAM. Please prepare yourself accordingly.

Was expected. I'll still be up fangirlin over every last tweet that possibly comes out of it, no matter how ill translated.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Oh is this happening already.

All I care about is the trailer, Japan can keep everything else.

They really ought to be livestreaming everything* at this point for marketing, though. The game releases this year. If there's exclusive content, just don't show it during the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back