• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

20 KH Mysteries Solved! Sort of.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
and what's being said is just as simple. I can wield a sword, it doesn't make me a swordsman though :/

i can be a chosen hero who uses a sword in the future, doesn't make me a swordsman right off the bat.

Thats a nice analogy but.......
Q5: Why was Riku chosen as the original wielder of the keyblade?
A: Because he was chosen by Terra to inherit.

To use a keyblade you must have been chosen to inherit as well as been chosen by the keyblade itself. In BbS you could see that Terra performed the ceremony with Riku, and that is why Riku was able to take the keyblade that Sora used.

[picture: Little Riku and Terra]

Terra looks at Riku as he performs the inheritance ceremony.

[picture: Little Riku looks at a door with a keyhole.]

Because he has been chosen to inherit, Riku can see the keyholes of the world.

BOO YAA!!!!!!
kairis%20keyblade.jpg

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Yeah, and the keyblade didn't choose Riku, it chose Sora. Riku developed his own keyblade afterward

Are you an idiot? The KK chose Riku at first then switched to Sora. After that Riku wielded the Soul Eater.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Yeah, and in the end the keyblade didn't choose Riku, it chose Sora. Riku developed his own keyblade afterward

Are you an idiot? The KK chose Riku at first then switched to Sora. After that Riku wielded the Soul Eater.

The Keyblade chose Riku, but Sora intercepted it.
Riku later reclaimed it as his, but the KK chose Sora when his heart was stronger.
Confirmed.

Riku used Soul Eater as an intermediary to obtain the Way to Dawn, though the two are interchangeable as Riku sees no difference.

Confirmed.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

Riku wielded the Soul Eater way before the KK went to him. The only reason it went to Riku was because that keyblade was originally his, but it chose Sora because he had a stronger heart. It wasn't until then that Keyblade was completely Sora's. The point is still, the Keyblade chose Sora, and in the first meeting in Hollow Bastion before reaching the castle Riku simply summoned the keyblade because again, he was the original master of it.

To use a keyblade you must have been chosen to inherit as well as been chosen by the keyblade itself

Obsidian

I'm kinda confused now... So Riku turned his Soul Eater into a Keyblade because of the combination of his heart getting stronger, being chosen by Terra and not having the one that Sora took from him right?

I thought the mystery surrounding Sora was that no one chose him to wield (besides the Keyblade itself) which meant that he shouldn't be able to, since apparently you have to have consent of both a master and the Keyblade itself.

Or I guess an easy way out is Keyblade's will > Master's will?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I'm kinda confused now... So Riku turned his Soul Eater into a Keyblade because of the combination of his heart getting stronger, being chosen by Terra and not having the one that Sora took from him right?

I thought the mystery surrounding Sora was that no one chose him to wield (besides the Keyblade itself) which meant that he shouldn't be able to, since apparently you have to have consent of both a master and the Keyblade itself.

the first reason Nomura gave for wielding a keyblade was having a strong heart. This is likely due to the fact that the first person to use one, was not chosen by a master, but by other means, and so the heart would be the most probable answer.

In Another Report he also said there are less obvious reasons which he gave in this interview.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

There's another easy way out: Sora's got Ven inside his heart, which replicated whatever effect touching the Keyblade of a Master would have.

Mega

When Kairi touched Aqua's Keyblade, the keyblade of a master, she became a potential wielder.

there are quite a few variables to consider here,

like black said, aqua is actually a Master. (unlike Terra or ven, SRK)

another thing is Kairi is a princess of heart, i dont want to invest a shitton in this but its possible its worth something. (now i honestly dont know if kairi was born a poh which i would just assume, but i dont see how you would "become" a poh later on so i feel its safe to say she was one at age 5 or whatever.)

Add in the radient garden scene and its curtins

and with half the garbage thats come out of nomuras mouth the past few weeks i dont see why this combination wouldn't be enough to allow kairi to wield.

(on a personal note kairi with a keyblade = thumbs down)

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Thats a nice analogy but.......

BOO YAA!!!!!!
kairis%20keyblade.jpg

After KH1 when Sora claimed Riku's Keyblade because the keyblade chose Sora, stay with me :), Riku was still able to use keyblades despite not having his own anymore, need an example Roxas' Oblivion and Xion's Kingdom Key. He had no keyblade of his own, he used Soul Eater, thus having no keyblade he was technically not a wielder of the keyblade since he had no keyblade to wield :), still with me? good job! Anyway Riku still being able to use keyblade was not considered a keyblade wielder until he got his own keyblade Way to Dawn, thus gaining WIELDER STATUS! Hooray!!

Want me to dumb it down for you there? Kairi is in the same boat as Riku post Hollow Bastion and pre World that Never Was, she can use a keyblade, doesn't have one yet her self so she is not technically a wielder since she doesn't have anything to wield. Very good! You did it! It feels good to help a dumbass.

Last edited:

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
After KH1 when Sora claimed Riku's Keyblade because the keyblade chose Sora, stay with me :), Riku was still able to use keyblades despite not having his own anymore, need an example Roxas' Oblivion and Xion's Kingdom Key. He had no keyblade of his own, he used Soul Eater, thus having no keyblade he was technically not a wielder of the keyblade since he had no keyblade to wield :), still with me? good job! Anyway Riku still being able to use keyblade was not considered a keyblade wielder until he got his own keyblade Way to Dawn, thus gaining WIELDER STATUS! Hooray!!

Want me to dumb it down for you there? Kairi is in the same boat as Riku post Hollow Bastion and pre World that Never Was, she can use a keyblade, doesn't have one yet her self so she is not technically a wielder since she doesn't have anything to wield. Very good! You did it! It feels good to help a dumbass.
She is a potential wielder. A "chosen one" as you can say.(or in her can the accidental chosen one cause Aqua can't learn to keep hold of her Keyblade all the damn time.) Terra chose Riku, so that is what make him "chosen one", which make him will ultimately give him a keyblade. Riku had his Awakening which gave him a keyblade. And the reason that I think it resembles Soul Eater is because he favored it so much(might be a bullshit explanation though. So all Kairi needs to do is have Awakening, and BOOM!!! Another Keyblade wielder.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Really it all depends on how you define a wielder. Some of the guys here say being able to hold a keyblade and use it without it warping away counts as being a wielder while others say unless you have a keyblade of your own your not a wielder so its a matter of a opinion. no need to keep on going about this until Nomura graces us with his presence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back