• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

14th member seems pointless; spoilers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnbornLegacy358

I agree with WilliamtheWise. owo Nobodies were never mentioned in KH1, and they decided to include them in Kingdom Hearts. Just like Xion, she was never mentioned, yet she was included in the series. The Nobodies in a way stole part of the limelight from the heartless in KH2, and Xion can but to explain about the Organization that Roxas didn't.
Xion's keyblade is rumored to be a fake.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Okay, don't get me wrong. 358/2 days seems like a much needed and interesting game to the series. I just think that the whole concept of a 14th members is completely unnecessary for a few reasons.
I dont, makes things interesting.

First, she was not a necessary piece of the overall story. Unlike Birth by Sleep which is going to answer questions already presented in the series, Xion is something just thrown in to grab our attention.
She is the reason roxas leaves the organization.

There were never any hints at a 14th member in the others game meaning that she was just thrown in and was never a true part of the story from the start. She is not mentioned or even hinted at in the other games, making her inclusion in the story pretty lame and unnecessary.
Not unless she is an important key to soras awakening.

It's also just taking away from the character of Roxas. I would just preferred a game on Roxas time in the organization and why he left, but now all that seems to matter is "Who is Xion".
Seems to me she is around only for a short time. Roxas adventure has xion in it and xion rubs off on roxas.

I don't really care because she had no role in the other games and everyone has just seemed to forget her. I would have preferred for more time being spent on the relationships between the members like what prompted Marluxia and Larxene to conspire and maby even reveal the origins of the other members. Instead the whole game seems to focus one character that has no bearing on the later games and distracts from more interesting questions which are more pivotal to the core of the main storyline.
Some question shouldnt be answered just left up to imagination in my opinion.
Overall, I just think Xion was thrown in and Nomura is just making up several situations to explain why she didn't appear later. What's the piont is she's not mentioned again? I'm just interested in the actual Organization XIII.

Uh VAT isnt mentioned again or DS so not a good arguement.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I agree with WilliamtheWise. owo Nobodies were never mentioned in KH1, and they decided to include them in Kingdom Hearts. Just like Xion, she was never mentioned, yet she was included in the series. The Nobodies in a way stole part of the limelight from the heartless in KH2, and Xion can but to explain about the Organization that Roxas didn't.
Xion's keyblade is rumored to be a fake.

1. But if you even pay attention in KH1, you'd ask yourself 'where does the body go?' Those smart enough to realize, knew there were nobodies long before KH1 was over.
2. Xion's Keyblade is fake.

Avens

I just think that the whole concept of a 14th members is completely unnecessary for a few reasons. First, she was not a necessary piece of the overall story.

Xion specifically? No, her character isn't necessary, however, there needed to be a new Organization Member. My personal view is that Xemnas suspected there was a traitor/ traitors, and as such, needed someone to fill the empty thrones once he/she/they were taken care of... hence Xion, and the reason the name was never changed to Organization XV. Certain events made this transition impossible. Additionally, this new member needed to be gone by KH2 for the obvious reasons, and so they made a plot around it.

Xion herself isn't necessary, I think, but there needed to be someone to take the place.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
If Nomura decided to include her, he must have a good reason. I think that Xion will have a big effect in future plots.

Awards
Not really
Which is my point. Days is a clear example that would fit such a bill.

Or by being created she creates more chances to see who the organization really was. In ways that Roxas could never bring out.
No. The only way you're going to see what Character A (such as an Organization member) "really" is/was is through Character A, not indirectly through a Character B like Xion. You see what they say, not what others say about them.

One could argue that Xion might be the situation through which we see the characters of the other Organization members. For instance, the actions of Xion might compel one member to do one thing while another does something else, which would implicate certain things about their own motives, desires, etc.

But that's all wrong. First and foremost, Xion is not needed for that. You don't need a new filler character to create scenarios in which character development is seen. Just the fact that there are 13 members interacting with a supposedly common plan is enough. And second, that is not the route they are taking with Xion anyway. It should be clear that they aren't putting her on the back burners, she's going to be one of, if not the, most prominent character in the game. We're going to be finding out "Who Xion is" and we can see that a lot of the emphasis is going to go towards her struggle to answer that. So, undue emphasis will be placed on her, not on the other Organization members who clearly need it more.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Xion specifically? No, her character isn't necessary, however, there needed to be a new Organization Member. My personal view is that Xemnas suspected there was a traitor/ traitors, and as such, needed someone to fill the empty thrones once he/she/they were taken care of... hence Xion, and the reason the name was never changed to Organization XV.

No. I'm pretty sure it was because of her Keyblade.

UnbornLegacy358

@Karate: Oh, i'm sorry for not being smart, then. .___.

Well, whatever the reason Xion was included, it should be a good one, like Pheonex_Xion said, they wouldn't include her just to throw her in. owo

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
why are there so many people viewing this thread

No. The only way you're going to see what Character A (such as an Organization member) "really" is/was is through Character A, not indirectly through a Character B like Xion. You see what they say, not what others say about them.

One could argue that Xion might be the situation through which we see the characters of the other Organization members. For instance, the actions of Xion might compel one member to do one thing while another does something else, which would implicate certain things about their own motives, desires, etc.

But that's all wrong. First and foremost, Xion is not needed for that. You don't need a new filler character to create scenarios in which character development is seen. Just the fact that there are 13 members interacting with a supposedly common plan is enough. And second, that is not the route they are taking with Xion anyway. It should be clear that they aren't putting her on the back burners, she's going to be one of, if not the, most prominent character in the game. We're going to be finding out "Who Xion is" and we can see that a lot of the emphasis is going to go towards her struggle to answer that. So, undue emphasis will be placed on her, not on the other Organization members who clearly need it more.

Also, the guy has a point. I don't hate Xion or anything (yet), but she might indeed take away the spotlight from other Org. XIII characters who might have finally gotten a chance to get some development.

DarknessofHearts

Okay the scenario that she's the reason Roxas left is as invented as her character. Roxas could've left because they were bad and he saw what they were doing to other people such as beast. If she is reason why Roxas left the organization, he sure didn't mention it. All he said was that he needed to know why the keyblade choose him and all the other members don't even mention Xion. If her role in this game left no marks later, then what is the point? It is further testament that Xion was never a part of the story until recently this year. And many claim that Nomura wouldn't put her in if she's not important. Nomura is a fine person I'm sure but we all have to remember that the guy also needs to make money. Adding a mystery like this one compels people to buy this game even more. And what are you talking about nobodies are not seen in Kingdom Hearts 1. The secret trailer in that game featured a nobody and TONS of quotes that showed up in later games. It was actually Roxas in that trailer and therefore he did not just come out of nowhere as Xion has.

Awards
Also, the guy has a point. I don't hate Xion or anything (yet), but she might indeed take away the spotlight from other Org. XIII characters who might have finally gotten a chance to get some development.

Yes, to get things straight so there aren't any misconceptions, I am not ragging on Xion. I don't have any predispositions about hating (or liking) her.

As far as I know, she could be a great character. But that doesn't matter in light of the fact that, when you get down to it, she's unnecessary. I have an open mind in approaching her character, but the device of throwing her character into the loop is just something I entirely disagree with.

keybladelegacy

Website
I guess this is pointed at me.
Okay the scenario that she's the reason Roxas left is as invented as her character.
Well I dont know,(sarcastic) its explaining why roxas left in the first place.

Roxas could've left because they were bad and he saw what they were doing to other people such as beast.
Uh...He did what the organization asked of him. So it took him almost a year to figuire out their bad um i would think not.

If she is reason why Roxas left the organization, he sure didn't mention it. All he said was that he needed to know why the keyblade choose him and all the other members don't even mention Xion.
I surely think that everyone forgets her. But even so when an organization member dies they dont really care.

If her role in this game left no marks later, then what is the point? It is further testament that Xion was never a part of the story until recently this year.
Her part could also be the secrets of the RoA

And many claim that Nomura wouldn't put her in if she's not important. Nomura is a fine person I'm sure but we all have to remember that the guy also needs to make money. Adding a mystery like this one compels people to buy this game even more.
Even so xion is a big influence on roxas and his actions. Her trying to find who she is. Might make roxas wonder why do i wield this keyblade who am i.

tdc456

What is wrong with you people?
Xion is just part of the story.
Don't question Nomura. He will smite thee.
I doubt that any of you thought that way about her till this guy started this thread.
Most of you are just following the crowd.
Just accept that she exists and look forward to the new games.

keybladelegacy

Website
What is wrong with you people?
Xion is just part of the story.
Don't question Nomura. He will smite thee.

Mid-evil century.
I doubt that any of you thought that way about her till this guy started this thread.
Just accept that she exists and look forward to the new games.
Well if you think about it their was nothing pointing to a fourteenth member.

tdc456

No one can really question anything at this point becasue we know nothing about her.
She could have more to do with the story than any of us would ever guess.

Papou

As soon as the trailer was released for this game, there were people who didn't like Xion or her inclusion in the story. Whether or not that's justifiable is up to you.

And even if someone didn't feel that way about Xion until reading this thread, that doesn't make their feelings about Xion mean less. You're making assumptions about how people feel about Xion and you're saying that they shouldn't change their feelings on her by learning other people's opinions.

Just accept that she exists and look forward to the new games

You're right. Let's just close down the thread. While we're at it, let's close down the entire section.

No one can really question anything at this point becasue we know nothing about her.
She could have more to do with the story than any of us would ever guess.

We may not know her origins and her story but I think the trailers have told us enough about her character for us to form some sort of opinion on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back