• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

14th member seems pointless; spoilers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarknessofHearts

Okay, don't get me wrong. 358/2 days seems like a much needed and interesting game to the series. I just think that the whole concept of a 14th members is completely unnecessary for a few reasons. First, she was not a necessary piece of the overall story. Unlike Birth by Sleep which is going to answer questions already presented in the series, Xion is something just thrown in to grab our attention. There were never any hints at a 14th member in the others game meaning that she was just thrown in and was never a true part of the story from the start. She is not mentioned or even hinted at in the other games, making her inclusion in the story pretty lame and unnecessary.

It's also just taking away from the character of Roxas. I would just preferred a game on Roxas time in the organization and why he left, but now all that seems to matter is "Who is Xion". I don't really care because she had no role in the other games and everyone has just seemed to forget her. I would have preferred for more time being spent on the relationships between the members like what prompted Marluxia and Larxene to conspire and maby even reveal the origins of the other members. Instead the whole game seems to focus one character that has no bearing on the later games and distracts from more interesting questions which are more pivotal to the core of the main storyline. Overall, I just think Xion was thrown in and Nomura is just making up several situations to explain why she didn't appear later. What's the piont is she's not mentioned again? I'm just interested in the actual Organization XIII.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Okay, don't get me wrong. 358/2 days seems like a much needed and interesting game to the series. I just think that the whole concept of a 14th members is completely unnecessary for a few reasons.

First, she was not a necessary piece of the overall story.
Apparently she is important enough to be introduced. And her story could alter the direction the KH plot moves.
Unlike Birth by Sleep which is going to answer questions already presented in the series, Xion is something just thrown in to grab our attention.
There were never any hints at a 14th member in the others game meaning that she was just thrown in and was never a true part of the story from the start. She is not mentioned or even hinted at in the other games, making her inclusion in the story pretty lame and unnecessary.
The fact she wasn't hinted makes her stranger and add a new angle to an already complex story.

It's also just taking away from the character of Roxas. I would just preferred a game on Roxas time in the organization and why he left, but now all that seems to matter is "Who is Xion".
Did it ever cross your mind that Xion may have played a role in why he left? The reason she's so interesting is because we know nothing about her.

I don't really care because she had no role in the other games and everyone has just seemed to forget her. I would have preferred for more time being spent on the relationships between the members like what prompted Marluxia and Larxene to conspire and maby even reveal the origins of the other members.
And what's wrong with adding a new character along with answers to these question?

Instead the whole game seems to focus one character that has no bearing on the later games and distracts from more interesting questions which are more pivotal to the core of the main storyline. Overall, I just think Xion was thrown in and Nomura is just making up several situations to explain why she didn't appear later. What's the piont is she's not mentioned again? I'm just interested in the actual Organization XIII.
You seem to thing Xion is the main character, when she isn't. Roxas is still the star.

UnbornLegacy358

I really like Xion, even though we don't know too much about her. And that's the good thing. Yet another character that adds yet another mystery to Kingdom Hearts. owo But oh well, that's your opinion. Roxas is the main star of Days, not Xion. She's a key character, but she's not the star. And she also answers some questions to the game, I think, and there's plenty of theories about her, which make people want the game even more because it's so interesting and mysterious since we don't know that much about it.

Papou

The fact that she left no traces in KH2 makes her existence obsolete, I agree that she's pointless.

It's almost as if this game is trying to fill in plot holes that never existed. I would be happier if Xarmy weren't in this game at all because it looks like all she's doing is detracting from characters that actually matter to the future games.

WilliamTheWise

Website
The fact that she left no traces in KH2 makes her existence obsolete, I agree that she's important to the plot.

It's almost as if this game is trying to fill in plot holes that never existed. I would be happier if Xarmy weren't in this game at all because it looks like all she's doing is detracting from characters that actually matter.
Are you talking about Xion? Because I don't know who Xarmy is...

Papou

The fact she wasn't hinted makes her stranger and add a new angle to an already complex story.
The fact that there was no foreshadowing to her story and no traces of it after it ended makes it seem out of place.

Did it ever cross your mind that Xion may have played a role in why he left? The reason she's so interesting is because we know nothing about her.
Sueeeee.

And what's wrong with adding a new character along with answers to these question?]
Just her behavior in the trailers was obnoxious. She's one of the most blatant Sues I've ever seen. It's obviously subjective whether she's annoying or not, but a lot of people feel that she is.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Okay, don't get me wrong. 358/2 days seems like a much needed and interesting game to the series. I just think that the whole concept of a 14th members is completely unnecessary for a few reasons. First, she was not a necessary piece of the overall story. Unlike Birth by Sleep which is going to answer questions already presented in the series, Xion is something just thrown in to grab our attention. There were never any hints at a 14th member in the others game meaning that she was just thrown in and was never a true part of the story from the start. She is not mentioned or even hinted at in the other games, making her inclusion in the story pretty lame and unnecessary.

It's also just taking away from the character of Roxas. I would just preferred a game on Roxas time in the organization and why he left, but now all that seems to matter is "Who is Xion". I don't really care because she had no role in the other games and everyone has just seemed to forget her. I would have preferred for more time being spent on the relationships between the members like what prompted Marluxia and Larxene to conspire and maby even reveal the origins of the other members. Instead the whole game seems to focus one character that has no bearing on the later games and distracts from more interesting questions which are more pivotal to the core of the main storyline. Overall, I just think Xion was thrown in and Nomura is just making up several situations to explain why she didn't appear later. What's the piont is she's not mentioned again? I'm just interested in the actual Organization XIII.

this

UnbornLegacy358

Xion matters, in a way. She leaves mysteries in the theories between the connections of her and Kairi or Aqua. owo
It's good to have a new character to the series, and she really isn't getting all the attention from the others. owo There's plenty of Roxas and the other organization members, I don't think we even know if she's playable, amirite?
@Papou: It's only the trailer. >____> The game hasn't been released, so we really don't even know half of what happens with her in the game, so we can't really decide how she is from one trailer.

Awards

Fillers are lovely, aren't they?

Apparently she is important enough to be introduced. And her story could alter the direction the KH plot moves.
She's important enough to be introduced because the developers made it so. They could have made ten new characters to introduce, all of which they would make somehow important. Or no new characters at all.

And what's wrong with adding a new character along with answers to these question?
Is essentially what the topic is about.

You seem to thing Xion is the main character, when she isn't. Roxas is still the star.
I think the point is that, as a character thrown in by an act that reeks of filler, she's taking limelight from Roxas (and other Organization members) who probably need the character development more.

Papou

Are you talking about Xion? Because I don't know who Xarmy is...

Truth.

@Papou: It's only the trailer. >____> The game hasn't been released, so we really don't even know half of what happens with her in the game, so we can't really decide how she is from one trailer.

The trailer told me that she whines. A lot. And she seems to have captured the attention of half the characters in this game.

Last edited:

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Ehhh, I don't really like Xion much either, I only care about the other members. But she does matter...I don't like her because she's taking away the spotlight from other members who need to be developed.

Last edited:

WilliamTheWise

Website
The fact that there was no foreshadowing to her story and no traces of it after it ended makes it seem out of place.
Sort of like Roxas being created even thought nobodies are never mentioned in KH1.

What?

Just her behavior in the trailers was obnoxious. She's one of the most blatant Sues I've ever seen. It's obviously subjective whether she's annoying or not, but a lot of people feel that she is.
What did she do in that trailer that was obnoxious? Whats a sue?

Fillers are lovely, aren't they?
Not really

I think the point is that, as a character thrown in by an act that reeks of filler, she's taking limelight from Roxas (and other Organization members) who probably need the character development more.
Or by being created she creates more chances to see who the organization really was. In ways that Roxas could never bring out.

Papou

She has a Keyblade....

Makes me want to puke.

I'm just going to keep hoping that she's not a legitimate wielder. Yay for childlike irrationality! But it does seem weird that she also has KK. And that her keyblade flew into the ground and Riku just grabbed it and she didn't/couldn't retrieve it...

Sort of like Roxas being created even thought nobodies are never mentioned in KH1.

What did she do in that trailer that was obnoxious? Whats a sue?
Mary Sue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of her lines were delivered in a whiny way. She showed off her Sue-ness by running around with a keyblade and being fussed over by Axel and Riku and joining Org.XIII as No.XIV.

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I'm just going to keep hoping that she's not a legitimate wielder. Yay for childlike irrationality! But it does seem weird that she also has KK. And that her keyblade flew into the ground and Riku just grabbed it and she didn't/couldn't retrieve it...

she's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back