• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

14th member seems pointless; spoilers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
if Xion is kh3 related, i will think she will be important, but if she's just only related to this game only, then i wouldnt like it.

not even if she's BBS related aswell

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I personally blame the fandom for this.
I'm willing to put Munny all the Xion hate is due to 13 year olds writing fics in which they Self Insert themselves as the all powerful, all mysterious and dark yet adorable 14th member that steals Roxas's not-a-heart.
People should keep in mind this one's written by Watanabe though. If he's even capable of writing a Mary Sue, it'll be the best one yet.

Really. Wonder how everyone would've reacted had we been without those fanfics.

DarknessofHearts

If my memory serves me correctly Xion is even more dead than the other members. At least the other members were shown while Xion was not. So the argument that the others are dead so who cares is very weak.

Why would Birth by Sleep cover the origins of the first six members. First and all, Birth by Sleep seems to cover only the time period prior to Xehanort's appearance in Radiant Garden. There is no credible evidence to suggest the otherwise. Second, the first six are already known. We know who they are and what they did prior to being nobodies.

There are still plenty of others who we nothing about. As this game deals solely with the organization, it's a great chance to dwell deeper into their characters. I would love to know why Maluxia conspired against the organization or why Zexion, Vexen, and Lexeaus, have to bend to his whim in Castle Oblivion. Instead we get Xion who is just complicating asepcts that were already established. She in nothing more than an invention to get our attention and was not needed. I'm much more interested in characters who actually had an influence on the story and had very little revealed about them.

On a side note, Xion is probably just Sora's memories on Namine and Kairi combined. That is where her name comes from; I for KaIri, O for sOra, and N for Namine. Born of Sora's memories and having the combined appearance of Namine and Kairi. She was created from the fragments of his memories in Castle Oblivion, which is why she effects Sora's process on regaining his memory and also why she can use a keyblade. Sora's process stops because his memories are not complete and Riku is forced to find her. He is stunned at how much she looks like Kairi and Namine and convinces her to leave. Xion goes to the mansion to become complete but Axel tries to stop her because he is afraid Roxas will learn of Sora form the event. She defeats him and joins with Sora's memories again after meeting Namine.

She is a piece of his memory brought to life and in the end she disappears and goes back into Sora's mind. Like Sora the people who forgot Sora while he was sleeping, people forget who Xion is and therefore all the events she was involved with are altered to her not being there. Therefore it remains Organization XIII with no trace of Xion. Axel and Roxas remember her immediately after she disappears, but slowly forget. The effects of the Organization not caring stay though and Roxas felt betrayed by them. He soon forgets why but still has the memory of them being bad, whcih is one reason why he leaves. Therefore, Xion is indirectly a reason why Sora leaves.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If my memory serves me correctly Xion is even more dead than the other members. At least the other members were shown while Xion was not. So the argument that the others are dead so who cares is very weak.

Memory? We don't know what happened to her and why she disappeared, so how can you remember it?

Why would Birth by Sleep cover the origins of the first six members. First and all, Birth by Sleep seems to cover only the time period prior to Xehanort's appearance in Radiant Garden. There is no credible evidence to suggest the otherwise. Second, the first six are already known. We know who they are and what they did prior to being nobodies.

The six apprentices (five at the time, BBS is prior to Xehanort joining) are known because they're important, ever thought of that? Xigbar referenced TAV to Sora in KH2. Nomura confirmed that's who he meant. Terra and Ven are shown in Radiant Garden in the Great Maw or where not in the trailers.
Why shouldn't they show us the apprentices?

There are still plenty of others who we nothing about. As this game deals solely with the organization, it's a great chance to dwell deeper into their characters. I would love to know why Maluxia conspired against the organization or why Zexion, Vexen, and Lexeaus, have to bend to his whim in Castle Oblivion.

That was already explained though - at least the part of why they do his bidding. He was put in charge of the Castle. Said so in CoM itself. As for why, we just might get to see that, seeing how Days spans not only post-CoM timeline.

Instead we get Xion who is just complicating asepcts that were already established.

Or explaining things which were left untouched. Like the true reason why Sora's Memories took a whole year to repair when Namine managed to do a lot worse in seconds. And why Roxas ended up leaving the Org, which Nomura confirms Xion has to do with, and probably why Axel's the way he is in KH2.

She in nothing more than an invention to get our attention and was not needed. I'm much more interested in characters who actually had an influence on the story and had very little revealed about them.

I'm sorry, but Xion in the trailers alone had more importance than Demyx did in KH2.

On a side note, Xion is probably just Sora's memories on Namine and Kairi combined.

Xion was born before CoM, so that rules it out. At most she's influenced by those memories, but that means her existence is one we've yet to run into for that to be possible.

That is where her name comes from; I for KaIri, O for sOra, and N for Namine.

Oh please, do you even read what you write? Every single name with an X in the game has an anagram. I'd sooner go with X+Oni or X+Ino or X+Ion than this.
But I go with X+"No I".
What if the I was from RIku, the N was from LarxeNe and the O was from TrOn? Makes as much sense as what you said, and the Riku part actually ties in. Durr.

Born of Sora's memories and having the combined appearance of Namine and Kairi.

Joined before CoM. If you're gonna make a rant this long and offensive, at least make sure you've the facts to back them up.
If Xion's looks have anything to do with Sora's Memories, it was something that happened eventually, and she is not made up of them. She joined the Org before CoM ever started.

DarknessofHearts

If you find my post offensive, then I think your too into Kingdom Hearts for your own good. I was just making a post, there's no need to get so bent out of shape. Why don't you just grow up and just say you don't agree with me instead of having a sarcastic tone. I'm sorry I can't share my ideas without being attacked and or offending a bunch of fan boys.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If you find my post offensive, then I think your too into Kingdom Hearts for your own good. I was just making a post, there's no need to get so bent out of shape. Why don't you just grow up and just say you don't agree with me instead of having a sarcastic tone. I'm sorry I can't share my ideas without being attacked and or offending a bunch of fan boys.

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think you're far too self centered if you think I meant offensive personally.
You're attacking games and characters you know nothing about. It just makes you look silly.

Also, attacking me while not bothering to come up with anything against anything I said doesn't help your case :)

DarknessofHearts

Look I'm sorry, but I can't stand when people take a post about a video game as offensive. My theory is offensive? Sorry, but I had to respond back to that. I'm done here anyway.

Last edited:

graypeople

uhhhh yeah how can you even know if shes not important to the storyline, i think she has a lot to do with why roxas left. plus it adds a lot of complexity its just like when roxas entered the game and the whole nobodies thing added to the story

toon_roxas99

Poor Xion, 358/2 days isn't out yet and she's already being dissed.

As for there being no mention of her before Days. Don't think a XiVth member is pointless, but rather another puzzle for KH fans.

Papou

I personally blame the fandom for this.
I'm willing to put Munny all the Xion hate is due to 13 year olds writing fics in which they Self Insert themselves as the all powerful, all mysterious and dark yet adorable 14th member that steals Roxas's not-a-heart.
People should keep in mind this one's written by Watanabe though. If he's even capable of writing a Mary Sue, it'll be the best one yet.

Really. Wonder how everyone would've reacted had we been without those fanfics.

That's fair, but I had never even read a KH fanfiction before joining this site and I hadn't liked the idea of a 14th member ever since I saw the very first scans and stuff over a year ago. Xion just seems like the epitome of the stereotypical fanfic character as she has appeared so far. It's not so much that she shares things with that KH OC stereotype, it goes the other way around; those traits are the reason why those characters and Xion alike are (to me) so annoying, if that makes any sense. I'm having trouble wording this not to sound hypocritical or just totally senseless.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But that's the point.
You don't even know her.
You only know everything that wouldn't really matter about her. Not her story, not how she's really like, not any last bit of character development.
Conceptually I agree. A 14th member should never have existed.

She does. Let's at least give her the benefit of the doubt.

HeartlesGuardian

Agreed w/ Rain. Everyone is acting like we know EVERYTHING about Xion, when we've seen about 2 minutes worth of footage of her. Think of Riku. Take 2 minutes of random clips throughout Re:CoM. Do we know everything about Riku now? No we bloody don't. And we don't know ANYTHING about Xion

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Two random minutes of any character would make them seem highly cliche and redundant. It's either they'll choose only one supposedly symbolic side of that character, or just have them look kickass.
Neither really gives the character any insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back