• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~♥-[The Sora/Naminé Fanclub]-♥~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, but I mean I'd like to have seen them as childhood friends. There's a big difference if Namine was really a long-lost friend of Riku's, as opposed to being an ally that eventually becomes his friend. It changes the status of their relationship.

True, though it might not have made that much of a difference for the better. You know my stand about Riku's relationship with Kairi, after all.
It would be interesting to see though, I agree.

ROFL, you post that scene so many times, and it still makes me laugh!

:mad: I'm glad you find amusement in the one moment in KH2 I was looking forward to the most and they managed to ruin the most.

In that case, I'm glad I played KH2 first, or I might've gotten myself all excited and worked up over the Big Reunion that I would've expected to come.

Ah. I think I'm starting to see more where you liking Kairi so much comes from now. I'm not saying this was the case with you, but as another person who played KH2 first and only then KH1 said -
"Riku became a bitch from a total sap so I hate him. Kairi on the other hand finally got character development and a personality."
...too bad it was the other way around.
Got that out of my system *cough* back to the love!

Wow, the SoKai fan in me is cursing and ranting at the rest of me right now!

See, that's why I really dislike SoKai fans XD They can't live in peace with the rest of the world.
Me being a SoRiku fan, a SoLeon fan, a SoSelphie fan, a RiNami fan, you name it that includes either Sora or Namine that I like - it doesn't stop me from liking a variety of couples with them XD

Holy. Crap.

Now you see why I adore this couple to death?

That kid puts Edward Cullen to SHAME. Absolute, utter SHAME. (And I like Twilight!)

now I'm interested. tell me more.

LOL, if only Marluxia had taken the hint.

But then all the molesting fanfiction concepts would've gone to waste

I could understand why he was upset though. Namine made it look like that promise was the most important thing to him. And he forgot it. It didn't help that Larxene was taunting him about how heartbroken Namine would be to hear that, and making him out to look like a horrible person. He felt guilty.

I said before - I accept the guilt that drove Sora onwards. It was a limited time issue though for the most part - seeing how at the end, the guilt turned into determination once he took that Promise on himself and all but remade it for real.
<3

So, does anyone know any good SoNami fanfics? I'm trying to work on one right now, but it's slow going.

Gimme a bunny :mad:

I must join. =]

I love Sora/Namine. Yay!

Added! :D

Ew Kairi/Sora. lol.

Keep that to a minimum unless you're willing to burst into a glorious hymne of "why" that doesn't include too much bashing XD
I'm trying to have this club appeal to any and all audiences :3~

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
True, though it might not have made that much of a difference for the better. You know my stand about Riku's relationship with Kairi, after all.
It would be interesting to see though, I agree.

And you know where I stand on Riku's relationship with Kairi...

;)

That's what they should've done. Use KH1 to build on a romantic relationship with Riku and Kairi, make it look real and canon, and then bring Namine in for Sora in CoM.

:mad: I'm glad you find amusement in the one moment in KH2 I was looking forward to the most and they managed to ruin the most.

The way you describe it is funny. Roxas steals Sora's big moment.

Ah. I think I'm starting to see more where you liking Kairi so much comes from now. I'm not saying this was the case with you, but as another person who played KH2 first and only then KH1 said -
"Riku became a bitch from a total sap so I hate him. Kairi on the other hand finally got character development and a personality."
...too bad it was the other way around.
Got that out of my system *cough* back to the love!

Hey, I love Riku in all three games! (Though more so in CoM than any other.)

Kairi had development, it just wasn't executed well. I could see where they were going with it, but it wasn't on the same scale as Namine's. It didn't help that she was barely in the game.

See, that's why I really dislike SoKai fans XD They can't live in peace with the rest of the world.

Hey!

Go back and look at my sig. That's not Sora next to Kairi, is it?

now I'm interested. tell me more.

Well, Twilight fangirls always like to go on and on about what a perfect vampire Edward Cullen is, because he dotes on Bella and is constantly going out of his way to protect her from danger. He even buys her an indestructible car in the last book.

But Bella has his love, and she's never hurt him the way Namine hurt Sora. I mean, there's the whole subplot with Jacob Black (figures that I'd like that couple better) but she never stops loving Edward, and their relationship was real from the get-go.

Sora, on the other hand, learns that Namine basically lied to him and they were never friends. But he loves her anyway, because he knows she was forced to do it, and like you said, she's the same girl from his fake memories. So he's going to act on the promise because he might as well have made it anyway.

Gimme a bunny :mad:

Let me think...I'll get back to you on that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's what they should've done. Use KH1 to build on a romantic relationship with Riku and Kairi, make it look real and canon, and then bring Namine in for Sora in CoM.

I actually support this about RiKai. While I see it far, far less from Kairi's side (since she's so Sora obsessed :mad: ) I can actually see Riku caring for her as much as he seems to care about Namine in the novels, and how he seems to be affectionate towards Xion (hand on shoulder <3). Throw in the notion that unlike Sora, Riku can force Kairi into a somewhat submissive position in the relationship via sheer physical differences alone (he's to Sora and kairi what Terra is to Ven and Aqua @_@;;; ) and you have thus gotten Kairi into a mind set that I sort of like in relationships like that. Not quite submissive, but yes feminine and somewhat vulnerable. Namine is like that for Sora, yet because Sora is somewhat 'weaker' than Riku, mostly because he lets himself be supported when needed, Namine can show her strength and support Sora back.
I guess this is me trying to solve another thing I dislike about Kairi, being her would be lack of weakness. Sure, she can't fight, but that's not really a weakness, seeing how many characters - namely, Namine - can do well and be strong and weak regardless of battle strength. Kairi never ever had that with Sora and on the contrary, tried to gain a superior position compared to him in the relationship, being the bossy tomboy she was in KH1 and then with her 'Sora can't do anything without us' in KH2.
Riku wouldn't let her get ahead of herself, which also shows more concern than Sora showed her in that aspect, imo.
Sometimes, you show you love someone by being honest and frank and calling it quits when they get ahead of themselves and on top of everyone else. It's for their own good after all.

Their relationship was just never really expanded on though, and KH1 all but based Riku being jealous specifically to Sora. Throw in how I believe he reacted when Sora brought Kairi into Sora and Riku's secret place, and you'll see why I further don't believe the two ever really got along :\

The way you describe it is funny. Roxas steals Sora's big moment.

Because he did! >_< this was something SoNami fans had been waiting for ever since the final credits rolled on Reverse Rebirth, up to that very moment where our hopes were crushed!
Namine was supposed to be finally reunited with Sora, not with the next best thing 8_8 Nomura had better make it worth my while, whatever it is he's planning under the pretense of us being supposed to take Sora not having thanked Namine in KH2 as a hint.
;_; I want my SoNami, dammit! Sora was about to die and all he cared for was not having thanked Namine!

Hey, I love Riku in all three games! (Though more so in CoM than any other.)

I adored his character in KH1 once Ansem explained his lust for freedom. It made everything make sense.
I donno, when I look at Riku I can't really break it into pieces. It's not even like Sora that has specific moments and specific developments to him in every game, different parts of the game. For Riku, his story never stopped for a moment all through the series 8_8 I love him, period.

Kairi had development, it just wasn't executed well. I could see where they were going with it, but it wasn't on the same scale as Namine's. It didn't help that she was barely in the game.

Because they failed with her. So badly 8_8 I despite their "say so" issue about her. They said she was perfect, they said she loved everyone and was loved, they said she loved Sora and wanted us to believe Sora loved her back.
Only they forgot to really go along with any of it, something which would've also, by default, based so many other things.
For instance, why could Sora believe him, Riku and Namine were a joyous threesome? Because they described us their interaction as children. Now, it was on their way to base SoNami, yet they based Namine's interaction with the both of them in one go.
Riku and Nami were BFFs as well, and we got to see it clear as day. It wasn't Riku coming to Kairi and all but defending Sora from her :I

Go back and look at my sig. That's not Sora next to Kairi, is it?

I think I really am starting to get to you. Maybe this FC club was a better idea than I imagined, especially if we could both get to a certain agreement about RiKai.
Truth be told, I kind of think you'd like my new fic, especially if I'll go along with half the sequels now running in my mind.
It's all but Riku 'taming' Kairi to be a better friend and person with lots of insight into what I imagine her thought process to be.
Now just to figure out what I do with Sora, seeing the base for that series is bothersome in that aspect :I

He even buys her an indestructible car in the last book.

i want one of those.

Sora, on the other hand, learns that Namine basically lied to him and they were never friends. But he loves her anyway, because he knows she was forced to do it, and like you said, she's the same girl from his fake memories. So he's going to act on the promise because he might as well have made it anyway.

Mmhm <3 my point exactly. CoM shows us what might've been had Namine been there, and Sora says "well damn, I want me some of that". Thus the promise at the end of the game.

Let me think...I'll get back to you on that.

Eagerly awaiting your response :3

C

Colours

~Sora♥ Namin'e, and Kairi can't do nothing about it. Haha~

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Riku wouldn't let her get ahead of herself, which also shows more concern than Sora showed her in that aspect, imo.
Sometimes, you show you love someone by being honest and frank and calling it quits when they get ahead of themselves and on top of everyone else. It's for their own good after all.

That's exactly what I'd want to see in a RiKai relationship. At the very least, it'd be cute to see them on Destiny Islands, post-KH2, and have Riku saying to her, "Come here. I'm going to show you how to fight properly."

I would want it to work both ways though, with Kairi helping him battle his inner demons while he helps her battle hers. In a way, I wish that scene in Reverse/Rebirth had really been Kairi talking to Riku, not Namine in disguise.

I donno, when I look at Riku I can't really break it into pieces. It's not even like Sora that has specific moments and specific developments to him in every game, different parts of the game. For Riku, his story never stopped for a moment all through the series 8_8 I love him, period.

And I think that makes his character development better. It's an ongoing process that happens gradually over time, which is also how it works in real life, for the most part.

I think I really am starting to get to you. Maybe this FC club was a better idea than I imagined, especially if we could both get to a certain agreement about RiKai.
Truth be told, I kind of think you'd like my new fic, especially if I'll go along with half the sequels now running in my mind.
It's all but Riku 'taming' Kairi to be a better friend and person with lots of insight into what I imagine her thought process to be.

Nah, I've like Kaimyx for a long time. Not as long as SoKai, but a pretty long time.

I would very much like to see a fic like that! :thumbup:

I'm working on a SoNami fic, but I'm not sure if you'd like it either. It's basically an alternate version of Chain of Memories, where Namine really was a long-lost friend of Sora, Riku, and Kairi's, but something went wrong when they were children, and she had to leave. She still has her memory powers, but it's not because she's Kairi's Nobody, and instead of tampering with Sora's memories, she's actually fixing them. And then it has Riku and Kairi starting to remember her too, and Kairi starts trying to figure out what happened to Namine in the first place (with help from Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka). And there's more to it than that, but I won't go into too much detail.

Now just to figure out what I do with Sora, seeing the base for that series is bothersome in that aspect :I

Hook him up with Selphie.

Though in all seriousness, you could give the fic a comedic touch with Sora and Selphie deciding that Riku and Kairi are Meant to Be, so they start going back and forth to their respective BFFs and try to get them together. Unless that wouldn't work, since I don't know what your story's about.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's exactly what I'd want to see in a RiKai relationship. At the very least, it'd be cute to see them on Destiny Islands, post-KH2, and have Riku saying to her, "Come here. I'm going to show you how to fight properly."

I'd dig that. Would make for proper interaction between them and could still keep the original balance of them both hanging out because of Sora - seeing how Sora'd probably shrug Kairi off about that, but she'd insist, so Riku'd be the only choice left, and he'd have the motivation of keeping her from being a liability to either him or Sora in the future :3 (how did we get into such an in-depth RiKai discussion here? Ah yes, to balance SoNami)

I think that's part of what I found the most amusing in the Destiny Islands Memory World in CoM. Kairi wasn't there not because Namine replaced her or anything. Look back to the KH1 Destiny Islands; you'd have Selphie, Wakka and Tidus talking about how lucky Kairi is to have Riku, and Riku challenging Sora to a race over who'd get to share a Paopu with Kairi.
Namine being on the Islands and Sora going ga-ga over her doesn't contradict anything; it just gave him a romantic interest in light of Riku being together with Kairi XD
Gah, just thinking how excellent a SoNami/RiKai combo could've been makes me furious in light of what we got instead :mad: SoKai being all but lacking, SoNami being wasted, and Riku ending up alone (because Xion disappeared until she'll come back as Aqua in KH3 in which case I call dibs on opening the Aqua/Riku FC >:3)

I would want it to work both ways though, with Kairi helping him battle his inner demons while he helps her battle hers.

Post KH2 would be great for him to comfort her, yes. In a way, she's coming from where he already was, being at odds' ends with Sora on a lot of things, power and abilities being one of many.
I'd like to see her PoHness dealing with his Darkness.

In a way, I wish that scene in Reverse/Rebirth had really been Kairi talking to Riku, not Namine in disguise.

In a way, I think that would've made me hate how they shove Kairi everywhere more XD if they'd have kept the words the same, of course.
I think had Namine showed Riku Memories of his time with Sora and Kairi, being his "Light" so he had nothing to fear the Light for, it would've served the purpose you want without pissing me off too badly, and showing a yes connection between Riku and Kairi.
As it stands though, they only did that so that Riku would "recognize" Namine and agree on some level to hear her out.
Funnily enough though, the manga just had a voice speak to him, no face nor shape, showing the whole act was all but redundant >_>
Guess Riku was used to hearing voices from Mickey in KH1 XD

And I think that makes his character development better. It's an ongoing process that happens gradually over time, which is also how it works in real life, for the most part.

My point exactly :3 Which is why I'm actually happy we got to see him so little in KH2, in light of how being seen is what all but killed Kairi and Sora x_X and I dare say even Namine. I donno, I liked her KH2 self a lot less than her CoM self, even at the end of it which was more KH2-like, but still different.

Nah, I've like Kaimyx for a long time. Not as long as SoKai, but a pretty long time.

Whatever floats your boat :3

I would very much like to see a fic like that! :thumbup:

This just tied in with what I said above about Riku teaching Kairi how to fight. xD
I just might end up writing it, or at least plan something like it.

I'm working on a SoNami fic, but I'm not sure if you'd like it either. It's basically an alternate version of Chain of Memories, where Namine really was a long-lost friend of Sora, Riku, and Kairi's, but something went wrong when they were children, and she had to leave. She still has her memory powers, but it's not because she's Kairi's Nobody, and instead of tampering with Sora's memories, she's actually fixing them. And then it has Riku and Kairi starting to remember her too, and Kairi starts trying to figure out what happened to Namine in the first place (with help from Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka). And there's more to it than that, but I won't go into too much detail.

This reminds me of a story draft I wrote once, about how KH could still be KH with Kairi being the "Shadow" and Namine being the real Princess, going on a somewhat similar concept to yours :3 and a few random noob theories but oh well XD
See, Namine was the real girl on Destiny Islands, and she truly did disappear as Sora initially remembered (he later saw her on the Destiny Islands Memory World, but meh XD I already explained why I don't think that was too much towards the 'Kairi replacement' department - she didn't replace her, Kairi was just "Riku's" >:3). The reasons behind it can vary, seeing how Namine was not only a Princess of Heart - but also one with the strongest ties to the Keyblade Masters. Either kidnapped or pushed away willingly to keep both Sora and Riku safe, Namine disappeared, and erased herself from Sora and Riku's Memories. Seeing however how dear they both held her, and how being Wielders and she was a PoH they had such a strong bond, and both had intensefully strong Hearts, not a Nobody was born, yet another being, truly being a Shadow - being Kairi.
Kairi was actually the longing in Sora and Riku's Hearts to have Namine back (since they knew something was missing, so they created something to lessen the loss), as well as Namine's regret for being forced to leave her home and loved ones behind.
As time went on, Kairi eventually made Sora and Riku want to make the raft and go on to other worlds - to them under the claim of wanting to find out more about her Home (she did appear out of nowhere on the night of the Meteor Shower, which was when Sora made his promise to Namine, and thus sealed her fate since going away to protect him was the least she could do - so Namine disappeared, making for Kairi's creation).
Kairi as a whole went inside Sora on the Night of the Storm, making for Namine - elsewhere - to collapse, making for the lifeless shell we see in KH1 :3 as KH1 went on, Sora kept seeing Kairi, who slowly became Namine over time as he began remembering her, and the question of who was he and Riku really fighting over was raised.
It's all but throwing CoM into KH1, I know, but it goes on from where, where Namine concludes to Riku that - seeing how Sora ended up being obsessed with her as he did in CoM - that it was best Sora forgot about her.
That leaves us with KH2, where it was Kairi who reached out to Roxas, doing again what she originally did - and reached out to "Sora" in Namine's stead, just like Namine wouldn't let herself do before she disappeared. That in turn mended the bonds Namine refused to remake with Sora, and let Sora eventually wake up - only DiZ still saw her as a threat due to her powers over Sora and Riku's Memories, and KH2 progressed on smoothly until it was really Namine that was kidnapped and who Riku saved, and then enter a joyous reunion for the three of them where Sora got to not only thank Namine, but be with her at the end <:
Kairi all along continues to be the Shadow that watches over the three, for that is the reason for which she was born - watching over Namine's smile, which was brightest when she was with Sora and Riku ^-^

*loves this*
*sigh*

Hook him up with Selphie.

I do that regardless, though I more see them as the cruel and ironic relationship where Sora's with Selphie because he can't bring himself to say no to her and thus break her heart, but that makes it all even worse :\

Though in all seriousness, you could give the fic a comedic touch with Sora and Selphie deciding that Riku and Kairi are Meant to Be, so they start going back and forth to their respective BFFs and try to get them together. Unless that wouldn't work, since I don't know what your story's about.

It wouldn't work in what I have planned, but it could make for a nice touch elsewhere regardless XD
It reminds me of my long-ass fic I had planned once going by the notion that Namine - being made more from Sora, was like a rejected transplanted organ and eventually was rejected from Kairi's Being, once again left to fend for herself. She awoke on Destiny Islands though, and it was Riku who conspired with Selphie and went as far as not only trap SoNami in the same cart on the ferris wheel, but ended up (accidentally but still) sabotage said ferris wheel to get the happy couple stuck at the top :D

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
*peeks in* Hello thar. :D

Can I join, pleease, SA? *puppy face*

Rix

:)
Awards
Time to post here^_^

Whats the topic?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Right now, me and Org_42 and bringing up possibilities to how Namine could've yes been a part of the group for real with varying implications towards Kairi :\

Also, how SoNami's relationship being a lie is just about what really makes the relationship wonderful, seeing how Sora doesnt' give a damn XD

Rix

:)
Awards
mhmm... Exactly. Just take a look at the ending of CoM.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
The beautiful of the relationship is as equal as my madness for no interaction between Sora and Naminé in KH2.

Wow, you guys really get into this. I would too but, eh *shruggs* don't have enough time or I simply don't want to at the moment.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I know that.

Well, on the topic of the sig. I've tried two times already and I just can't seem to do it good enough, so I"ll try again tomorrow. lol

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
SoNamicopy.jpg

So what do you think, pretty lame, huh?

I deleted the other one, it was so horrible. I cried as to how bad it was. ;_ ;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back