• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ɨ⊰✬⊱The Renewed AQUAxVENTUS club⊰✬⊱ɨ (NOW WITH NEW PIC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

metrifyx

Re: ɨ⊰✬⊱The Renewed AQUAxVENTUS club⊰✬⊱ɨ

That fanart is so cute, Allister!

I might try to sketch something out after I finish my homework...but there's so many Ven/Aqua moments that I wan't to draw, I don't know where to start! xD

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

Joinage! Same reason as 829, though I prefer to see it as big sister/little brother. It's cuter, IMO. :)

Allister Rose

French Lover

i don't mind brother/sister pairing and was leaning toward it when i spoiled myself...but after seeing ventus ending to the end....i can't imagine it as a simply a sibling pairing anymore....for those who did saw ven's ending would understand....that scene just screamed romantic to me...

EDIT:I almost forgot....

Welcome to the AQUAxVENTUS FC
strawberry
oathkeeperriku09

Last edited:
P

Peppermint Tea

lol Very true indeed. :D

And also, for the lulz;

:D I don't care much for Evanescence, but the editing on that first one wasn't too shabby. But dude, Captain Planet...Kingdom Hearts...*world asplodes* xD

That was an awesome find! I wonder if Yen Sid said something along the lines of that in the Japanese version? I'm noticing some changes in the International/English/Whatever version that hint to Aqua/Ven.

Heh, well, using strwbrymilk's translation, it went like this:
Yen Sid: Your job now is not to protect your friends, but rather, to believe in them. Right now, Ventus is on the border between darkness and light. That is precisely why...you, who stands on the side of the light, should believe in him. Treasure the bond you share with him. That way, if the day he awakens arrives, Ventus will be drawn back by his bonds with his friends to the world of light.
...which, I still find very sweet. But the English version is much sweeter :D I'm noticing more Ven/Aqua in the English version, too, haha.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Either way, I'm pretty glad it turned out that way. That was one of the biggest arguments against Aqua/Ven. :D
My Japanese isn't good enough to tell, sadly, but I'm also glad it got translated that way, too! I actually wrote about it in my essay before ultimately scrapping it, though, using the Japanese phrasing:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know, right!? That, and fanfiction. I'll probably do a bit of both.

Though I must say, after reading your essay, I have this strange picture in my head of Ven wearing a pretty pink princess gown. owo;

Oh, and did I mention that I love your essay? :'D

Hehe, you mean like this?
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2218/saflowerprincess.gif
*is shot*
And thank you, again ^_^ It took so much time that it's incredible, and I'm glad people like it! It means a lot to me :) I wanna polish it up a bit more before I put it on Ship Manifesto, though, along with some pictures :D
if you guys want to see my fanart, you can check it out on my page album section
Oh wow, I just looked, and it's awesome! I love your style :)
And I guess I'll also share some of mine own fanart, but it's kinda crappy... Here's a sketch of the start of Last Episode I did a few days back:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

metrifyx

Heh, well, using strwbrymilk's translation, it went like this:
Yen Sid: Your job now is not to protect your friends, but rather, to believe in them. Right now, Ventus is on the border between darkness and light. That is precisely why...you, who stands on the side of the light, should believe in him. Treasure the bond you share with him. That way, if the day he awakens arrives, Ventus will be drawn back by his bonds with his friends to the world of light.
...which, I still find very sweet. But the English version is much sweeter :D I'm noticing more Ven/Aqua in the English version, too, haha.
Aah, okay. Yeah, the NA version hints to Aqua/Ven much more than the Japanese.

My Japanese isn't good enough to tell, sadly, but I'm also glad it got translated that way, too! I actually wrote about it in my essay before ultimately scrapping it, though, using the Japanese phrasing:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Wow, I never thought about it like that before. Even if they used the word parents in the NA version, thinking about it that way would almost support Aqua/Ven, in a way. I'm happy with the English translation, though.

WIN. 8D

And I guess I'll also share some of mine own fanart, but it's kinda crappy... Here's a sketch of the start of Last Episode I did a few days back:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Oh my goodness, that is so cute! Sad, but really cute. I love they way you drew their hair; I always seem to have trouble with that.

P

Peppermint Tea

Aah, okay. Yeah, the NA version hints to Aqua/Ven much more than the Japanese.

Mmmm, yeah, I would say so :) I mean, for another example, you know at the end when Vanitas is about to kill Aqua? In the Japanese version, he just RAGED himself unfrozen and I think he said やめろ!(yamero), which means "stop", but in the English version, he has a long, dramatic "noooooooo!" I laughed really hard when I first heard it, but I think it's much more romantic than just "stop", cause, you know, in all those cheesy moments in movies and such, when the girl's gonna get hurt, it's a long, dramatic "noooooo!" Heh, but maybe this is just grasping at straws xD

Wow, I never thought about it like that before. Even if they used the word parents in the NA version, thinking about it that way would almost support Aqua/Ven, in a way. I'm happy with the English translation, though.

Yeah...while I think "Terra and Aqua are like Ven's parents" is really, really cute, I personally don't see it much in the game. I mean, I spoke to someone else about it, and they pointed out that if Ven were really implying that they were like his parents, they would get super embarassed about it, not laugh. That's why I see it more as, "Haha, Ven, you have to be told to go with Mommy and Daddy", myself :) The English translation made it even more clear, so I'm happy with it, too ^_^

:D

Oh my goodness, that is so cute! Sad, but really cute. I love they way you drew their hair; I always seem to have trouble with that.

Wow, thank you! It was a pretty difficult pose xD And yeah, the hair is always the hardest part. It may sound stupid, but I have the most trouble with Aqua's! It never looks quite right, to me... Do you have any cute Ven/Aqua fanart to share? I'd loooove to see some!!

So, I'm curious. What name do you guys call this pairing? I call it "Venqua" myself, but how bout you guys?

metrifyx

Mmmm, yeah, I would say so :) I mean, for another example, you know at the end when Vanitas is about to kill Aqua? In the Japanese version, he just RAGED himself unfrozen and I think he said やめろ!(yamero), which means "stop", but in the English version, he has a long, dramatic "noooooooo!" I laughed really hard when I first heard it, but I think it's much more romantic than just "stop", cause, you know, in all those cheesy moments in movies and such, when the girl's gonna get hurt, it's a long, dramatic "noooooo!" Heh, but maybe this is just grasping at straws xD
Haha, I died the first time I heard that. Of course, I kept failing at the boss battle with Vanitas, so every time I went to change my deck I got to watch that scene. Whenever that part came up I was like, "SQUEEEEE!" and went into rabid fangirl mode. I agree that it's sort of cheesy, but in another way it's really romantic and sweet. Though I didn't know that he said "stop" in the Japanese version. I like the whole dramatic "Nooooo!" thing better. |D

Haha, I bet we're just seeing things and no one over at SE never even thought of the two as a couple.
But we can dreaaam, right? DDD:
Besides, how could Ven be a pretty princess without Aqua/Ven?

Though it seems they were intending to hint that the two had feelings for each other. Tutorial level, anyone? Perhaps they were just trying to show that Ventus' life parallels Sora's, but if everything else does, why not his romantic feelings? Though almost everyone has decided that no pairings are certain in KH, it seems obvious to me that Sora has a thing for Kairi, mainly in KHII. Whenever some random couple gets together, Sora starts daydreaming about Kairi. Aqua and Kairi are very different, but they have many similarities, as well. If SE was hinting at Sokai, and they showed Aqua and Ventus in the same positions, there must be something between them.

I am looking into this way too much. >.<

Though all of these Venqua-esque translations have to mean something, right? It's hard to believe that this is all a coincidence. What I'm wondering is: why in the NA version and not the Japanese?

Wow, thank you! It was a pretty difficult pose xD And yeah, the hair is always the hardest part. It may sound stupid, but I have the most trouble with Aqua's! It never looks quite right, to me...
That's not stupid at all! Though I think both Aqua and Ven's hair is challenging, I also find Aqua's harder to draw. It is very pretty, but there's always something wrong with it. I can never figure out what it is, though. D:

Do you have any cute Ven/Aqua fanart to share? I'd loooove to see some!!
I've been planning to draw some for a while now, but I got a new computer and my Photoshop isn't compatible with Windows 7. I'm trying to get another version. Gah, my scanner's also broken. Though I might be able to snap a picture of the sketch once I actually draw it.

So, I'm curious. What name do you guys call this pairing? I call it "Venqua" myself, but how bout you guys?
Hmm, well I call it either Aqua/Ven or Venqua. Venqua is almost an adjective for me, haha. I think we should make up an awesome name for it, though. Like...

Akutusu!!

Wait, that sounds like Axel/Ven... |D

P

Peppermint Tea

Haha, I died the first time I heard that. Of course, I kept failing at the boss battle with Vanitas, so every time I went to change my deck I got to watch that scene. Whenever that part came up I was like, "SQUEEEEE!" and went into rabid fangirl mode. I agree that it's sort of cheesy, but in another way it's really romantic and sweet. Though I didn't know that he said "stop" in the Japanese version. I like the whole dramatic "Nooooo!" thing better. |D

Haha, I bet we're just seeing things and no one over at SE never even thought of the two as a couple.
But we can dreaaam, right? DDD:
Besides, how could Ven be a pretty princess without Aqua/Ven?

Though it seems they were intending to hint that the two had feelings for each other. Tutorial level, anyone? Perhaps they were just trying to show that Ventus' life parallels Sora's, but if everything else does, why not his romantic feelings? Though almost everyone has decided that no pairings are certain in KH, it seems obvious to me that Sora has a thing for Kairi, mainly in KHII. Whenever some random couple gets together, Sora starts daydreaming about Kairi. Aqua and Kairi are very different, but they have many similarities, as well. If SE was hinting at Sokai, and they showed Aqua and Ventus in the same positions, there must be something between them.

I am looking into this way too much. >.<

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Though all of these Venqua-esque translations have to mean something, right? It's hard to believe that this is all a coincidence. What I'm wondering is: why in the NA version and not the Japanese?

Eh, I think it really kinda is all coincidence, unfortunately :( When I first wrote my essay, I used strwbrymilk's translations from her YouTube videos, and when I changed it up to the official English ones just a few weeks back, I had to take some stuff out and alter things because what I said wasn't really working anymore with the official translation. It's true a lot of good Venqua was added, but a bit was also taken away. Like, one I had to completely remove was that in the Secret Ending, Aqua told Ansem the Wise that the only reason she was going on anymore was to "fulfill a promise [she] made to a friend", that friend being Ven. So, I took it as, the only reason she was even living anymore was to be there for Ven, which I see as super sweet. In the English version, it was changed to both Terra and Ven, which, I realize now that the Japanese version kinda meant, but still... Translating is just kinda messy business, and you can lose/change meanings along the way, and I don't know how much of it was actually intentional.

That's not stupid at all! Though I think both Aqua and Ven's hair is challenging, I also find Aqua's harder to draw. It is very pretty, but there's always something wrong with it. I can never figure out what it is, though. D:

Ah, really? I thought I was crazy! People have the impression that Aqua's hair is "relatively normal", and Ven's is insane, so when I tell them that I have more trouble with Aqua's, they think it's funny xD The thing with Aqua's hair is...it's just really deceiving. It doesn't look so hard, but when you actually set out to draw it, it's pretty complex. Too many spikes and strands everywhere...

I've been planning to draw some for a while now, but I got a new computer and my Photoshop isn't compatible with Windows 7. I'm trying to get another version. Gah, my scanner's also broken. Though I might be able to snap a picture of the sketch once I actually draw it.

Awww...that sucks :( But I would like to see even a photograph of a Venqua sketch :) There's not enough art for this couple, I swear... But what kinda picture of them do you have in mind?

Hmm, well I call it either Aqua/Ven or Venqua. Venqua is almost an adjective for me, haha. I think we should make up an awesome name for it, though. Like...

Akutusu!!

Wait, that sounds like Axel/Ven... |D

Haha, cool :D But I don't think Akutusu is catchy enough...it's kinda hard to say xD And yeah, it does sound like Axel/Ven, hehe.

metrifyx

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Eh, I think it really kinda is all coincidence, unfortunately :( When I first wrote my essay, I used strwbrymilk's translations from her YouTube videos, and when I changed it up to the official English ones just a few weeks back, I had to take some stuff out and alter things because what I said wasn't really working anymore with the official translation. It's true a lot of good Venqua was added, but a bit was also taken away. Like, one I had to completely remove was that in the Secret Ending, Aqua told Ansem the Wise that the only reason she was going on anymore was to "fulfill a promise [she] made to a friend", that friend being Ven. So, I took it as, the only reason she was even living anymore was to be there for Ven, which I see as super sweet. In the English version, it was changed to both Terra and Ven, which, I realize now that the Japanese version kinda meant, but still... Translating is just kinda messy business, and you can lose/change meanings along the way, and I don't know how much of it was actually intentional.

Huh, maybe it's better that way? I mean, maybe they intended for it to be that way all along, and the unofficial translations had a different take on it? I don't know much about Japanese, but I do believe that one word in Japanese can mean many things in English, depending on how it's used? Either way, it works for me.

Ah, really? I thought I was crazy! People have the impression that Aqua's hair is "relatively normal", and Ven's is insane, so when I tell them that I have more trouble with Aqua's, they think it's funny xD The thing with Aqua's hair is...it's just really deceiving. It doesn't look so hard, but when you actually set out to draw it, it's pretty complex. Too many spikes and strands everywhere...

Pshhh, that's only if you're doing it with realism. I mean, those spikes!! :OOO

Awww...that sucks :( But I would like to see even a photograph of a Venqua sketch :) There's not enough art for this couple, I swear... But what kinda picture of them do you have in mind?
I actually just got my scanner to work, so at least I can show you a good quality sketch. :'D
Sadly, Aqua/Ven is very underrated, but it's really awesome if you look closer at it (YMMV).
I'm thinking of something with a lot of emotion... I do have a specific idea, but it's sort of hard to explain; I prefer to talk through pictures anyways, hahaha.

Haha, cool :D But I don't think Akutusu is catchy enough...it's kinda hard to say xD And yeah, it does sound like Axel/Ven, hehe.

Haha, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it? I really just combined their Japanese names together. What we really need to do is take all of the possible syllables in their name and make it so convoluted that no one knows what the heck we're shipping make an awesome name out of it.

Or we could just call it Venqua? //shot

Last edited:
P

Peppermint Tea

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ah, okay :) Yeah, most definitely. I see Ven/Aqua as an awesome twist of Sora/Kairi, which is why it's so epic, haha. And yeah, I loved that too! It seemed so much that Ven would be the "hero", but it was really Aqua, and I don't think anyone expected that.
Heh, and thanks about the Vanitas scene :D I actually think I'm really, really overanalyzing, there, though xD

Huh, maybe it's better that way? I mean, maybe they intended for it to be that way all along, and the unofficial translations had a different take on it? I don't know much about Japanese, but I do believe that one word in Japanese can mean many things in English, depending on how it's used? Either way, it works for me.
It's just hard to tell with translations...no matter what, you always lose some of the original meaning, because no language is exactly like another. But true, it works for me, too :) I love the official English translation more than any of the fan ones I've looked at.
Pshhh, that's only if you're doing it with realism. I mean, those spikes!! :OOO
Heh, I always simplify it (I'm not very detail-oriented), but still...it's hard to simplify it and keep her still looking in-character...
I actually just got my scanner to work, so at least I can show you a good quality sketch. :'D
Sadly, Aqua/Ven is very underrated, but it's really awesome if you look closer at it (YMMV).
I'm thinking of something with a lot of emotion... I do have a specific idea, but it's sort of hard to explain; I prefer to talk through pictures anyways, hahaha.

Cool ^_^ And yes, it is very underrated. I wrote the essay because I wanted to give a better view on it, since I kept seeing lots of people bash it everywhere, haha. Oooh, I love emotional pieces!! *is excited*

Or we could just call it Venqua? //shot

Heh, I think that'd be best xD

metrifyx

Ah, okay :) Yeah, most definitely. I see Ven/Aqua as an awesome twist of Sora/Kairi, which is why it's so epic, haha.

Cool ^_^ And yes, it is very underrated. I wrote the essay because I wanted to give a better view on it, since I kept seeing lots of people bash it everywhere, haha. Oooh, I love emotional pieces!! *is excited*D

Venqua really is a fresh breath of air. It also has a lot of hints throughout BBS.

Pshhh, just watch there be a Aqua/Ven kiss scene in KHIII. JUST. WATCH.
no srsly gaiz. D:

But really, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more hints in future installments.

Oh, by the way, I found a bit of fanart on Photobucket:

Aqua ven image by SugarHoneyRosli on Photobucket
Aqua ven image by luvbug95 on Photobucket
Aqua ven image by JeannaNaBottle on Photobucket

Allister Rose

French Lover

I agree there werea little to many hints...they were right in your face hints, not no subtle hints you see in other pairings

P

Peppermint Tea

Venqua really is a fresh breath of air. It also has a lot of hints throughout BBS.

Pshhh, just watch there be a Aqua/Ven kiss scene in KHIII. JUST. WATCH.
no srsly gaiz. D:

But really, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more hints in future installments.

Oh, by the way, I found a bit of fanart on Photobucket:

Aqua ven image by SugarHoneyRosli on Photobucket
Aqua ven image by luvbug95 on Photobucket
Aqua ven image by JeannaNaBottle on Photobucket

s1elleface

Gaaaah, those are cyuuuuuuute! I especially love the first and last one. Especially the last one :D

Yes, and it really is a breath of fresh air :) It's classy, but original at the same time. It's fascinating, but cute. And gah, I just love it, haha. But I don't think they'll kiss...this IS Kingdom Hearts, after all, land of no canon pairings... (not that I wouldn't want a kiss...)

I agree there werea little to many hints...they were right in your face hints, not no subtle hints you see in other pairings

Hmmm, I dunno about that... There were hints, but they can be seen any way you want to. I love Ven/Aqua, so I see their interations filled with hints of a possible romantic relationship between them, but for others, it may just be subtle little things. What would you say is the biggest Venqua hint??

Allister Rose

French Lover

Hmmm, I dunno about that... There were hints, but they can be seen any way you want to. I love Ven/Aqua, so I see their interations filled with hints of a possible romantic relationship between them, but for others, it may just be subtle little things. What would you say is the biggest Venqua hint??
[/INDENT]
i'm not sayin the hints have tobe taken romanitcally but there are alot of hints of ven aqua in BBS>

the biggest one is Ven's ending, Aqua's ending, and the beginning of Last Episode

metrifyx

Yes, and it really is a breath of fresh air :) It's classy, but original at the same time. It's fascinating, but cute. And gah, I just love it, haha. But I don't think they'll kiss...this IS Kingdom Hearts, after all, land of no canon pairings... (not that I wouldn't want a kiss...)

Yeah, apparently as a child Nomura read manga that told you every little detail and left no room for speculation. It frustrated him, so when he made Kingdom Hearts he tried to leave room for speculation. This is what's awesome and bad about the series. Even between games the series lives on, but because of that many things are vague. One of them is pairings. But who knows, Venqua might not have existed otherwise. In the end, it works out for everyone, but still...

A girl can dream, right? D:

But I seriously wouldn't be surprised if there were major Venqua hints in future titles. But I would explode if there was a kiss scene. Haha, I guess I'm just hoping for something to come along that convinces everyone that Venqua isn't so far-fetched.

P

Peppermint Tea

i'm not sayin the hints have tobe taken romanitcally but there are alot of hints of ven aqua in BBS>

the biggest one is Ven's ending, Aqua's ending, and the beginning of Last Episode

Oh, alright... I'd agree that Aqua's ending and the beginning of Last Episode are most Venqua-y! But hmmm, I don't think so much with Ven's ending...

Yeah, apparently as a child Nomura read manga that told you every little detail and left no room for speculation. It frustrated him, so when he made Kingdom Hearts he tried to leave room for speculation. This is what's awesome and bad about the series. Even between games the series lives on, but because of that many things are vague. One of them is pairings. But who knows, Venqua might not have existed otherwise. In the end, it works out for everyone, but still...

A girl can dream, right? D:

But I seriously wouldn't be surprised if there were major Venqua hints in future titles. But I would explode if there was a kiss scene. Haha, I guess I'm just hoping for something to come along that convinces everyone that Venqua isn't so far-fetched.

Oh, I agree. I actually kinda like that no pairing is gonna be canon, in a way. I mean, sure, I would love to see my favorite pairs hook up, but at the same time, the way it's just left open for you to interpret like this is a lot of fun. Still, yeah...while I love leaving some stuff up the person, leaving too much to interpretation is just bad writing, and leads to a pretty crappy story xD So, both awesome and crappy, like you said...

Heh, I'm also hoping for something great between these two in the future. Just think about their reunion, when Ven wakes up again...*dreamy sigh* I think there's a bunch of potential for some slight hints at romance there!

Sooo, I guess I'll also share some moar fanartz that I've gots... It's kinda an old one, but who doesn't like the whole "together umbrella" thing? (I do wanna re-do it sometime, though...)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aqua D.Light

I love this pairing! They're so cute together! (lolVen'saprincess<3)

Joinage?

metrifyx

Oh, I agree. I actually kinda like that no pairing is gonna be canon, in a way. I mean, sure, I would love to see my favorite pairs hook up, but at the same time, the way it's just left open for you to interpret like this is a lot of fun. Still, yeah...while I love leaving some stuff up the person, leaving too much to interpretation is just bad writing, and leads to a pretty crappy story xD So, both awesome and crappy, like you said...

Yes, that's why we as fans can support just about every pairing possible in KH. Everyone wins. :D

Heh, I'm also hoping for something great between these two in the future. Just think about their reunion, when Ven wakes up again...*dreamy sigh* I think there's a bunch of potential for some slight hints at romance there!
Squee! I know! I can just imagine this really fluffy/corny scene when the two are all like, "ASKDDKSJDK I MISSSED YOUUUU," or something. It's going to be hard not to spoil myself.

Sooo, I guess I'll also share some moar fanartz that I've gots... It's kinda an old one, but who doesn't like the whole "together umbrella" thing? (I do wanna re-do it sometime, though...)

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Oh. My. Goodness. Something about that just screams cute. I hope you make some more!

I love this pairing! They're so cute together! (lolVen'saprincess<3)

Joinage?

8DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back