• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ɨ⊰✬⊱The Renewed AQUAxVENTUS club⊰✬⊱ɨ (NOW WITH NEW PIC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cypsiman2

Re: ɨ⊰✬⊱The Renewed AQUAxVENTUS club⊰✬⊱ɨ

Hmmm, well, maybe this is just my view of Aqua, but I kinda see her as a sweet, corny girl, a bit like Sora, yet, very polite and mature at the same time. Your fics were very nice, but I felt Aqua was a bit too...cold, if that's the right word, in places? Or stern/strict? She's serious, but she's also quite playful and cheesy, too, I would say. That's the only thing I'd say to improve on for Aqua. Capture a bit more of her inner sweetness :)

Hmm, I can see that I've neglected that side of her; when it comes to our favorite characters, we all have a tendency to emphasize certain aspects of those characters, and if not careful we forget the original character altogether. I'm certainly no exception. So yeah, I'm going to try and do a better job of remembering Aqua's playful side, like when she made the luck charms for Terra and Ventus. I AM SURE THAT VENTUS WILL APPRECIATE MY BRINGING OUT AQUA'S SWEETNESS!

And for the dialogue...hmmm, well, I guess, to me, it just felt a little strained or awkward in places, and while that was kinda intended at times, at others, it just felt rather strange. Like, here, for example:

“Neither of you will look at each other, and the most conversation either of you’ve had with each other this morning was when Aqua asked for the salt. Now come on guys, fess up, it couldn’t possibly be all that bad.”

It's not bad, but I feel it's a little bit unnatural. I'd recommend saying the lines out loud, and see how it sounds. I try using this technique for my own writing, and it's helped me kill some REALLY crappy lines xD

Hmm, yeah, that is awkward. I'm still working on getting the character's voices down, that takes a little while, you know? Well, nothing like practice to make perfect!

But hey, it was overall really good :) I've read a bit of Ven/Aqua fanfic, and a lot of it...is either TOTALLY OOC, or dripping with purple prose, and these definitely weren't. In fact, the best part, I'd say, is your descriptions! Those were brilliant! Allister should most definitely put these on the front page :D

Heh, I'm glad that they were good despite my flaws! And I promise I will strive to be even better! And I'd be totally honored if my fics got onto the front page! ^_^

P

Peppermint Tea

Hmm, I can see that I've neglected that side of her; when it comes to our favorite characters, we all have a tendency to emphasize certain aspects of those characters, and if not careful we forget the original character altogether. I'm certainly no exception. So yeah, I'm going to try and do a better job of remembering Aqua's playful side, like when she made the luck charms for Terra and Ventus. I AM SURE THAT VENTUS WILL APPRECIATE MY BRINGING OUT AQUA'S SWEETNESS!

Mmm, it's REALLY hard to write in-character, I know... I'm actually quite afraid to write fanfiction myself because I feel like I'll screw up the characters too much xD I have trouble keeping my OWN characters themselves sometimes... And haha, Ven totally will :)

Hmm, yeah, that is awkward. I'm still working on getting the character's voices down, that takes a little while, you know? Well, nothing like practice to make perfect!

Of course :D Just keep practicing, and you'll do really great!

Heh, I'm glad that they were good despite my flaws! And I promise I will strive to be even better! And I'd be totally honored if my fics got onto the front page! ^_^

Hey, sometimes, flaws are what make things beautiful, neh? But that's the goal all artists should have. There's no such thing as perfect, but there's always room for improvement, and no one should ever forget it! And your fics DESERVE to be on the front page! ^_^

I saw this the other day, and thought the splicing of dialogue was rather cute:

YouTube - Aqua is so Beautiful

C

cypsiman2

Mmm, it's REALLY hard to write in-character, I know... I'm actually quite afraid to write fanfiction myself because I feel like I'll screw up the characters too much xD I have trouble keeping my OWN characters themselves sometimes... And haha, Ven totally will :)

Indeed! And remember, you're free to make any requests you feel like, I'll be sure to get to them eventually!

Of course :D Just keep practicing, and you'll do really great!
\o/!

Hey, sometimes, flaws are what make things beautiful, neh? But that's the goal all artists should have. There's no such thing as perfect, but there's always room for improvement, and no one should ever forget it! And your fics DESERVE to be on the front page! ^_^

I definitely agree! And I hope that Allister Rose agrees too!

Heh, that is rather cute. Seriously, nothing against Aurora (You will never, ever, EVER, see me hate on a lady, just to let you know), but um, Aqua is decidedly more of a...how do I put this...a feast for the eyes. XD

P

Peppermint Tea

Indeed! And remember, you're free to make any requests you feel like, I'll be sure to get to them eventually!

Oooh, you take requests? I'd love to see something dealing with Ven and Aqua pre-BBS, when he's still really troubled by his amnesia and a bit of a zombie. I think it could be really, really sweet, and I see a lot of potential for Ven/Aqua there :D If a fic is too much, I would just love to see some views on what could have happened :D

I definitely agree! And I hope that Allister Rose agrees too!

I'm sure she will :)

Heh, that is rather cute. Seriously, nothing against Aurora (You will never, ever, EVER, see me hate on a lady, just to let you know), but um, Aqua is decidedly more of a...how do I put this...a feast for the eyes. XD

xD You know, I don't even quite know why Ven said that to her anyway... I agree that Aqua's more attractive, lol.

So, what's your favorite thing about Ven/Aqua?

Allister Rose

French Lover

lol yeah i agree. sometimes we have flaws, ut as long we think it's good, then we can post it up. I've thought up a pretty good fanfic that depicts your interpretation of how aqua x ven works. i'll post up the first chapter soon just to test it out. hopefully those who aren't aqua x ven fans at least give it a try.

C

cypsiman2

Oooh, you take requests? I'd love to see something dealing with Ven and Aqua pre-BBS, when he's still really troubled by his amnesia and a bit of a zombie. I think it could be really, really sweet, and I see a lot of potential for Ven/Aqua there :D If a fic is too much, I would just love to see some views on what could have happened :D

That sounds like a wonderful premise for a fic! especially since Aqua's trip to the Dwarf Woodlands is pretty explicit about how Ventus finally waking up made her feel!

I'm sure she will :)
And she has! Thanks Allister Rose!

xD You know, I don't even quite know why Ven said that to her anyway... I agree that Aqua's more attractive, lol.
Really, I think Ven just needed to get out and see some other girls, so that he could appreciate that Aqua is the prettiest and most awesome of all the pretty and awesome ladies. XD

So, what's your favorite thing about Ven/Aqua?
Well, like many who ship Aqua/Ven, I was already predisposed to the ship ever since the KHII:FM+ trailer where Aqua saves Ventus and just holds him and looks at him...really, it's the whole 'White Knight' thing, the way she'll do anything to keep him safe. Also, given how Ven is kind-of sort-of the 'chosen one', so to speak, that makes this pairing a 'chosen one/protectoress' pairing, which is something I'm generally guaranteed to ship. Also...I like the height difference! XD

Allister Rose said:
lol yeah i agree. sometimes we have flaws, ut as long we think it's good, then we can post it up. I've thought up a pretty good fanfic that depicts your interpretation of how aqua x ven works. i'll post up the first chapter soon just to test it out. hopefully those who aren't aqua x ven fans at least give it a try.

Ooh, I inspired a fic? I'm honored! I hope I get to read it soon. :3

Last edited:

metrifyx

Oh my goodness, these were so cute.

I still don't understand how Ven could ever say that Aurora was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen in his life when he's been living with Aqua for as long as he can remember. No offense to Aurora, of course.

Really, I think Ven just needed to get out and see some other girls, so that he could appreciate that Aqua is the prettiest and most awesome of all the pretty and awesome ladies. XD

lolyes.

It sadly hasn't gotten too much advertising yet :( But I'm a bit of a crazy Disney fanatic, so, I've been following this thing for years, and I'm absolutely hyped about it, myself! In the States, it's coming out November 24, and I'm counting down the days. While it's CGI, from what I hear, it really has the heart of the 90's Disney films, and as those were always my favorites, I'm completely thrilled at this film. I mean, check out this snippet of music from the film:

YouTube - #6 - Incantation - From Disney's Tangled (sub pt)

Gosh, it's so beautiful. I actually teared up when I first heard it...

Er, haha, /offtopicness
<3

Haha, that was really cute.

Aqua is too much of a BAMF
True dat.

As for the reunion, I hope that Terra would be there. I'm not quite sure how that could happen, though. As for Vanitas...hmm. I've been writing a KHIII fic, and what I've been planning to write is Vanitas returning, but teaming up with Ventus to take down MX. He'd need a lot of incentive to do that, though. Seriously, though...
BUT REALLY, THE IMPORTANT PART IS FOR SORA OR MICKY TO TEASE AQUA ABOUT VENTUS, AND THEN SHE'S ALL WHITE KNIGHT TO HIM WHEN THEY FINALLY RESCUE HIM! <333
You, sir, hit the nail on the head.

Well, like many who ship Aqua/Ven, I was already predisposed to the ship ever since the KHII:FM+ trailer where Aqua saves Ventus and just holds him and looks at him...really, it's the whole 'White Knight' thing, the way she'll do anything to keep him safe. Also, given how Ven is kind-of sort-of the 'chosen one', so to speak, that makes this pairing a 'chosen one/protectoress' pairing, which is something I'm generally guaranteed to ship. Also...I like the height difference! XD
I agree. Especially about the height difference. |D

It's just really unique, yet classic at the same time. Plus it's adorable. <3

C

cypsiman2

I agree. Especially about the height difference. |D

The height difference facilitates Aqua being able to send Ventus to Marshmallow Hell! (I can say Hell! Maleficent said it, that totally makes it okay!)

It's just really unique, yet classic at the same time. Plus it's adorable. <3

Yeah, it draws on some very familiar dynamics, but it tweaks things around a bit to keep it fresh and notable. Also, cuter than kittens~

metrifyx

C

cypsiman2

YES. (Haha, I was totally not expecting her to say that seeing as this is a Disney game)

Hey, ever since Disney killed Bambi's mom (;_;), I wouldn't put anything past them, LOL JK.

Speaking of Marshmallow Hell...

Browsing deviantART

Heh, poor Terra; he's too tall to go on that ride! And it's the best ride in the whole park!

metrifyx

Heh, poor Terra; he's too tall to go on that ride! And it's the best ride in the whole park!

Aha, the tables are turned! All those years Ven's spent on the teacups have paid off.

I've changed my mind. The best part about Venqua is Marshmallow Hell. |D

C

cypsiman2

In truth, there is no one best part to VenQua; there is only cute, awesome, and on occasion mild awkwardness.

metrifyx

Hmm, yeah. When you think about it, there's just so many different things about Venqua that make it awesome. <3

C

cypsiman2

So, what would you say was the moment that made you realize you shipped VenQua? Mine was when Aqua was in the Dwarf Woodlands, and drew an explicit parallel between the prince waking up Snow White with a kiss, and how she felt when Ventus first woke up. XD

metrifyx

For me, it was when I saw the KHII:FM+ secret mov-
*shot*

I suppose it started making sense to me when I read Peppermint Tea's essay. I had shipped Venqua from the second I saw the characters, but I didn't have a real reason for it. After reading her essay, all of the pieces just lined up. I read it before playing Aqua's story (though I spoiled her ending when the Japanese version came out), and I could really see how every interaction pointed to Venqua. It was a really awesome feeling.

Allister Rose

French Lover

I actually thought the same too, but some fans don't agree that aqua catching ventus is enough. But really it's more than that. As we seen in BBS and the kh2FM secret ending, they seem to had a consistency in battle, terra was all alone.

but i don't think aqua catching ven is the only major thing (because really it was unavoidable for her to catch him) to really help the pairing. the one scene that i thought really pushed it in that scene was right before he was frozen when they both saw eachothers faces. it looked like the most romantic for me.

but if others have their own opinion.

C

cypsiman2

Definitely, the context is hugely important; while Aqua does save both Terra and Ventus (because she is a BAMF), with Terra its very distant, an act of magic and the action doesn't let up. But with Ventus, the action slows down, the music changes tone, Aqua physically interposes herself between Ventus and certain death, and we linger on the sight of Aqua holding Ventus in her arms. That scene in the secret trailer isn't just there to let us know that Ventus looks like Roxas, it is there to highlight the connection between Aqua and Ventus, to let us know that this is an important bond, even in the context of the bonds shared by all three of the Keyblade Knights. And while it could be read in a more 'familial' light than in a 'romantic', the fact of the matter is that if the genders were reversed, I don't really see there being any debate on the matter.

So yeah, I had to actively convince myself not to take that scene from the secret ending in a romantic light, but once the writers decided to have that scene in the Dwarf Woodlands...well, I decided that it was more than reasonable to accept the romantic interpretation. XD

metrifyx

And while it could be read in a more 'familial' light than in a 'romantic', the fact of the matter is that if the genders were reversed, I don't really see there being any debate on the matter.

Exactly. Venqua takes a classic pairing and mixes it up by swapping the gender roles. While a lot of us love it for that, it tends to backfire, which is really unfortunate as it is a great pairing once people look at the unconventionality in a different way.

Also, does anyone know any songs that describe or remind them of Venqua? I know that we've discussed "You'll Be In My Heart" before...

Allister Rose

French Lover

personally, i think that's the best song, but since both their themes are slow and sad, i was thinking of a slow song for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back