• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shanelle Gray Confirms Her Involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Maybe. I think it was stated in an interview that Luxord is one of Nomura's favorite character. It's possibly that some personal bias may happen.

That interview was from the KH2 days. He's given a few different answers since then, none of which have been consistent iirc.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
That interview was from the KH2 days. He's given a few different answers since then, none of which have been consistent iirc.

Well yeah, but I do think it could lead to him wanting give him another shot at being...well interesting lol. I have always thought that could be another reason Luxord could show up again, but I doubt he would do it only because he used to really like him

Xagzan

Awards
So, have any of the VAs actually expressed displeasure at people asking about this? Because neither of the confirmations I've seen on this thread seemed to indicate annoyance. As far as I could tell, neither of the fans involved were impolite or aggressive either. Unless the actors have actually said "please stop asking us," it seems a bit strange for you guys to be freaking out on their behalf. Like they're delicate flowers who will collapse from a simple question.

Besides, fans aren't psychic, so how should we know who has an NDA unless they tell us? And if they're not in the game, then how would they have one?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, have any of the VAs actually expressed displeasure at people asking about this? Because neither of the confirmations I've seen on this thread seemed to indicate annoyance. As far as I could tell, neither of the fans involved were impolite or aggressive either. Unless the actors have actually said "please stop asking us," it seems a bit strange for you guys to be freaking out on their behalf. Like they're delicate flowers who will collapse from a simple question.

Besides, fans aren't psychic, so how should we know who has an NDA unless they tell us? And if they're not in the game, then how would they have one?

One of the VA's (might have been Vincent Corazza?) said that the NDA they signed when they first took the role prevents them from saying if they are or aren't involved for all related projects. They don't need to have signed a new one for KH3, as it's covered in their first NDA.

And honestly, what you're implying is just plain rude. "They aren't confirming or denying their involvement or telling us stop bugging them so we have the right to keep doing it." Respect their privacy and leave them alone. If they're able to reveal info, they'll do it at their own pace.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Everyone who works on a video game is under an NDA. Literally everyone.

Xagzan

Awards
So y'all are saying Shanelle broke her agreement?

And honestly, what you're implying is just plain rude. "They aren't confirming or denying their involvement or telling us stop bugging them so we have the right to keep doing it." Respect their privacy and leave them alone. If they're able to reveal info, they'll do it at their own pace.

Sorry, but I think you set a pretty low bar for rude.

"Hey so and so, any chance you can tell us if you're working on x or y?"
"Yes/No, sorry"
"Ok, thanks"

Oh, the horror.

Sure, if people are swarming them nonstop, then I'd understand your point, but has that actually been the case? It seemed like Shanelle got a single message.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So y'all are saying Shanelle broke her agreement?

Sorry, but I think you set a pretty low bar for rude.

"Hey so and so, any chance you can tell us if you're working on x or y?"
"Yes/No, sorry"
"Ok, thanks"

Oh, the horror.

Sure, if people are swarming them nonstop, then I'd understand your point, but has that actually been the case? It seemed like Shanelle got a single message.

She likely didn’t think somebody would share a private message out to the world.

People have been swarming them, though. And the instance that is being referred to is how people are seeking out phone numbers and emails of people who have no social media to ask them about the game. Just because they are voice actors doesn’t give people the right to invade their privacy.

Xagzan

Awards
She likely didn’t think somebody would share a private message out to the world.

People have been swarming them, though. And the instance that is being referred to is how people are seeking out phone numbers and emails of people who have no social media to ask them about the game. Just because they are voice actors doesn’t give people the right to invade their privacy.

Well I'm certainly not advocating any of that. I wasn't familiar with either of those incidents, and that kind of stuff is not ok. The most I'm referring to are basic tweets and the like.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It's always such a pity. I gotta imagine most VAs are truly happy to entertain fans by giving them confirmation on their roles, sadly the hype on the Internet often breaks into these unchecked mass emotional bursts that make the whole thing rather unpleasant, because no one cared teaching proper etiquette on the Internet.
We merely point our fingers every time it happens, and then back to square one.

Think how many more opportunities we could have if out of control fans weren't such a threat.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Darkos; I agree with you. It's kinda sad. People are really hungry for news, so they've been pestering the VAs. Which is BAD.

(Worst I've been doing is having a countdown on my desktop to E3, but I know I have to be patient.)

So yeah, if anyone here is thinking of doing that..Don't do that. Let them be.

UltimaXOmega

I've been saying Luxord's time element will be significant for a while now.

Last edited:

Echoecho6

Awards
Idc if it doesn't make sense to some of you, I DO hope Larxene is a member of the 13 just so the new Organization has some freaking diversity! So far all of the members are the same personality and they all have silver/grey hair. Besides Saix and Xigbar the Organization isnt as interesting this time around. What made them such a compelling group to take on in the past was how all the members were unique and had their own plans, quirk, powers, appearance, whatever. The fact that Xehanort himself pretty much takes up half the list has always been a bit bland for me. Larxene would be a refreshing interaction in the game. Plus we need some blondes in this new Organization ^_^

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Idc if it doesn't make sense to some of you, I DO hope Larxene is a member of the 13 just so the new Organization has some freaking diversity! So far all of the members are the same personality and they all have silver/grey hair. Besides Saix and Xigbar the Organization isnt as interesting this time around. What made them such a compelling group to take on in the past was how all the members were unique and had their own plans, quirk, powers, appearance, whatever. The fact that Xehanort himself pretty much takes up half the list has always been a bit bland for me. Larxene would be a refreshing interaction in the game. Plus we need some blondes in this new Organization ^_^

Yeah... er, nope. Don't really care about the diversity of the villains. It's the heroes or sympathetic villains that provide better brand recognition. Most of the members of the original Organization XIII assumed that they were just on a mission to re-complete themselves through the maintenance of an artificial Kingdom Hearts.

Like, the purpose of 13 Xehanort is to have 13 Xehanorts. That's as duplicate as you can get. Not saying that there won't be any standout characters nor females, but I don't want Larxene's character arc butchered by shoe-horning her into the Seekers of Darkness.

Echoecho6

Awards
It wouldn't butcher her little and non consequential character arc. It just gives more to her character. She and Marluxia were trying to betray Xemnas when THAT was the old goal of the Organization. Maybe once Marluxia and Larxene learn the true goal from Xehanort they decide they want to be apart of that.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It wouldn't butcher her little and non consequential character arc. It just gives more to her character. She and Marluxia were trying to betray Xemnas when THAT was the old goal of the Organization. Maybe once Marluxia and Larxene learn the true goal from Xehanort they decide they want to be apart of that.

You do know that Marluxia and Larxene don't utter a single word to each other in Chain of Memories. Their affiliation doesn't seem to be as strong as Zexion and Lexeaus nor Axel and Saix, so I fail to see why Larxene is immediately a Seeker of Darkness just because Marluxia is.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
You do know that Marluxia and Larxene don't utter a single word to each other in Chain of Memories. Their affiliation doesn't seem to be as strong as Zexion and Lexeaus nor Axel and Saix, so I fail to see why Larxene is immediately a Seeker of Darkness just because Marluxia is.

Axel and Saix, the two guys who are one inch away from uttering death threats to one another? (actually past that in some regards)

Marluxia and Larxene might not be *friends*, but I given the series passion for backstabbing and manipulating I actually think they might have one of the most solid correlationships, based purely on a shared goal. Difference with Xehanort and Maleficent is, unless Union is going to apply some changes to Marluxia's character they are actually open with each other and see themselves as equals.
In CoM Marluxia basically interacts only to bark orders or manipulate, so it is possible to see the lack of words between the two as somewhat positivet: Larxene didn't need him to keep her in check for he trusted her.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Speaking of va I think Alyson stoner is voicing kairi instead of Hayden with va being done in February and last episode of Nashville being flim in April i think they asked Alyson do kairi voice again so don’t upset if that case again

Awards
Speaking of va I think Alyson stoner is voicing kairi instead of Hayden with va being done in February and last episode of Nashville being flim in April i think they asked Alyson do kairi voice again so don’t upset if that case again

Camilla Luddngton did Grey's and Tomb Raider at the same time... That's not an excuse... She might've just refused to voice her again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back