• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Development Leak

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Pretty sure every KH game has had cut content. Not a new thing. The worst that could happen is a KH3 final mix, or some DLC pass.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Pretty sure every KH game has had cut content.
I'm working on the KH2 platinum right now and I fought Xemnas last night and was very sad that King was never added back into the game.

For KH3 to not have cut content (whether it be concepts that never reached development phase or was cut due to technical issues etc.) would be a miracle. Hell, Insomniac include museums of cut content from their Ratchet and Clank games and there's a lot cut there too.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I mean, isn't cut content sort of a staple for KH (and most videogames in general)?
A lot of people are panicking, but "cut content" doesn't necessarily mean something like FF XV, it could just be yet another scrapped idea that didn't make it into the final product.
A shame, but not something horrific.

7th_heaven

Awards
Pretty sure the original Tokyo Team that developed the numbered Kingdom Hearts games no longer exist as a development team. At best, we could have "Tokyo Staff" working on the game.
Some KH2 key staff now is working on FF7R & Dissidia arcade. I hope they will return in next KH game

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not very good at twitter, but I've read some of the tweets from the guy. Spanish is my native tongue, and from what I was reading, the game isn't being rushed. Just that they have dates they set as a goal to stick to.

Edit* see above post

Muke

whatever
Awards
even though there are rumors right now i think he might telling the truth but let just wait and see for now
I mean… I could also just open a Twitter account and say "KH3 will release. There will be a trailer at E3. There is cut content. Water is wet." and 100% of it will most likely come true. Same outcome.

What I'm trying to say is: what he is saying is nothing nobody didn't already guess or know - doesn't make him more credible.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I mean… I could also just open a Twitter account and say "KH3 will release. There will be a trailer at E3. There is cut content. Water is wet." and 100% of it will most likely come true. Same outcome.
i know thay why i said let wait and see at the end

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm not very good at twitter, but I've read some of the tweets from the guy. Spanish is my native tongue, and from what I was reading, the game isn't being rushed. Just that they have dates they set as a goal to stick to.

Edit* see above post
See, the thing is Nomura said a long time ago that there was a release date for the game set for the studio to work towards. Everything this person says is not unique or special, and from their clean up tweets it's clear they didn't take into account how insane the fans of this series are.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Jose Alamo who is a really reliable source (leaked somethings who turned out to be right)

"If everything goes according to plan, there will be KH3 trailer at E3 and the game will be released in 2018. It will be released in 2018, even if it is not finished."...

"As many of you know, KH2, BBS and 3D had cropped content, so it's nothing new in KH. Everything planned will not be in 3, simple"

But anything cut will logically just be thrown out later as DLC. This is the first time a KH game will presumably have DLC. and will presumably have a season pass... which I am only now realizing I am absolutely doomed to buy :/ Damnit, Nomura.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
See, the thing is Nomura said a long time ago that there was a release date for the game set for the studio to work towards. Everything this person says is not unique or special, and from their clean up tweets it's clear they didn't take into account how insane the fans of this series are.

The news drought is making us fight over twitter leaks lol

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Obvious "leak" is obvious. I could have told you that information, there's nothing special about it. He basically just described game development.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Obvious "leak" is obvious. I could have told you that information, there's nothing special about it. He basically just described game development.

I guess the merit of this "leak" will not be known for a while. He has supposedly in the past, been accurate.

qbaysan

Awards
I don't see the problem with cut content? That's how KH has always been right? At the very least, we got a confirmed year, rather than speculating that it'll come out once PS5 releases or something :wink:.

"And, on the other hand, Nomura seems more interested in what will come after KH3 before KH3 itself."
If they mean FF7RE, I sort of get it. The moment SE announced that, it means the red big button has been pushed. Like a final resort or something. Of course he's going to put more effort to it now that he's assigned as the director there.

Although if they mean the next saga, makes sense too. The next one does seem like they have more groundwork than Xehanort saga actually. I'm also more excited for more Ephemera and Skuld's adventures or whatever new characters they're going to use later on too.

As long as it's still fun, I'm on the ride.

horto12485

Awards
Man i mean we need to give Nomura More time to work on Kingdom Hearts III i mean we can't have just 5 Playable Worlds and a Incomplete Story i mean they need more time

FarmerRaguna

I find it entertaining how many ripples can one person tweeting make. I mean, people are really desperate for news, but can't we actually wait for E3? And, knowing how game devepment works, I'd say that if we get the fabled release date, we can be pretty much sure they'll push it back eventually. That's just how these things work, since the release date needs to feel closer so the "hype train" can actually have a destination. That's the main reason I believe we might actually get that soon. But, overall, still taking everything with a grain of salt. I've seen this song and dance played too many times before E3. Sure, sometimes we get some actual leaks, but not holding my breath here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back