• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Coming December 20, 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not really worried about it. It is Clem's story, but we played as Lee in Season 1 and it didn't really detract from it any, it was an interesting perspective. Then we actually played as her in Season 2. Sharing the spotlight in 3 might be pretty interesting, trying to fill in the time gaps by looking at her through someone else's eyes sounds cool, and knowing then that we will switch back to her now and then is good. I trust Telltale with this.
I just don't want her pushed out wo she can die and we can continue as Javier. I'm sure he'll be awesome but I'm scared.

LEE WAS THE GREATEST I LOVE LEE LEE FOREVER

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
What spoiler? D: Season 2 is a lot more determinant than Season 1 with endings and characters (really only two of them but still). So the spoiler you saw might not be what you'd get if you played!

Well,

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ooh, so I still have a chance!? I think I am going to try it one point. Might even also continue Wolf Among Us which I stopped playing for some reason after episode 3.
After playing Life is Strange the TellTale games have felt a bit flat for some reason. But I won't deny it, at the end of WD's season 1, I cried like a waterfall. It made me feel very emotional but I feel that overall LiS was better.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I just don't want her pushed out wo she can die and we can continue as Javier. I'm sure he'll be awesome but I'm scared.

No I feel that. I honestly feel like that would be a super dumb move on their part to do that to Clem though, so here's to hoping they realize that.

AndohmygodLee- He was the number one ace dude. Never forget Lee, never forget...

Well,

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ooh, so I still have a chance!? I think I am going to try it one point. Might even also continue Wolf Among Us which I stopped playing for some reason after episode 3.
After playing Life is Strange the TellTale games have felt a bit flat for some reason. But I won't deny it, at the end of WD's season 1, I cried like a waterfall. It made me feel very emotional but I feel that overall LiS was better.

I highly recommend finishing The Wolf Among Us.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Man, I should. I don`t like it when I leave things unfinished.

Never forget Lee!

Yeah you should go back to Wolf Among Us for sure, it's some of Telltale's best.

I adore what they're doing with Batman as well. Their interpretation of a handful of these characters are some of my favorites in Batman lore, and I love their design choices. There's a particular choice at the end of episode 2 that seems to have the game branch off into two completely different scenarios. I hope they bring this level of change over to TWD Season 3 as well.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm a little worried about the Season 2 endings going into Season 3. With this timeskip I have a bad feeling they'll start S3 like the opening scene of S2 (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you played it). Anyone else feel the same way?

I really hope this doesn't happen either.

Lee might be my favorite Telltale character.

I adore what they're doing with Batman as well. Their interpretation of a handful of these characters are some of my favorites in Batman lore, and I love their design choices. There's a particular choice at the end of episode 2 that seems to have the game branch off into two completely different scenarios. I hope they bring this level of change over to TWD Season 3 as well.

I am loving their Batman series. I like the visuals, the performances, and the fight scenes. Can't wait to see what other villains they introduce.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah dude, I also fear the 5 different endings of Season 2 probably won't have any crazy impact on Season 3.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Yeah dude, I also fear the 5 different endings of Season 2 probably won't have any crazy impact on Season 3.

I'm of the same mind about it. I think that could be in part why we're getting the big time jump, other than it providing a different and fresher angle to the story. The farther away they are from the ending of the second game, the less impact it'll likely have.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
edaslpkfm5wiobgtr6x7.jpg

Season Three is debuting on December 20th.

"When family is all you have left... how far will you go to protect it? Four years after society was ripped apart by undead hands, pockets of civilization emerge from the chaos. But at what cost? Can the living be trusted on this new frontier? As Javier, a young man determined to find the family taken from him, you meet a young girl who has experienced her own unimaginable loss. Her name is Clementine, and your fates are bound together in a story where every choice you make could be your last."

If you pre-order the season pass right now on PSN, you'll get complementary copies of TWD:Season Two and Michonne apparently. Pre-ordering it on Steam gets you 10% off.

There will also be an extended first look of the ep at the Game Awards on Dec 1st.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I was literally just googling this earlier this afternoon wondering where in the hell this was and still didn't find anything. Glad this popped up though.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
[video=youtube;8PO5g0vVPlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PO5g0vVPlM[/video]

game awards trailer

Max

Staff member
Awards
The cinematic quality of this actually looks really good.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
[video=youtube;83ybr3wtCPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ybr3wtCPo[/video]

launch trailer

Jesus, this looks good.
I think I need to replay the series on the PS4 though. I originally played on 360, and well, that's just not happening anymore.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
This game already hurts me in ways I can't imagine, I love it.
Problem is, I still feel the episodes were pretty short, despite the double episode deal. I think they were an hour and 15 minutes long for me, but I can't remember if that was the norm. I had been playing through season 1, and that felt much longer.

Max

Staff member
Awards
This game already hurts me in ways I can't imagine, I love it.
Problem is, I still feel the episodes were pretty short, despite the double episode deal. I think they were an hour and 15 minutes long for me, but I can't remember if that was the norm. I had been playing through season 1, and that felt much longer.

I think Season 1's episodes felt longer as well, but I honestly also think some of them had quite a bit of fluff (like batteries for Carly's radio) or just more puzzles in general, whereas I feel Season 3 is mostly just plowing through the story.

I've definitely enjoyed both episodes so far (with the exception of famous Telltale glitches). I definitely can't wait to find out what happens next.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The episodes are definitely short. Like, even Season Two, which generally had shorter episodes than Season One, each ep was around 2-3 hours long. This was two episodes and came in at like 1-1.5 hours together. It'll be interesting to see how future episodes fare, but so far they are a bit too short, even tho the fast and forward momentum pacing of the story is interesting.

Max

Staff member
Awards
The episodes are definitely short. Like, even Season Two, which generally had shorter episodes than Season One, each ep was around 2-3 hours long. This was two episodes and came in at like 1-1.5 hours together. It'll be interesting to see how future episodes fare, but so far they are a bit too short, even tho the fast and forward momentum pacing of the story is interesting.

1-1.5 together? I didn't blaze through it that fast.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
1-1.5 together? I didn't blaze through it that fast.
The average I'm seeing is 1.5 for both. Mine personally was closer to 2 for both together and I took as much time as I could lol.

1.5-2 might be more accurate, I'll admit. Still, that leaves it around 1 hour per episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back