• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Good Dinosaur - "They go on a WILD TRIIIIIIP"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Re: The Good Dinosaur - First Full Length Trailer - November 25th 2015

Give it a shot when its released. It'll probably transform your perspective. Usually, there's one way of looking things but some are meant to be looked many ways. So far the movie is definitely going to deliver; hope its enough to freeze Frozen.

And that reminds me, the movie Dinosaurs isn't from Pixar.

Are you talking about the movie Dinosaur from Disney that had the lemurs and the carnotaurs? Then yeah that wasn't a Pixar movie. If the dinosaurs in The Good Dinosaur looked more similar to the ones in Dinosaur I think that they would work much better with the environment. They wouldn't need to look as realistic though.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

It looks like something I'd take a chance at seeing in the theatre.

I'mma need it to leave more of a Land Before Time-esque lasting impression than a fleeting Dinosaurs one tho

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

This movie was a disappointment.

Patricier21

Re: The Good Dinosaur

By the way, is there anything in The Art of The Good Dinosaur Book, or any other The Good Dinosaur related book for that matter that would have detailed anything related to Bob Peterson's original version? And if so, could anyone please share that information here?

I have been collecting any info that I can find concerning this original version and have already collected quite a few pieces of concept art and other information revealed through toys. I also have some info from the Art of Book, which also depicts a young yellow parasaurolophus alongside the other dinosaurs revealed in the article. I name her Lucy because she has no official name, and it seems to fit the same kind of names that the other three (four counting Vivian, another young ankylosaurus that you can get as a toy that comes with a little critter, look her up) cut dinsoaurs. I'd be happy to share any info with anyone who is interested [smile] I can even email to you across OneDrive/Google Drive if anyone wishes to see it all.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For the first time in forever, I felt ripped off watching a Pixar movie...

Was it just me or did it also seemed like to you some scenes felt really realistic? Looks like another blockbuster hit and the emotions are there too.

[video=youtube;lYnhckZcllU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYnhckZcllU[/video]

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
how do you feel ripped off, lol...

Cause I wanted my doubts to be broken because it's Pixar and they finally got this movie out of development hell but the end result is a movie so clustered and disjointed that I am flabbergasted that it's by the same people who made Inside Out and Toy Story.

At the very least, Sanjay's Super Team was worth my cash!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Cause I wanted my doubts to be broken because it's Pixar and they finally got this movie out of development hell but the end result is a movie so clustered and disjointed that I am flabbergasted that it's by the same people who made Inside Out and Toy Story.

At the very least, Sanjay's Super Team was worth my cash!

i find it funny, when a pixar movie doesn't reach pixar standards its considered bad lmao

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
i find it funny, when a pixar movie doesn't reach pixar standards its considered bad lmao

Usually, I'm forgiving for this cause the agenda is different from Pixar movie to movie, for instance, Cars is geared towards young kids. Sure, it wasn't that enjoyable of a movie, but unlike The Good Dinosaur, it knew what it was doing, all the key characters were relevant to the plot and the plot itself was concise. Sure, it's not "Pixar standards" but at least the franchise has a definitive identity.

But with The Good Dinosaur, you can tell that they were deliberately trying to re-create the next Finding Nemo (an example that captures the essence of Pixar) but failed fairly miserably. An entire division was shut down and a variety of people lost their jobs just so this movie could be green-lit for cinemas. You see, when livelihoods are risked to create a good movie and that doesn't pay off: then that's where the criticism is truly justified.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Usually, I'm forgiving for this cause the agenda is different from Pixar movie to movie, for instance, Cars is geared towards young kids. Sure, it wasn't that enjoyable of a movie, but unlike The Good Dinosaur, it knew what it was doing, all the key characters were relevant to the plot and the plot itself was concise. Sure, it's not "Pixar standards" but at least the franchise has a definitive identity.

But with The Good Dinosaur, you can tell that they were deliberately trying to re-create the next Finding Nemo (an example that captures the essence of Pixar) but failed fairly miserably. An entire division was shut down and a variety of people lost their jobs just so this movie could be green-lit for cinemas. You see, when livelihoods are risked to create a good movie and that doesn't pay off: then that's where the criticism is truly justified.

okay i didn't know a whole division got shut down, i just thought you were a pixar griefer. no offense to you but its not hard to look around the forum and see why.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It's bound to happen more often than not for Pixar to make a bad movie every now and then with how much Disney is probably trying to get out of them.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The behind the scenes troubles this film had is what probably destroyed it, they had like three different directors during production I think. I just don't feel the urge to see it anymore, though I may eventually, but a better Dinosaur animated film already came out in 2000 so I might stick with that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It's bound to happen more often than not for Pixar to make a bad movie every now and then with how much Disney is probably trying to get out of them.

the only truly bad movie they made was cars 2.

all these sequels aren't giving me faith either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back