• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Good Dinosaur - "They go on a WILD TRIIIIIIP"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Wasn't the original premise of the film dinosaurs living in a modern setting?

That probably would have been a better film

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
God, looking through the production notes is just depressing. They even scratched off the initial voice cast when the first director quit. Man this is reminding me of Fant4stic, though not even close to it on scale.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Wasn't the original premise of the film dinosaurs living in a modern setting?

That probably would have been a better film

wasn't there a 80s series with puppets that was real similar?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The only Pixar movie that needed a sequel was The Incredibles.

This. I say this every time someone brings up this Finding Dory garbage and Toy Story 4. I know Inside Out was a return to form, but I can't help the feeling that PIXAR is losing their touch.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
wasn't there a 80s series with puppets that was real similar?

Do you mean this?
enhanced-buzz-6809-1368227407-10.jpg

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's bound to happen more often than not for Pixar to make a bad movie every now and then with how much Disney is probably trying to get out of them.

In an interview with the President of Pixar, Ed Catmull states that Disney do not dictate what movies they are going to release. They just throw in suggestions, but at the end of the day, Pixar has final word of what movies will be released in their annual schedule.

This. I say this every time someone brings up this Finding Dory garbage and Toy Story 4. I know Inside Out was a return to form, but I can't help the feeling that PIXAR is losing their touch.

They're not losing their touch: they're just "being comfortable". Finding Dory and The Incredibles 2 are going to be good movies, but because they're sequels to established franchises: they're taking the easier pathway to a financially successful movie.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
In an interview with the President of Pixar, Ed Catmull states that Disney do not dictate what movies they are going to release. They just throw in suggestions, but at the end of the day, Pixar has final word of what movies will be released in their annual schedule.

despite what disney says, they surely have a say in what releases. i can't i.agine anybody at pixar said "lets do cars 2", especially with how good their disney merchandise was selling.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
despite what disney says, they surely have a say in what releases. i can't i.agine anybody at pixar said "lets do cars 2", especially with how good their disney merchandise was selling.

John Lasseter loves Cars. He was into motor vehicles as a child. As director of the project, he probably want to prove to the world that Cars still has some potential left in it. Cars 3 being produced was primarily his decision.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

They're not losing their touch: they're just "being comfortable". Finding Dory and The Incredibles 2 are going to be good movies, but because they're sequels to established franchises: they're taking the easier pathway to a financially successful movie.
Incredibles 2 will probably be good but I have serious doubts about Finding Dory

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

No, they are losing their touch. Aside from the first Cars, up until a point they have made nothing but absolute gold that were universally critically acclaimed. Then came Cars 2 made solely for merchandise, then Brave, and Monsters U. And they were just okay, that's what was preached in Monsters U anyway. Inside Out was a return to form, and now we're at this. That's not being comfortable. And finding dory is gonna be absolute garbage since all it is is a rehash of the first film with Dory as the main instead of Marlin. Sounds like the same situation with Cars 2, and if it weren't for Ellen we wouldn't have PIXAR wasting their time with it instead of making a new project. With Incredibles 2, ask anyone and they'll say that that's the only sequel PIXAR really needed to do. And easier pathway? lmao dude that's lazy as hell especially coming from these guys. That's inexcusable. Their only original project in the next five years is Coco, and that's pretty fucking sad.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I really wasn't that impressed with Inside Out. The only great part was the ending with all the different emotions. Oh and Bing Bong.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I really wasn't that impressed with Inside Out. The only great part was the ending with all the different emotions. Oh and Bing Bong.

bingbong was the best pixar character in recent years, i loved the movie but the odds were too stacked, only one positive emotion who was a control freak, as well as the negative ones who acted irrationally and were almost antagonists with how they acted.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I loved the cut that someone made of just the scenes outside of her mind. It ends up only being 15 minutes haha.

chuman said:
bingbong was the best pixar character in recent years, i loved the movie but the odds were too stacked, only one positive emotion who was a control freak, as well as the negative ones who acted irrationally and were almost antagonists with how they acted.

That's literally the same thing that cinema sins said about the movie in their video of it.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
okay then

so it's sad to say that this looks like it's PIXAR's first bomb. It's their lowest grossing movie ever, I'm honestly not shocked. I don't think I saw any substantial marketing for it anywhere either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back