• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, very interesting. Nomuras comment about the characters raise hope that all the trios(and people outside the trios like Namine) get enough screen time, and get to do amazing stuff.
And of course I have to insert the chamber talk Xemans had. Nomuraa! I need to know! :(

So the full article will be released tomorrow?

anniinan

I think James Arnold Taylor did a good job as Jack Sparrow. I could tell the difference at some points, but it was still a LOT better than whoever voiced Elizabeth. I still get shivers from her "OHOY MATIES!"-scene when they are boarding the ship.

And yeah, Jasmine was bad.. "Soraaaa Donaaaaald Goofyyyyyy" oh i can just touch her excitement of seeing those three again. It's like she was thinking "Oh diddly not you again.... Must. Get. The. Happy. Face. On"

And as for the topic, i cannot WAIT for the release date. And more info. And this game to FINALLY come out, please be out on 2016, i can't wait any longer!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If Kingdom Hearts III really does come out next year, it'd be cool if they released it on December 22, as that was the day that Kingdom Hearts II released in Japan. It'd be 11 years to the day if they did, and that would also be December 2016, which would match that calendar behind Eraqus that so many believe to be a hint (but I personally think it's just a calendar without any deeper meaning).

hlc1988

Awards
Is there any chance of the North American and European version of KH3 coming out close to the Japan release? It would be brilliant if that was possible... Though I'm still expecting quite a few months between them but wouldn't it be great if it was only like a month apart?

kingsoraful

Awards
Kh2 had 16 playable worlds,it's not hard to believe kh3 will have more.

Yep let's go for 20+ or heck 25. PS4 can handle it. They already said this game will have more worlds than KH2, looking hopefully at 20+

I kind of wonder if that means we're looking at a bare minimum of worlds returning and if we're looking at that, then I can expect only 3-5 returning Disney worlds and the rest new.

Which I am fine with, this does mean that they will be drawing more likely from Disney properties from all 3 eras and maybe perchance even Marvel and Star Wars. There's no way we're not getting something KH related from those two universes in KH III.

Unumus

Awards
I hope we have 20+ worlds but as the saying goes, quantity isn't quality. I'm sure that the worlds will be planned out well, I just hope they don't make that cheap move of extending play time by making you revisit every single world. Oh and nothing like KH2 Atlantica. Ever.

mittens

Haha, gotta love that we've got a release date for the release date (perhaps) :p

It's difficult to speculate what stage of development the game is in at the moment though. There's huge evidence showing it's further than everyone has thought, but vice versa there's also lots of evidence suggesting it's still got a ways to go.
Nomura himself said the game was "relatively advanced", all the worlds have been selected and now he's talking about a decided release date and secret movies.
Then again, no characters other than Sora, Donald, Goofy, Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus were shown in the trailer. Only one area of the Tangled world was in it too. Also, I believe I saw a comment of Nomura saying something like "I'm trying to decide what happens to the characters people care about", I would think that's something done very early in development??? Also we haven't seen a completed UI...

Ah, I'm not very knowledgeable with game development so I could be getting it all wrong haha, but I really hope we're surprised again in November! I wonder if/when that new world will be revealed...

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Fun fact. The original voice of Jasmine had to have the pitch of her voice lowered in the first Aladdin's post production for it to sound the way it did. Without the lowered pitch, you get what ya got in KH2.

see @ 2:30. It's just that Sora, Donald, Goofy line that sounded bad.

[video=youtube;ZpRVlhxz744]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpRVlhxz744[/video]

ROFL

"[...] Goofyyyy... want a doobie?"

That was awful. I didn't know that it had been discussed previously.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Haha, gotta love that we've got a release date for the release date (perhaps) :p

It's difficult to speculate what stage of development the game is in at the moment though. There's huge evidence showing it's further than everyone has thought, but vice versa there's also lots of evidence suggesting it's still got a ways to go.
Nomura himself said the game was "relatively advanced", all the worlds have been selected and now he's talking about a decided release date and secret movies.

It may get a little easier to understand if you scratch the whole specific release date assumption and replace it with release window.

A release window can have a very broad scope as in i.e. only a year (2017 etc.) and is much more sufficient to assume than a specific date when considering what we saw so far of KH III.

Many people seem to just jump to conclusions again that we will get a specific release date with day and month this november while that does not have to be the case at all.
Nomura or Yasue can also just go on stage in november and deliver a statement that going by the current progress of development, they aim for a release in late 2016/2017 or whatever.

This would in no way or form actually mean that they promise to deliver the game in that time period, but that they try to be ready around that time.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I still think that March 2017 will be the best time to release the game. I don't know, it just feels... right to me. Plus, as I mentioned previously, 15th anniversary. How can they NOT capitalize on that?!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not sure why people assume they have a X/X/XXX type of release date set already. Nomura said they've reached a decision about the timeframe, not the exact date. That could easily mean something as simple as "2016" like at the end of the Last Guardian trailer from E3.

And yeah, if Square want to take advantage of the series' 15th anniversary, then they should release the game on March 28th 2017. That'd be 15 years to the day of the original Kingdom Hearts releasing in Japan.

Echoecho6

Awards
With the amount of worlds appearing, I don't see it likely that we will get to visit all of them twice like we did in KH2 which is a shame. I still hope they can make it happen though, maybe THREE visits this time to keep with the trend. JK 3 is way too much I guess.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm really disappointed they are ditching the Command Deck system for the older one. What happened to the Command Deck being the "proper way" to wield the keyblade? After playing BBS, Re:coded, and DDD, whenever I play KH1 and 2, the old system just feels slow in comparison. Plus, with the Command Deck, we had access to a myriad of different spells as opposed to just a handful. Even though Nomura called the old command menu the "king of gameplay styles" I'm betting he was forced to return to it to appease nostalgia-junkies who can't stand to see things change. Things have to change to get better. It's called progress.

Echoecho6

Awards
I'm really disappointed they are ditching the Command Deck system for the older one. What happened to the Command Deck being the "proper way" to wield the keyblade? After playing BBS, Re:coded, and DDD, whenever I play KH1 and 2, the old system just feels slow in comparison. Plus, with the Command Deck, we had access to a myriad of different spells as opposed to just a handful. Even though Nomura called the old command menu the "king of gameplay styles" I'm betting he was forced to return to it to appease nostalgia-junkies who can't stand to see things change. Things have to change to get better. It's called progress.

I despised the command deck, it made things worse imo. I didn't like how I had to scroll through to get the spell or attack OR potion that I wanted to use. The kh2 system was the best, and worked the best with the ps2 controller. I always thought the reason they had to use the command deck was because the ds and 3ds didn't have as many controls so they had to make it smaller and easy enough to use on the ds or psp. You would have to keep pressing the arrow or just spam x until you got to what you wanted, and this wouldn't work with all the features we are getting in kh3. With the old style, you can just hold LB as a shortcommand and pick whichever spell you want (you would obviously customize this to make it even easier for you by putting what spells you will use more).

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I despised the command deck, it made things worse imo. I didn't like how I had to scroll through to get the spell or attack OR potion that I wanted to use. The kh2 system was the best, and worked the best with the ps2 controller. I always thought the reason they had to use the command deck was because the ds and 3ds didn't have as many controls so they had to make it smaller and easy enough to use on the ds or psp. You would have to keep pressing the arrow or just spam x until you got to what you wanted, and this wouldn't work with all the features we are getting in kh3. With the old style, you can just hold LB as a shortcommand and pick whichever spell you want (you would obviously customize this to make it even easier for you by putting what spells you will use more).

It might give you quicker access to the spells but so far you have only been able to have about 3 or 4 of them on the shortcuts so you would still have to go through the menu to get to the other spells.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I despised the command deck, it made things worse imo. I didn't like how I had to scroll through to get the spell or attack OR potion that I wanted to use.
Whiiich you also had to do in the Command Menu, twice depending on what you're doing. I also feel to add that regular attacks were separate from the Deck whereas it's part of the Menu.

I always thought the reason they had to use the command deck was because the ds and 3ds didn't have as many controls so they had to make it smaller and easy enough to use on the ds or psp. You would have to keep pressing the arrow or just spam x until you got to what you wanted, and this wouldn't work with all the features we are getting in kh3..
Days used the Command Menu, so it wasn't a case of less controls.

I'm not entirely sure why people think that the whole "15th year anniversary" is something that square would need to take advantage of. Like, what? Do you guys actually think that would boost sales or something? Absolutely senseless to me.

If the game is ready before that, there is 100% no reason to delay it until 2017 just for some tacky marketing scheme that will affect nothing.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Gathering all of this together, we can summarize that with all the worlds finalized, a secret movie confirmed, and laying out the ending, Square has felt comfortable enough to set an internal release timeframe, which could be as vague as Summer 2016, or beyond. Just because a timeframe has been set doesn't mean it'll be next year. I know first hand not to get my hopes up, been playing this series since 2002 and have only had two official numbered console entries. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back