• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Maleficent (2014)

That laugh will either make it or break it at Box Office.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

'Disney's greatest villain'

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Maleficent's motivation for Sleeping Beauty was that she didn't get invited to a christening. Her laugh is great and the fight against the Prince was great. But the greatest?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Maleficent's motivation for Sleeping Beauty was that she didn't get invited to a christening. Her laugh is great and the fight against the Prince was great. But the greatest?

She may not of had the greatest motivation, but she played the role of the villian perfectly.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Seriously, I'd understand if they'd phrased it as "Disney's most iconic villain," because that's absolutely true. But 'greatest'? The Horned King and Frollo share that title for me, personally.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

i think you guys are looking too far into what is actually an attention-grabber and not something to be taken as absolute fact.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Yes? She is the absolute definition of a villain. You spite her and she will absolutely make you pay for it. She doesn't outright kill you. No, she likes to wait. Puts the fear in your heart. Maleficent doesn't kill Aurora. She simply places a curse and tells the kingdom exactly when and how the little child shall die. The kingdom desperately burns all the spinning wheels and hides Aurora. So then when the day comes and you think there is no way the curse can happen? BOOM! Maleficent becomes a spinning wheel. She actually succeeds, a feat very little villains actually get to accomplish. She even thinks ahead and traps Prince Phillip. Again, she loves the waiting game. She does not outright kill him. Oh no. She wants him to wait a century before letting him return to Aurora to awaken her as an old man. This is entirely twisted and cunning.

Even upon her death, Maleficent goes down fighting. She makes one last attempt to eat the Prince before falling down. This is such a poetic and deeply disturbing villain. She is the true essence of evil. So, yes, Disney's greatest villain.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I dunno. Good trailer, but I'm still really iffy about this movie. I'm sure Angelina Jolie will be solid in the role of Maleficent, but I'm really doubtful about the rest of the actors..

I do not like the way she says "I too shall bestow a gift upon the child", though. Especially with her emphasis on "too". Obviously, she's trying to sound nice as Maleficent, but it sounds really forced to me. And did the three fairies really have to be CGI? Couldn't they just make them look like humans, as it was in the animated movie, and avoid turning them into generic CGI-looking creatures?

Also, it appears that the crow is be able to change into a human in this movie. This might turn out interesting but they could easily diddly this up.

Maleficent "bonding" with Aurora could be some kind of scheme to trick her into something (and I truly hope it's that instead of "I'm trying to help you"). They can give her a backstory, they can show the story from her perspective and make her somewhat more relatable, but please, Disney: do not ruin her character by turning her into something other than "evil".

Of course, I'm just jumping to conclusions based on trailers, which is silly. But yeah.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Don't know if it's been said but Maleficent was bumped from July 2nd back to the end of May.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

i'm also wondering where the green skin be at

unless they think green skin is too far out of people's range of belief for this film

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Maleficent always had a weird ass shade of green that phased between a dullish grey and sickly green. As long as they keep the black/purple/green color scheme in her clothing, I really don't see it mattering much about her skin color. Too green and you'll think you are watching Wicked.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

It's an AU version of the story, so there's bound to be major differences in the designs.

I've seen the trailer about 13 times now. I just love Angelinas deliveries of the lines in the trailer. She seems to be channeling a bit of Eleanor Audley in her performance, which I like. I hope this isn't all the best moments.

i'm also wondering where the green skin be at

unless they think green skin is too far out of people's range of belief for this film

The horns are more iconic if you ask me. But there are plenty of reasons. The green skin might not have tested well in makeup, like Voldemort's eye color in Harry Potter. The green used in Sleeping Beauty isn't Witch of the West green, after all, but a much paler and even subtler shade. The vibrancy is mostly from promo materials. Even Maleficent in KH isn't that green.

Maleficent always had a weird ass shade of green that phased between a dullish grey and sickly green. As long as they keep the black/purple/green color scheme in her clothing, I really don't see it mattering much about her skin color. Too green and you'll think you are watching Wicked.

Exactly.

Though, now that I think of it, maybe they'd planned to use the color correction process for her skin? Doubt it, though.

I dunno. Good trailer, but I'm still really iffy about this movie. I'm sure Angelina Jolie will be solid in the role of Maleficent, but I'm really doubtful about the rest of the actors..

I do not like the way she says "I too shall bestow a gift upon the child", though. Especially with her emphasis on "too". Obviously, she's trying to sound nice as Maleficent, but it sounds really forced to me. And did the three fairies really have to be CGI? Couldn't they just make them look like humans, as it was in the animated movie, and avoid turning them into generic CGI-looking creatures?

Also, it appears that the crow is be able to change into a human in this movie. This might turn out interesting but they could easily diddly this up.

Maleficent "bonding" with Aurora could be some kind of scheme to trick her into something (and I truly hope it's that instead of "I'm trying to help you"). They can give her a backstory, they can show the story from her perspective and make her somewhat more relatable, but please, Disney: do not ruin her character by turning her into something other than "evil".

Of course, I'm just jumping to conclusions based on trailers, which is silly. But yeah.

well,obviously the nicety is a pretense on her behalf, and it was very thinly veiled in the cartoon as well.

the fairies.....I dont consider them generic, but the design of the one is not memorable. But i like they went with CGI because live action fairies often seem like a very difficult effect to pull off like that convincingly.

I dont believe the crow changes into a human. I rather took that shot as an apparatus of sorts.

"Evil" is not born; it's made. So naturally an origins story is like that. The official synopsis and the leaked script(which this looks like a massive improvement from) say that she's a sort of caretaker of the forest. Ties in nicely with the thorns at least.

And Hero/Villain relationships are often the most interesting, especially when you already know there can be no harmonious ending for them.

UPDATE: just saw the grammy preview of this filmAnybody who thought the last trailer was too light should be pleased. :)

Looks good. Love her in the throne. And the creepy rendition of OUAD was great.

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I've gotta admit I was skeptical about this at first, but the trailer at the grammi's was actually really good. Looks like one of Disney's best live action films in a while.

Edited for Doubleposting.

You know you can delete your posts, right?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

[video=youtube;_pgmFAOgm5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_pgmFAOgm5E[/video]

OK WELL THIS COULD BE PRETTY DAMN DECENT

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Holy fuck that trailer is sooo good.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

First few seconds I'm like "ok" but then it just kept getting better and better. This is on the Disney Must See List.

Back