• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Hunter x Hunter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Re: Hunter X Hunter

Bumping this because this is very much worth watching for anyone who is a fan of shounen.

Or for anyone who's a fan of anime, honestly.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I haven't watched it in awhile, when it comes to watching adaptations of anime I'm still reading the manga of I put other series ahead of it on my watch list, nonetheless this is one series that I refuse to drop out of laziness.

The manga is just becoming so good that it is pushing through other series I read and trying to cement itself in my Top 5 favourites.

Where is the anime currently?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

The anime is currently at the part of the Hunter Exam that involves them trying to capture each others name plates. It's towards the end of that particular exam, having just concluded Gon's hunt for Hisoka and now on the point where he, Kurapika and Leorio are trapped in cave because of the dead Bourbon's snakes.

Esso

Fire Breaker
I'm still up to date with it weekly, but I keep hearing complaints about this remake beig mediocre compared to the oler adaption(though I myself haven't really watched it). But I'm liking what's going on in the story so far, and hoping for even better things to come after this Hunter Exam arc is through with. I'd read ahead the manga, but I can't bring myself to do so since this became I serious I'd rather be surprised at watching the anime, so I sometimes look into the manga for comaprisons.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I watched through the hunter exam part of the first anime to compare the two.

Honestly, I don't know why people would say the first version is definitely better outside of nostalgia. There are pacing differences and some weird choices (such as leaving out a few scenes in the beginning which are apparently really important in later arcs), so I might just not be far enough along in it to understand why people dislike it.

However, as it stand now, I think this is just as enjoyable.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
About 6 episodes in.

So far, this is a really good shounen series. All of the characters are really likable. Gon is pretty much the perfect shonen protagonist: upbeat, innocent, determined, with unique skills of his own, but it comes off more as endearing than anything else. Whenever he speaks he just puts a smile on your face because he's such a good kid.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Anybody read the latest chapter?

Ging is pretty much adult Yusuke, and I love every second he's on screen with Gon. And Pariston is easily the single greatest troll in the world. After all this complex strategizing and surprisingly intense political struggles, renouncing his position as chairman the second he becomes chairman, just to piss off the other zodiacs. Amazing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wut? This series still lives?

I somehow lost track of it since they stopped releasing the manga in Germany after volume 27 and the Nexgear-forum, which was once a well known place for this baby, went offline.

The last chapter I read was 310 I think...and I still have the whole 62 TV-Episodes anime and all OVAs somewhere on DVD, lol.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
It's going on hiatus again? Jesus christ. This manga's like the eclipse. Once every few years you get to some new chapters, and it's pretty great, but it only lasts a short while. I mean, come on. Gon finally caught up with his dad, the thing he's been aiming for since chapter 1. And now he goes on hiatus? >:X

I really hate being invested in this series.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Again, I really hate that this series is about to go on hiatus again. Because the most recent chapter was really good, and reminded me of when the Phantom Troupe was revealed. Had that same air of large things happening, but there's no telling what's going to happen next.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
"which is believe to feature Phantom Troupe versus the Kurta Clan"

Holy bejesus this could be fantastic.

Endless Strategy

"which is believe to feature Phantom Troupe versus the Kurta Clan"

Holy bejesus this could be fantastic.

I hate to bring up that Uchiha parallel, as I think the Kurta superior in near every way, but I hope they make them formidable instead of being taken down effortlessly ala the 1-man Uchiha massacre. Emperor Time is too strong to go to waste.

EightBitRed

Bronze Member
It's going on hiatus again? Jesus christ. This manga's like the eclipse. Once every few years you get to some new chapters, and it's pretty great, but it only lasts a short while. I mean, come on. Gon finally caught up with his dad, the thing he's been aiming for since chapter 1. And now he goes on hiatus? >:X

I really hate being invested in this series.

He needs to pleasure his wife more, give him a break.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
If it hadn't been for Togashi having numerous hiatus before this one, I would say he's taken this so he can write the new movie (which he apparently has) but I'm not sure if that is his reason for it haha.

They will make them more formidable than the Uchiha. I mean they have to put a whole film around it.

DerringerZONE!

Hiatus or not, HxH is still at the top of my anime/manga list. I just had a wtf moment when the Chimera Ant King turned out to look like Cell's twin brother. But in all, I really wanna see this through. I stopped watching the remake of the anime though, waiting until they get to the York Shin arc so I can bask in the glory of Kuroro Lucifer.

Yes, fangirl mode. I can't help it. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back