• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

I'll honestly be happy with whoever. I won't be butt hurt over whoever they choose. However, I'm just saying...Data!Riku does not only have a fanbase rooting for him, but actual story relevance, where as Repliku only has the former. But to each their own I suppose. One can only dream, so I say DREAM ON TEAM REPLIKU :)

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

There is already fanservice everywhere. Axel had a fitting end and perfect exit, yet he's coming back. All or some of the Org13 coming back is fanservice. Why not throw the Repliku fans a bone? He'd probably only be in this game with a tiny role anyway.

I'll leave and let you facepalm.
Did you even bother reading my edit? And yeah, a few characters like Axel showed for fanservice, but that was only because he had a further role to play due to having connections to a character we barely knew about to the point that I already speculated he'd come back. Riku Replica's creation, role, and death were all given in one specific game which completely diminishes the chances of him having enough significance to appear again. And besides, if you actually read my posts a few pages back, I mentioned the possibility of seeing both of the Rikus in the Realm of Sleep and even explanations for Riku Replica. I just think that the specific Riku we saw in Monstro at that point in time was Data Riku due to having an organization coat and apparently tracking Riku down.

Once again, can you guys forgive me or what?
Blueheart, I've told you before. The KH2 novels hinted at Axel's return YEARS before KH3D was ever conceived. We've even known since the KH2 novels that if the Nobody and Heartless are destroyed, we'd get the somebody again, but it wasn't considered 1st tier canon until Re:coded when Yen Sid confirmed this.
Ethy to the rescue! I don't know what I'd do without you!

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Okay, I'm sorry for acting so conceited. I didn't mean to bash your theories like that, it's just that I wanted to prove that most of the evidence we've gathered so far was opinion-related and not fact. It's definitely not a bad thing though and we all love some characters too. I just think it's a little one-sided to stand by something to the point where you stay just because you like this character more than the opposing one. I prefer going where most of the facts point out, but it's okay to do the opposite. I hope you can forgive me.
It's fine. Nothing like "epic" Riku debates to get people going. I just don't think a 3 second clip from an 8 minute trailer is enough to declare total victory. Honestly it's what makes your sides theory as incredible as it is. That you could connect all these points from other games and relate them to what little we've seen. My side doesn't have much and unless more is revealed we probably won't. Call it wishful thinking but I'll just stick with my side until proven otherwise. So agree to disagree for now I guess.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I love Repliku, but I also love it when a series actually makes sense instead of throwing fanservice at us...which is what bring Repliku back would be. He had a fitting end and a perfect exit from the series. I'd hate to have it ruined by this...sudden resurrection of everyone.

Fanservice was the only reason as to why Axel lived up until Sora went to The World That Never Was.
He was originally meant to be killed by Roxas on his last day.
The only time Sora was ever meant to see Axel, was in CoM.
Axel was just loved by so many people, that he was kept in.

If you watch the the beta trailer for KH2, when the Org. Members arrive at The Great Crest, there's one less than what appears in the finished product.
That's because Axel wasn't meant for that shot.

But anyways.....fan service can do quite a bit. I'm not 100% happy when it does, but it does, there's little doubt in that.

Repliku was and is really one of my favorite characters, he had a tragic story and a fitting end. Has he outlived his role.....for CoM and within the RoL, yes.
He does not belong in the RoL anymore.
Fan service is most definitely not my reasoning. Both Repliku and Data!Riku were developed and introduced well.
Though I can only see the reason why the Journal chose Riku as it's host of choice, was to be someone that would be recognizable and trusted among the gang and Data!Sora.
(Also because Riku wasn't going to play a role in the game otherwise)

It's the fact that there really is no sense of death in KH, that can hint in a return. Usually it applies to those with hearts, being born/reborn from sleep.

If anything, I thought Repliku would have reappeared in a game that took place within the RoD. (BBSv2 comes to mind)

If it is Repliku, then it makes sense that'd he be in Prankster's Paradise and within Monstro.
He has become a "Dark Riku" in a sense. He hates his own existence since he can't be somebody as long as Riku lives.
So if Repliku was sent to the RoS when Riku defeated him, it would've made him happier since Riku did not exist in this realm.

So if this is Repliku, and he is the one causing the "damage" inside Monstro, it would be to cause upset in Riku.
Most likely, Riku hates what he did in Monstro, to Geppetto and Pinocchio.

He could play a role in this world alone, or others, acting against Riku.
I am unaware if Repliku had a heart of his own, but it may not matter. It is late and I'm going to sleep before I stop making sense.
(Hopefully most of what I've said has made sense)

SIDE NOTE::::

Crazy Mario.....you turned......

41575_17762269307_4455633_n.jpg

Crazy Mario

It's fine. Nothing like "epic" Riku debates to get people going. I just don't think a 3 second clip from an 8 minute trailer is enough to declare total victory. Honestly it's what makes your sides theory as incredible as it is. That you could connect all these points from other games and relate them to what little we've seen. My side doesn't have much and unless more is revealed we probably won't. Call it wishful thinking but I'll just stick with my side until proven otherwise.
I can totally respect that and as a former Repliku supporter, I humbly give you my regards! I won't mind whatever Riku it turns out to be, I just want to have fun by arguing with another side that has loads of information to back up their theory like mine, which unfortunately hasn't happened yet. If you read my posts on the first pages, I really wasn't set on Repliku in the first place, I merely chose him because I thought he'd be cooler to see after such a long time. But after Lonbilly, Chaser, Ethnic Woman, and heck, even MYSELF gave opinions on how both sides could work, I could't help, but see how much Data Riku had going for him. Anyways, let's just have fun with this whole thing!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

He 'died' went to the RoS, showed up in front of Riku, and hopfully some interesting conflict occurs.
But then where did he get the cloak? We need the Foxxy Five to solve this mystery.
tumblr_lwujqiDV701qcbdpro1_500.png

So if this is Repliku, and he is the one causing the "damage" inside Monstro, it would be to cause upset in Riku.

I thought Repliku was fine with Riku, and was happy to have met his end.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

But then where did he get the cloak? We need the Foxxy Five to solve this mystery.
tumblr_lwujqiDV701qcbdpro1_500.png

The same can be asked.... "Where did Young Xehanort acquire his coat?"

But I'm sure someone will come up with a better answer for him, rather than for Riku.

The Foxxy Five can solve that mystery, but I think we'll need Mystery Inc. to find out which Riku it is.

images

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The same can be asked.... "Where did Young Xehanort acquire his coat?"

But I'm sure someone will come up with a better answer for him, rather than for Riku.
The Xehanorts(Omg, can we make a sitcom of the Xehanort family? :D) is most likely the creator of the coats, they'd probably have many with them. If not, Xemnas would have summoned one for his younger, real self.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

The Xehanorts(Omg, can we make a sitcom of the Xehanort family? :D) is most likely the creator of the coats, they'd probably have many with them. If not, Xemnas would have summoned one for his younger, real self.

Only if....

-MX plays the Grandfather who babbles on about the "old days" which would actually be stories about the Keyblade War which he'll never finish.

-Xemnas plays the Father.
-Ansem SoD plays the Uncle.
-Young Xehanort (3D) plays the obnoxious/creepy young son.
-AX plays the son in college.

Anymore I'm missing......any better thoughts......

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Only if....

-MX plays the Grandfather who babbles on about the "old days" which would actually be stories about the Keyblade War which he'll never finish.

-Xemnas plays the Father.
-Ansem SoD plays the Uncle.
-Young Xehanort (3D) plays the obnoxious/creepy young son.
-AX plays the son in college.

Anymore I'm missing......

The mother with the curly hair, always baking and wearing an apron.

Now we're just TO far off-topic

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I'm just saying this argument would be a lot more convincing if the Riku was wearing the KH1-darkness jumpsuit thing (that all have the Riku's have worn) instead of the Organization suit (which is Data!Riku's main outfit). I'm just saying. A lot of wishful thinking is being put into it being Repliku besides actual sensible argumentative points...not to sound rude or anything.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

A lot of wishful thinking is being put into it being Repliku besides actual sensible argumentative points...not to sound rude or anything.
Oh, I don't find it rude at all. At this point, we're relying on Ethy to think up theories herself to debunk.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Oh, I don't find it rude at all. At this point, we're relying on Ethy to think up theories herself to debunk.
Well I hope she doesn't. Kinda defeats the purpose of making a theory to help prove a point of view when it can easily be debunked by the same person. Also I think Marx15 came up with a something decent on the last page, and by decent I mean A lot Better than Mine.

As far as the black coats go Xehanort isn't the only one giving them out. DiZ had a couple to give to Riku and Mickey. Mickey's even had a special hood to cover his ears.

Crazy Mario

The mother with the curly hair, always baking and wearing an apron.

Now we're just TO far off-topic
Terra, of course! Since he's the one person to be from another family tree, but related to the Xehanorts, so he'd be perfect! And Vanitas could be the adopted son that you barely see in any episode!

Okay, I'll get back to the topic...

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

[/FONT][/COLOR]
I thought Repliku was fine with Riku, and was happy to have met his end.

Well I thought there was a difference in the GBA version and PS2 version of his death, and the only major thing is what he says in the end.

GBA-
"Heh, how original"
"Oh well"

PS2-
"A fatihful replica, until the very end."
"That's okay......."

He saw himself as a borrowed existence in both, everything about him was taken from someone else. He really hated himself more than he hated Riku, but he made it seem that he hated Riku, since he blamed Riku for everything really. He wouldn't be a replica, if it wasn't for Riku. At least not Riku's replica.
From the original, it seems like he'd care less whether he lived or died.
From the remake, he seemed more at okay with dieing, yes.

But that doesn't mean that he feels that way still. He could be even madder than before, since in a sense, he is still alive.

If he was happy to die, then he'd be pissed to be alive.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I'm just saying this argument would be a lot more convincing if the Riku was wearing the KH1-darkness jumpsuit thing (that all have the Riku's have worn) instead of the Organization suit (which is Data!Riku's main outfit). I'm just saying. A lot of wishful thinking is being put into it being Repliku besides actual sensible argumentative points...not to sound rude or anything.

Why does he have to be wering the jump suit? It seems liek anybody and ther mother can pull out and organzation jacket from thin air mickey, moogles, real riku, who later has to get a larger one.

Crazy Mario

Well I thought there was a difference in the GBA version and PS2 version of his death, and the only major thing is what he says in the end.

GBA-
"Heh, how original"
"Oh well"

PS2-
"A fatihful replica, until the very end."
"That's okay......."

He saw himself as a borrowed existence in both, everything about him was taken from someone else. He really hated himself more than he hated Riku, but he made it seem that he hated Riku, since he blamed Riku for everything really. He wouldn't be a replica, if it wasn't for Riku. At least not Riku's replica.
From the original, it seems like he'd care less whether he lived or died.
From the remake, he seemed more at okay with dieing, yes.

But that doesn't mean that he feels that way still. He could be even madder than before, since in a sense, he is still alive.
I could see him getting mad because this is the one place where he can have his own place, friends, and most of all, his own life. Seeing Riku being in the one place where he thought he could make a difference is definitely gonna drive the guy nuts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Riku there didn't seem pissed though. He seemed like he was there on official business. I got that from his facial expression, don't ask how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back