• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance at TGS 2011

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Beiber isn't 'owned' by Disney. Geez, if it was a Disney thing, it would either be Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez or the Jonas Brothers, but everyone with at least 1 brain cell would know this would never happen.

parkage1225

Beiber isn't 'owned' by Disney. Geez, if it was a Disney thing, it would either be Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez or the Jonas Brothers, but everyone with at least 1 brain cell would know this would never happen.

Haha relax :-]..it was a joke..entire sarcasm.i was referring to Disney branding itself more in the game..tobe honest my friend I have no Idea who the
Disney kids are anymore..i just threw the beibster in there cause everyone knows the kid..but you gotta admit..it would really be something haha

Last edited:

sdr08

a collection will likely get announced...maybe trailers for DDD and BBSV2, and a interview.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yeah, I never want to hear Utada's songs again. New artist, or no theme song.

parkage1225

Haha..thatd be something like one of those big cg openings that kh is known for with total silence..maybe slip a cricket or a fart or two in there xD I..like..it

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I think that they should use "Iron" by Woodkid. (just kidding, they'd never do that)

...but it'd be cool. If they do show off anything for 3D, I just hope it's some new worlds. and some new FF characters, possibly Lightning (it's an instant buy for me if she's in it.)

blueheart

Bronze Member
I frankly believe SE should milk her song Sanctuary for two more games,.

No. I can't take that song. I hate Sanctuary. It wouldn't even fit to DDD or BBv2, imo.

But, I don't want to hear Simple & Clean again, either. They should get her to do a new song. Or get someone else like her to do it.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
So... confession time.

I knew Nomura wouldn't be at E3 though various contact networks. The years he does goes go he's still pretty reclusive and he doesn't like doing interviews with press, especially foreign press and he's not a very public figure. The last time he was at E3 he basically popped out and said "no interviews" and SENA PR were just kind dumbfounded lol.

But yeah TGS he probably won't be there, but we'll see a lot more from PDD1.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
PDD1 is "Production Development Division 1".

Basically the main team that works on mainline Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles.

A lot of people think there's a "Kingdom Hearts team" but it doesn't really work that way. PDD1 jumps between mainline franchises. Fun fact: The original team that made Kingdom Hearts was 1/2 of the Final Fantasy X team while the other half made Final Fantasy X-2 (which required fewer staff).

This is how Square-Enix is organized to the best of my knowledge:

PDD / Description / Head of Division / Recent or Notable Franchises & Games
PDD1: Flagship - Yoshinori Kitase (mainline Final Fantasy, mainline Kingdom Hearts)
PDD2: Spinoffs & IPs - Akitoshi Kawazu (The Last Remnant, SaGa, Crystal Chronicles)
PDD3: MMORPGs - Hiromichi Tanaka (Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV)
PDD4: Quest - Yasumi Matsuno (Ivalice Alliance and most of FFXII, Tactics Ogre)
PDD5: Osaka - Yusuke Hirata (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Musashi: Samurai Legend)
PDD6: Inactive/defunct - Toshiro Tsuchida (Front Mission)
PDD7: Ports and Remakes - Takashi Tokita (FFIV DS & FFIV TCC, FF: 4 Heroes of Light)
PDD8: Inactive/defunct - Koichi Ishii (Mana series)
PDD9: Enix / Dragon Quest - Yuu Miyake (Dragon Quest series)
PDD10: Contractees - Yosuke Saito (This division handles outside contractees like h.a.n.d which they supervise to make games like Days and other IPs. Nier from former studio cavia would have fallen under this.)

Other development divisions abroad (mostly Eidos):
Square-Enix LA (Project Dropship, also I think their studio was axed recently. :I)
Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider)
IO Interactive (Hitman, Kane & Lynch)
Eidos Montréal (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
Beautiful Game Studios (Championship Manager)
Eidos Shanghai (middleware)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Did Nomura even say he was going to TGS? How do you take it that he won't be there?

He hasn't said yet if he'll go but they'll probably have the game's producer there to talk about it. Nomura doesn't make many public appearances or interviews. A lot of Square-Enix personnel have Twitters now, but he only updates one or two of the official ones with a rare message like "oh i hope you enjoy our game i am looking foward to discussion about it heeho"

noheartx

woah. how did you find all that out? thats insane, i respect your knowledge good sir.

But are you telling me Nomura Himself will not be there, or Kingdom Hearts will be there? I mean, just becaue Nomura is not there, doesn't mean that someone else can't introduce DDD or possibly BBSV2? Right? I mean the lead director of PDD1 could just do it. Or Osaka if they're working on BBSV2. Can someone tell me who's working on DDD, because I don't think it's Osaka. I mean it's gotta be a nintendo party right?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay everyone, there has been no news about TGS at all yet okay. So no one knows if Nomura will be there or not or anything about TGS. Let's be clear on that. We probably wont have news on TGS until late july or early August at the earliest, that is if TGS is in September this year. I believe a few times it has been in October or November. But usualy TGS is in September.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
But are you telling me Nomura Himself will not be there, or Kingdom Hearts will be there? I mean, just becaue Nomura is not there, doesn't mean that someone else can't introduce DDD or possibly BBSV2?

Uhhhhh yeah that's basically what he said.

DanX

Okay so if Nomura isn't there than producers can show the game, that's good. PDD1 will most likely be at E3 with a playable FF Versus XIII demo and a release date of christmas 2012. Also I think that there will be a 3D demo and release date of January 2012 for japan. Interview with Nomura in Famitsu possibley ?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay so if Nomura isn't there than producers can show the game, that's good. PDD1 will most likely be at E3 with a playable FF Versus XIII demo and a release date of christmas 2012. Also I think that there will be a 3D demo and release date of January 2012 for japan. Interview with Nomura in Famitsu possibley ?
Bit optimistic aren't you?

Youniquee

Awards
Tbh, I think Christmas 2012 is realistic..it did begin production in 2010 after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back