• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo's next console

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's coming out in 2012? I thought these systems were supposed to have 10 year lifespans.

As mentioned, it were the other two that were to have a ten year lifespan. Though, if you ask me, trying to stretch a console for ten years seems like a dumb idea.

of course since the wii was a failure

Tell that to those at Nintendo currently lining the insides of their jackets with cash.

On a separate note, I find it very unlikely that either Microsoft or Sony are going to wait for the ten year mark to release their next consoles.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Sony will probably do what they did with PS2. Still release games for the PS3 after their next console comes out albeit they'll probably be shovelware and games with practically almost no hype.

I was planning on buying a Wii for a few games but with these news I'm glad I've haven't bought one yet, hehe.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
As mentioned, it were the other two that were to have a ten year lifespan. Though, if you ask me, trying to stretch a console for ten years seems like a dumb idea.

Tell that to those at Nintendo currently lining the insides of their jackets with cash.

On a separate note, I find it very unlikely that either Microsoft or Sony are going to wait for the ten year mark to release their next consoles.
Because people were saps when it first came out thats all.

Pianoajd2

I'm really starting to wonder here...can the next system really be compatible with previous Wii titles?

If it's supposed to have a new controller, how is this gonna work? Maybe if the system utilizes the disc's 720p resolution and a sensor bar input...

It's interesting to think about.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Indeed, seeing as how "saps" are still buying the console, I used that in order to make the sarcastic joke.

I'm sorry its just theres only like a few good games out there that I own for the Wii and the other few are just plain crap. I mean I haven't seen ay eye catching games for the wii in such a long time I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever make another decent game. There was another game I hoped for, but it never made it overseas. Xenoblade.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I'm really starting to wonder here...can the next system really be compatible with previous Wii titles?

If it's supposed to have a new controller, how is this gonna work? Maybe if the system utilizes the disc's 720p resolution and a sensor bar input...

It's interesting to think about.

The same way the Wii uses he NGC controllers. Ever played SSBB?

Pianoajd2

The same way the Wii uses he NGC controllers. Ever played SSBB?

That was different. It's not a traditional controller. These are motion controllers we're talking about...although...

I guess it'll be like adding the PSmove to a regular PS3, except the motion control is old.

Dr_Mario64

Why do I get the feeling the Microsoft and Sony (especially Sony) are going to fight this the moment Nintendo annnounces it @ E3? I know Nintendo's always had the advantage by getting an early start on the competition, but I'm still worried. As much fun as it is to discuss the way that the love-hate relationship that is Nintendo will take me next, I have to ask if I'm the only one who is getting sick of hearing anything that has to do with consoles relating to the "Big Three". Seriously, all I ever hear is "Microsoft this", "Nintendo that", and "Sony the other thing". No offense to any of them, but it's almost embarassing to talk about eons-old companies that still rely on the same worn-out marketing strategies and raise debates that die-hard fans nearly wage war over! I am perfectly willing to affix my confidence to a newcomer with bold ideas and a willingness to deviate from traditions that have run the innovation well dry to the point of evaporation. Doesn't anyone else think it's high time a fourth empire emegerd in this war of the worlds?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'm sorry its just theres only like a few good games out there that I own for the Wii and the other few are just plain crap. I mean I haven't seen ay eye catching games for the wii in such a long time I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever make another decent game. There was another game I hoped for, but it never made it overseas. Xenoblade.
There are plenty of good games on Wii. Granted, not many this year, but over its lifetime a decent library has piled up. The games are just harder to find, and far less publicized and hyped than the popular games on competing systems. Basically, Wii has far more games than the other consoles so finding the good ones is much harder. You have to wade through piles of crap to find the gems. Granted, some genres are very underrepresented, such as everyone's favorite shooters, but there are plenty of "good" games in a broader sense. And I'm not just talking first/second party stuff.

Have you played Muramasa? Sin and Punishment? Monster Hunter Tri? Little King's Story? Zack and Wiki? Those are all excellent relatively obscure (at least outside of Japan) titles. They may not be eye catching, but in an industry where the most famous figure is a cartoon mustachioed Italian plumber in a whimsical mushroom world, I don't think that's really a fair standard. I'm not going to say Wii has more good games than other systems, but it definitely isn't all crap.

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles is confirmed for PAL, so it's only a matter of time before it's announced in America as well. I think an E3 announcement is imminent. I mean, really, it's going to be in English already, why wouldn't it come overseas? I'm still waiting eagerly on Last Story, though.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
There are plenty of good games on Wii. Granted, not many this year, but over its lifetime a decent library has piled up. The games are just harder to find, and far less publicized and hyped than the popular games on competing systems. Basically, Wii has far more games than the other consoles so finding the good ones is much harder. You have to wade through piles of crap to find the gems. Granted, some genres are very underrepresented, such as everyone's favorite shooters, but there are plenty of "good" games in a broader sense. And I'm not just talking first/second party stuff.

Have you played Muramasa? Sin and Punishment? Monster Hunter Tri? Little King's Story? Zack and Wiki? Those are all excellent relatively obscure (at least outside of Japan) titles. They may not be eye catching, but in an industry where the most famous figure is a cartoon mustachioed Italian plumber in a whimsical mushroom world, I don't think that's really a fair standard. I'm not going to say Wii has more good games than other systems, but it definitely isn't all crap.

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles is confirmed for PAL, so it's only a matter of time before it's announced in America as well. I think an E3 announcement is imminent. I mean, really, it's going to be in English already, why wouldn't it come overseas? I'm still waiting eagerly on Last Story, though.

Well thats good to hear, I mean I loved Xenosaga and Xenogears, and I was just hoping they would give us Xenoblade too. If it does come overseas then I guess I'll be quiet about hte Wii being the crappiest system.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
^ wait, it didn't sound like they where even sure it would be stronger then PS3, I thought it would be much stronger kinda like we expect PS4/Xbox 720(or something) to be. Oh well, I guess we just have to wait till E3 to find out

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Why do I get the feeling the Microsoft and Sony (especially Sony) are going to fight this the moment Nintendo annnounces it @ E3? I know Nintendo's always had the advantage by getting an early start on the competition, but I'm still worried. As much fun as it is to discuss the way that the love-hate relationship that is Nintendo will take me next, I have to ask if I'm the only one who is getting sick of hearing anything that has to do with consoles relating to the "Big Three". Seriously, all I ever hear is "Microsoft this", "Nintendo that", and "Sony the other thing". No offense to any of them, but it's almost embarassing to talk about eons-old companies that still rely on the same worn-out marketing strategies and raise debates that die-hard fans nearly wage war over! I am perfectly willing to affix my confidence to a newcomer with bold ideas and a willingness to deviate from traditions that have run the innovation well dry to the point of evaporation. Doesn't anyone else think it's high time a fourth empire emegerd in this war of the worlds?
No. I'm pretty much good with the 3 we already have no need for a fourth.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
No. I'm pretty much good with the 3 we already have no need for a fourth.

agreed, and here I thought graphics couldn't get any better than the PS3, but I have to wait now for E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back