• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas and Master Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
If Vanitas was pure evil

and had a heart of full darkness

why the hell did Vanitas never betray MX? Why be loyal to him and follow him if he can kill him? He's "pure evil"....

remember when Vanitas KO Ven and was gonna kill him he said
"Worthless. I should kill you now. I may be going against master's orders but oh well."

that means he didnt even hesitate to disagree and NOT do what he's told from Xehanort

Why not betray MX right there and then when fighting Terra?

MasterAqua

Website
www.facebook.com
He needed MX untill he fused with Ven and obtained the X-Blade.
His final dialogue with Aqua hinted that Vanitas only lust after the power of the keyblade and want a second Keyblade War to happen in order to satisfy his lust for battle.

He doesn't care at all about MX, he is just useful to his own ends.

(That's how I see it XD)

Allister Rose

French Lover
well let's not guess here. it seems vanitas was trying to stall the ekybalde war at one point when he wanted to kill ventus once even though MX needed both of them for the X-blade

xStarSeekerx

He's not evil, he's heart is full of darkness that's all

just like riku, darkness overcame his heart. but he stayed good.

kiante

Vanitas? He wasn't good. By no means. In fact...now that I think about it, he kind of proves that darkness IS truly evil (a balance is not necessary) since he was pure darkness.

I don't think he was really trying to stall the Keyblade War, he's just a very emotional being (like a heartless). He acts more on instinct sometimes, and his instinct is to kill.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Personally...I think if MX wanted to, he could put Vanitas in his place.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Probably becuae he still needed MX to a certain extent. Not to mention that MX can probably pwn him well enough.

kiante

You know what the real question about Vanitas is? Why did they pronounce his name that way?! Van EEE tuss. Sounds like Denise to me. It should have been Van i tas, which sounds kind of like veritas, but with a van rather than a ver.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
You know what the real question about Vanitas is? Why did they pronounce his name that way?! Van EEE tuss. Sounds like Denise to me. It should have been Van i tas, which sounds kind of like veritas, but with a van rather than a ver.

That's how it's pronounced in latin. Though the "V" is supposed to make a "W" sound but that would really sound odd then.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
He needed MX untill he fused with Ven and obtained the X-Blade.
His final dialogue with Aqua hinted that Vanitas only lust after the power of the keyblade and want a second Keyblade War to happen in order to satisfy his lust for battle.

He doesn't care at all about MX, he is just useful to his own ends.

(That's how I see it XD)

^ this I got 25 problems & a bitch aint 1

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
In fact...now that I think about it, he kind of proves that darkness IS truly evil (a balance is not necessary) since he was pure darkness.

Um, no, darkness is NOT evil. Neither darkness or light are "evil" at all. They're just elements. That's like saying "Fire is evil!" or "Water is evil!" They're just elements and they are a part of life. A fire can burn you but it can also keep you warm. Water is needed for your body but it can also kill you.

kiante

Well, let me start by saying that BBS showed us the issue is still up for debate in the KH universe. Not everyone believes the same about it, and no one knows for sure, so I think we can speculate on it as much as any Keyblade Master.

Secondly, my point was precisely that Vanitas, SHOWED us evil. His actions were wholly evil, he never did a single good thing. Why? Because his heart was one of pure darkness.

I think back to KH2 also. In the end of CoM Riku says he'll follow the path of Twilight. The thought is that he should keep the darkness in balance in his heart, using it, but mastering it. However, by KH2, he's lost control. I once figured that the interpretation of the Twilight Balance was right in KH, but now, I'm interpreting it differently. Riku showed that darkness is NEVER a good thing, because it's nature is to corrode and consume. It can't truly be mastered, that was a fantasy.

Likewise with MX. He thought he was a master over the darkness, but while his goal started out being to create a world of pure balance, I think it eventually became to simply have more power. That's because the darkness, which he thought he mastered, had, over time, begun to corrode, corrupt, and consume him. By the very end of BBS, I think it was stronger than ever. I think the darkness had begun to master him.

And fire, water, earth, air, and ether are all quite different from light and darkness I think.

But, believe what you will.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No. Vanitas was evil because he was collabing with MX, who had evil intentions. Vanitas is a part of Vens heart, right? So naturally he would have some of Vens memories and since Ven was MX's apprentice, Ven respected him. So Vanitas had great respect for MX. So, just being born, Vanitas would follow MX's word like that.

kiante

Everyone has their own motivation for evil acts. That doesn't make it any less evil, and it still comes from evil, or darkness, in the heart.

But, Vanitas is willing to go against MX's orders at times. Obviously, he's not MX's puppet. He thinks for himself. And yet all his planned strayings were evil as well. He is evil.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Everyone has their own motivation for evil acts. That doesn't make it any less evil, and it still comes from evil, or darkness, in the heart.

Yeah, Vanitas was evil, but it wasn't because of the darkness. It was because of influence from MX. If we have learned anything from Riku, Terra, and even fucking Diz, we know that darkness =/= evil

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Riku is a perfect example that darkness =/= evil. Darkness can be USED for evil, but darkness is not evil. at least in the KH universe.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
And Eraqus is another perfect example of how darkness =/= evil. After all, Eraqus was pretty much biased against darkness and always used light. What did he use his light to do? To destroy darkness... how far would he go? Trying to murder his own two apprentices with the power of light.

Light and darkness are more like elements than anything. It's already been said that the KH mythology of light and darkness isn't the cliche' "good VS evil" thing we always heard of.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Light and darkness are more like elements than anything. It's already been said that the KH mythology of light and darkness isn't the cliche' "good VS evil" thing we always heard of.

It should be pretty clear at this point that it's not exactly the cliche "darkness is no worse than light, only different" reversal, either, though.

Darkness, above all else, is dangerous. It's instinctual and selfish and violent and animalistic, obsessive and reckless and unyielding and open to manipulation, fearful and fear-inducing and jealous and correlated with rage. It's also incredibly difficult to stamp out completely.

And, as a being of pure darkness, Vanitas is composed entirely of that, and nothing else. Of course he's pure evil.

But, the thing is, most of those traits can be turned from completely awful personality flaws into strengths of their own if properly tempered - which is what Riku and Terra had to learn. It wouldn't work if they didn't have a strong enough light to get that darkness under control, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back