• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why the gameboy advanced?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firagex

It just doesn't make much sense to me that they didn't go straight to ps2 for C.O.M. How come they released it on the gameboy advanced? Just seems like a waste of money. Maybe they wanted to experiment on different platforms. What do you think?

Firo

Oh Crap
Why spend so much money on development for a PS2 version at the time, when you could put it on a cheaper almost as popular platform. COM is pretty much a filler game anyway.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It was meant to be a side-game, like Days and BBS. A little something to tide one over before KHII.
They made RE:CoM as a bonus with FM+, anyway.

AllEndsWith-

If you are asking that, then you should be pondering why they put 358/2 Days on the DS.

The same exact reason. They wanna spread out their games on many platforms.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Well, a PS2 game costs more to produce.

I'm sure square didn't want to take the chance with the different battle system, and went to the cheaper, easier, GBA.

Firagex

Why spend so much money on development for a PS2 version at the time, when you could put it on a cheaper almost as popular platform. COM is pretty much a filler game anyway.

Ya but they did end up putting it on the ps2 anyway.

xgnarmanx

Well, a PS2 game costs more to produce.

I'm sure square didn't want to take the chance with the different battle system, and went to the cheaper, easier, GBA.

Nah think back before psp before ds was released the only handheld was the gba I read an interview somewhere on this site that talked about com the reason they made it on gba was I guess people wanted to play a kingdom hearts game on gba the only way to keep the kh feel on a gba game is with cards since a 7mb gba can't hold all the amazeing ness of a full blown kh title.

They knew they had to use the cards but they did'nt want to use the cards for no reason so they desided to use the card idea in the storyline ( all of you who played com know what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back