• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding the Special Announcement

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal_Key

It was definitely an awesome joke! I love the amount of effort that you guys put into making this and I must tell you, I know how it feels!

People have to learn how to not take things so seriously! I mean come on, if you guys get upset over something as trivial as making a joke about Kingdom Hearts on APRIL FOOLS DAY, then you guys must not have sense of humor at all. It's just a game, not the deciding factors in your lives. If the Mods want to make a joke, don't ruin it with your talk of toying with emotions and whatnot!

Anyways, great joke I lol-ed all the way to school! Good Job Guys!

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I loved what ya'll did. You guys really had me going. ^_^

Of course by now you know I'm lying, so APRIL FOOLS BITCHES.

Bottom line, joke sucked and was discovered quick. Better Luck Next year.

mushroomkingdomhearts.jpg

It was a nice idea, but honestly who didn't see a joke coming since the first of this year. I would have liked to see what you all would have done for the joke though. It seems like you had interesting ideas. To bad Monkey had to ruin for you all, and he was an ass about it too. Anyways it would be nice to have seen the art you guys would have done.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
It looks like it could've been a great prank, really. I especially admire the effort and the great detail you put into trying to verify your own made up KH3 project.

If it weren't for Monkey and his shitty elitist way of making threads to prove that he's right and everybody else in the world is wrong, I'm sure this could've been one of 2009's top April Fools pranks. I don't think there are many other people who put so much work into it.

What a pity. :|

Maybe if some of you fanboys and fangirls out there would grow up a little, then we could enjoy a good prank and laugh once in a while. But I don't think it will happen ever again after this fiasco.

Bakerboy

Wow you guys really put a lot of thought into this. Really disappoints me to know you couldn't get it done... would have made a really great April Fools Joke. I'm actually mad Monkey had to ruin this... still would have made me laugh to find out today even with almost nothing finished... oh well. Better luck next year, I hope no one butchers it then XD.

TheFreeshooterII

The Point I see April fools Day Exactly what it says On the Label
Making a Joke and Making YOU The Fool
Im definetly Up For a Laugh and Such But Not On April Fools I Hate The Day Infact..Sorry
Maybe we Could all Exchange eatser Eggs on Easter XD

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
I for one appreciate all the effort you guys put into this joke to amuse us. If this had gone all the way through., i would've definitely been fooled. You truly are great Aril-foolers to go to such lengths.

The Enchanted

What a surprise.
I gotta say though, the idea would have been great, only KH3 news this early in the game wouldn't make sense.
Nomura's still working on BBS, but ya.

Great idea though, I would have enjoyed to have seen the scans.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What really annoys me about all of this, as awesome as it would've been, was the Post-D-Day effect none of you seem capable of considering.
We have thousands and thousands of users. Now while all of you would no doubt shrug it off as whining, it's bad publicity and hell all around.

I hate the day personally, but aside from that, this isn't something so low scale that it would go unnoticed. You think people are bitching now? Well. Imagine had you pulled this off.

Kudos, Audo. This was really big of you (no sarcasm).

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
What really annoys me about all of this, as awesome as it would've been, was the Post-D-Day effect none of you seem capable of considering.
We have thousands and thousands of users. Now while all of you would no doubt shrug it off as whining, it's bad publicity and hell all around.

Although we do think that the whining is quite irritating and annoying, it's not like we (or at least most of us, I hope) aren't considering this. Trust me, I completely agree with you that it might not be the best thing to do for the reputation of this site, no doubt.
But on the other hand, I can't really understand how people could get so excited about this whole matter (3 threads is quite a lot) knowing that this is nothing more than a April Fools joke, really just for fun.

It might have been better though, if they hadn't announced this fake thing one week beforehand and gotten the fans excited, but instead had done this exactly on April 1st so that the disappointment wouldn't be so big. I have to admit that.

But all in all, I think many people are exaggerating about the "evilness" of this prank a lot. I really just can't understand it.

Gnosis

That was lame... and then you come and talk about profesionalism. =/

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Although we do think that the whining is quite irritating and annoying, it's not like we (or at least most of us, I hope) aren't considering this. Trust me, I completely agree with you that it might not be the best thing to do for the reputation of this site, no doubt.
But on the other hand, I can't really understand how people could get so excited about this whole matter (3 threads is quite a lot) knowing that this is nothing more than a April Fools joke, really just for fun.

It might have been better though, if they hadn't announced this fake thing one week beforehand and gotten the fans excited, but instead had done this exactly on April 1st so that the disappointment wouldn't be so big. I have to admit that.

But all in all, I think many people are exaggerating about the "evilness" of this prank a lot. I really just can't understand it.

The thing is, this is something a lot of people are really looking forward to. This thing would've literally broken people's hearts. Not everyone are life-learned and cynical like we'd like for them to be, or would like to believe they are.

This isn't exaggerating. To many, this truly was pure and utter cruelty. Now I know most April's Fools pranks are just like that, but people trust this site, and look forward to having this exact announcement for real.

Had it been released without an announcement, just today, I agree it might've been better since people would've taken it to begin with with a grain of salt, instead of clinging on to the hope that "a week from now" didn't really mean they day it meant.
However, it escalated. Part of the reason April Fools jokes are harmless are because people expect them.

This lacked that element.

That was lame... and then you come and talk about profesionalism. =/

The site staff are reliable and professional for the most part. I agree this is one heck of a slip-up on their part, but I hope you won't lose faith in them completely.

JaymeeRaine

Awards
Yeah, considering you started posting stuff about it BEFORE April Fool's, and you were trying to trick so many other sites into posting it, seems kind of an assholey thing to do. Sending the fake info to other KH sites was particulaly unprofessional. The art looks really cool though.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
LOL, I didn't hear anything about it being a joke, so... You got me.

It would have been really cool if you had pulled it off, and, yes, while it would have done some damage to the site's reputation, I think that people just need to take a joke and move on.

Eventually we will have news that's actually not a joke, and that's what I wait for.

It would have been a great April Fool's Joke if you had been able to pull it off. Sucks how, between life and Monkey's announcement (although, really, I don't find what he did so wrong. Perhaps the execution could have been better, but still... it can't entirely be blamed on him for the joke being ruined), you weren't able to get it done.

Well, I'm off to live my life, because I am not truly disappointed that the announcement does not exist. Oh, and doing it ahead of times was a good idea, in my mind. It would have truly given us good hype and the let-down would have been just that much better.

Well, good luck next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back