• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~♥-[The Sora/Naminé Fanclub]-♥~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe, I'll see what I can do, no need to wear it.

Tomorrow I'll try the sprite one, I already have the sprites to try out and no problem about that there.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Edit: Done, sorry it took longer than expected.

SoNami3.jpg

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Rawr >:3 we should make as many signatures as we can and spread them around.

Oh Neo, if you would, a signature from the smiles from the end of KH2? Either Sora looking up at Kairi, or later grinning at Riku, with Namine's smile when she smiles from "inside" Kairi at the ending sequence for KH2 :3

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
o_O

You gotta be kidding me, nooooh!! lol, yeah I'll do that after the sprite one. First though, I have to do my homework and eat.

I hope that "we" means people besides me.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I can do something... But I'm warning you, my work is not the best possible. XD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Every effort made for the goal of supporting and spreading SoNami is a blessed effort >:3
I'll put Neo's sigs on the main post once I'm back home :3

BTW, what did you guys think about the insane amount of videoes I shoved there?

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Aww, that's a great sig Neo! I love it!

Our club should have a motto too: "Because it might as WELL be real!"

Namine being on the Islands and Sora going ga-ga over her doesn't contradict anything; it just gave him a romantic interest in light of Riku being together with Kairi XD
Gah, just thinking how excellent a SoNami/RiKai combo could've been makes me furious in light of what we got instead :mad: SoKai being all but lacking, SoNami being wasted, and Riku ending up alone (because Xion disappeared until she'll come back as Aqua in KH3 in which case I call dibs on opening the Aqua/Riku FC >:3)

What we need to do is go back in time and convince Nomura and Watanabe that a SoNami/RiKai combo would've been awesome!

Post KH2 would be great for him to comfort her, yes. In a way, she's coming from where he already was, being at odds' ends with Sora on a lot of things, power and abilities being one of many.
I'd like to see her PoHness dealing with his Darkness.

Mickey said it himself: in the KH universe, you can't have light without darkness. Riku and Kairi's love could've been a symbol of that! They come from opposite sides of the spectrum, but they can't live without each other. RiKai could've made for a fantastic couple in that aspect.

Well, who knows? We saw Riku on Destiny Islands in scans of Days, and Kairi's on Destiny Islands...maybe they'll get a scene together. At the very least, Xion wanted Riku to tell her more about his friends, so we might get some flashbacks. Watanabe's good with the flashbacks! :)

In a way, I think that would've made me hate how they shove Kairi everywhere more XD if they'd have kept the words the same, of course.

Well, obviously the dialouge would need to change a little bit to explain why Kairi's suddenly able to contact him from far away. Maybe because they're both longing to be reunited with their friends, so their hearts connect? But in that case, Kairi would still have to be informed of what was going on first, and then she could have the heart-to-heart (literally!) chat with Riku.

My point exactly :3 Which is why I'm actually happy we got to see him so little in KH2, in light of how being seen is what all but killed Kairi and Sora x_X and I dare say even Namine. I donno, I liked her KH2 self a lot less than her CoM self, even at the end of it which was more KH2-like, but still different.

I like Namine in KH2. She was one of the few characters to treat Roxas kindly and give him the time of day. No wonder he was so happy to see her in the World That Never Was. And she saved Kairi; that was cool!

Whatever floats your boat :3

Yes, Kaimyx definitely floats my boat! :)

This just tied in with what I said above about Riku teaching Kairi how to fight. xD
I just might end up writing it, or at least plan something like it.

Yay! I want to read it; it sounds good!

This reminds me of a story draft I wrote once, about how KH could still be KH with Kairi being the "Shadow" and Namine being the real Princess, going on a somewhat similar concept to yours :3 and a few random noob theories but oh well XD
See, Namine was the real girl on Destiny Islands, and she truly did disappear as Sora initially remembered (he later saw her on the Destiny Islands Memory World, but meh XD I already explained why I don't think that was too much towards the 'Kairi replacement' department - she didn't replace her, Kairi was just "Riku's" >:3). The reasons behind it can vary, seeing how Namine was not only a Princess of Heart - but also one with the strongest ties to the Keyblade Masters. Either kidnapped or pushed away willingly to keep both Sora and Riku safe, Namine disappeared, and erased herself from Sora and Riku's Memories.
Seeing however how dear they both held her, and how being Wielders and she was a PoH they had such a strong bond, and both had intensefully strong Hearts, not a Nobody was born, yet another being, truly being a Shadow - being Kairi.
Kairi was actually the longing in Sora and Riku's Hearts to have Namine back (since they knew something was missing, so they created something to lessen the loss), as well as Namine's regret for being forced to leave her home and loved ones behind.
As time went on, Kairi eventually made Sora and Riku want to make the raft and go on to other worlds - to them under the claim of wanting to find out more about her Home (she did appear out of nowhere on the night of the Meteor Shower, which was when Sora made his promise to Namine, and thus sealed her fate since going away to protect him was the least she could do - so Namine disappeared, making for Kairi's creation).
Kairi as a whole went inside Sora on the Night of the Storm, making for Namine - elsewhere - to collapse, making for the lifeless shell we see in KH1 :3 as KH1 went on, Sora kept seeing Kairi, who slowly became Namine over time as he began remembering her, and the question of who was he and Riku really fighting over was raised.
It's all but throwing CoM into KH1, I know, but it goes on from where, where Namine concludes to Riku that - seeing how Sora ended up being obsessed with her as he did in CoM - that it was best Sora forgot about her.
That leaves us with KH2, where it was Kairi who reached out to Roxas, doing again what she originally did - and reached out to "Sora" in Namine's stead, just like Namine wouldn't let herself do before she disappeared. That in turn mended the bonds Namine refused to remake with Sora, and let Sora eventually wake up - only DiZ still saw her as a threat due to her powers over Sora and Riku's Memories, and KH2 progressed on smoothly until it was really Namine that was kidnapped and who Riku saved, and then enter a joyous reunion for the three of them where Sora got to not only thank Namine, but be with her at the end <:
Kairi all along continues to be the Shadow that watches over the three, for that is the reason for which she was born - watching over Namine's smile, which was brightest when she was with Sora and Riku ^-^

*loves this*
*sigh*

Wow, that sounds really interesting! And I like how you manage to switch it so that it's SoNami and Roxiri, not the other way around.

Parts of it sound similar to what I had in mind for my fic, like Namine's disappearance. In my version, she has the power to control people's memories, but she doesn't know it at first, and because she's just a little girl, she has no control over how she uses it. Finally her parents think something might be wrong, so they move to a more technologically-advanced island, and that's where they learn about her abilities. When that happens, they worry that she might be dangerous around other people and decide to keep her where she is. Meanwhile, Namine badly misses her friends, but she doesn't want them to feel sad too, so she erases their memories of her. And later on in the story, Riku realizes that besides seeking adventure, the real reason why he wanted to leave the Islands was to find Namine again. None of them realized it at the time though, because they couldn't remember her then.

I really like writing this SoRiKaiNami fic, but it's also driving me crazy because it will never measure up to some of the scenes Watanabe wrote. Curse him and his writing skills!

I do that regardless, though I more see them as the cruel and ironic relationship where Sora's with Selphie because he can't bring himself to say no to her and thus break her heart, but that makes it all even worse :\

That's tragic. I like to think of them as being in a happy relationship because they both have these fun, free-spirited personalities.

It wouldn't work in what I have planned, but it could make for a nice touch elsewhere regardless XD
It reminds me of my long-ass fic I had planned once going by the notion that Namine - being made more from Sora, was like a rejected transplanted organ and eventually was rejected from Kairi's Being, once again left to fend for herself. She awoke on Destiny Islands though, and it was Riku who conspired with Selphie and went as far as not only trap SoNami in the same cart on the ferris wheel, but ended up (accidentally but still) sabotage said ferris wheel to get the happy couple stuck at the top :D

Aww! You should make that into a one-shot!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Aww, that's a great sig Neo! I love it!

MINE! D:<

Our club should have a motto too: "Because it might as WELL be real!"

"Because it's realer than the rest" '-'; sadly so. This beats even SoRiku.

What we need to do is go back in time and convince Nomura and Watanabe that a SoNami/RiKai combo would've been awesome!

I don't think Watanabe'll be that hard to convince :( neither would be whomever wrote the novels. What we do need is to assasinate Nojima.

Mickey said it himself: in the KH universe, you can't have light without darkness. Riku and Kairi's love could've been a symbol of that! They come from opposite sides of the spectrum, but they can't live without each other. RiKai could've made for a fantastic couple in that aspect.

Mmhm. I love that. Opposites attract and all that. SoNami have it too but in different ways. She's a Nobody that is as pure as an angel, and he's a tainted Keyblade Master constantly slipping away (Anti form <3)
He'd give her a meaning, be her own Proof of Existence (as was what she tried to do in CoM, actually, which puts her aside from the rest of the Nobodies - she didn't want to exist, she wanted someone else to acknowledge her Existence) and she'd be the light to keep him hanging on.

Well, who knows? We saw Riku on Destiny Islands in scans of Days, and Kairi's on Destiny Islands...maybe they'll get a scene together. At the very least, Xion wanted Riku to tell her more about his friends, so we might get some flashbacks. Watanabe's good with the flashbacks! :)

I still say no Kairi in Days :\ less so because of Kairi, more so because I believe more and more Xion is supposed to only appear to be Kairi related. Aqua seems far too detached from the whole mess and Xion seems far too Aqua related thus - she'd be kind of detached from Kairi as well.

Well, obviously the dialouge would need to change a little bit to explain why Kairi's suddenly able to contact him from far away. Maybe because they're both longing to be reunited with their friends, so their hearts connect? But in that case, Kairi would still have to be informed of what was going on first, and then she could have the heart-to-heart (literally!) chat with Riku.

Or they could've threw in the Light that threatened to eat Riku up somehow connected them, what with her being a PoH.
I still disagree with this since What I'm trying to do isn't rewrite the whole thing, only patch up the edges.
What I suggested - it being Namine that brought out Riku's concern and friendship towards Kairi - would've served that purpose while keeping the original context in tact.

I like Namine in KH2. She was one of the few characters to treat Roxas kindly and give him the time of day. No wonder he was so happy to see her in the World That Never Was. And she saved Kairi; that was cool!

True to both parts. I donno though, she just didn't feel as much Namine as she did in KH2. It was like... if I believe Watanabe'll turn Kairi into Xion/Aqua/Namine, then Nojima pulled Namine too much towards Kairi's attitude. It was OOC in a way, especially now that we see how she is in Days o_o she was just far too self confidence and secure, something which never was and never will be Namine, but is far more Kairi (and finally explains to me why I do support RokuKai. Because I liked Namine's behavior with Roxas, and she reminded me of Kairi in KH2 D: it finally fits)

Yay! I want to read it; it sounds good!

:D I'm hard at work at it. Did I already say its name? D:

Wow, that sounds really interesting! And I like how you manage to switch it so that it's SoNami and Roxiri, not the other way around.

And later on in the story, Riku realizes that besides seeking adventure, the real reason why he wanted to leave the Islands was to find Namine again.

That's something from my fic too only I forgot to mention it :3 Kairi makes Sora and Riku leave under the pretense of finding her Home, but in fact, she's edging them to leave the Islands in search of Namine because Namine's loneliness was becoming excruciating in Castle Oblivion.

I really like writing this SoRiKaiNami fic, but it's also driving me crazy because it will never measure up to some of the scenes Watanabe wrote. Curse him and his writing skills!

I'm driven insane more badly by the notion none of this would ever become real and we're stuck with Kairi the way she is today D:

That's tragic. I like to think of them as being in a happy relationship because they both have these fun, free-spirited personalities.

I can't really see that as enough basis for a relationship for Sora, actually. Him meshing so well with Namine all but proves it, too, and is part of my issue with SoKai - he needs someone more quiet and subtle to balance him out.

Aww! You should make that into a one-shot!

Only for me to properly base Namine being there, it'd have to be long XD it would be cute though, Sora and Riku teaching her all about the world :3
Like the first time she ate Chocolate :D

*scribbles down a SoNami fic idea* +_+ inspiration.

Pick a random thing kids could do D: bunny me, c'mon.

Organization_42

Awards
MINE! D:<

Ok, ok, you can have it! *goes back to staring at Kaimyx banner*

"Because it's realer than the rest" '-'; sadly so. This beats even SoRiku.

Works for me.

I don't think Watanabe'll be that hard to convince :( neither would be whomever wrote the novels. What we do need is to assasinate Nojima.

Now, now, he didn't do a bad job with KH2.

*crickets chirp*

I'm in the minority about this one, aren't I?

Mmhm. I love that. Opposites attract and all that. SoNami have it too but in different ways. She's a Nobody that is as pure as an angel, and he's a tainted Keyblade Master constantly slipping away (Anti form <3)
He'd give her a meaning, be her own Proof of Existence (as was what she tried to do in CoM, actually, which puts her aside from the rest of the Nobodies - she didn't want to exist, she wanted someone else to acknowledge her Existence) and she'd be the light to keep him hanging on.

Plus, Sora is so happy-go-lucky and boisterous, while Namine is timid and shy. He makes her feel more confident in herself (as we saw when she refused to keep helping Marluxia), and she can calm him down when he gets too overexcited.

I still say no Kairi in Days :\ less so because of Kairi, more so because I believe more and more Xion is supposed to only appear to be Kairi related. Aqua seems far too detached from the whole mess and Xion seems far too Aqua related thus - she'd be kind of detached from Kairi as well.

Yes, but Aqua's significance mostly lies in BBS, as far as we know. They can't go around showing connections to the two of them, or it would be a big spoiler. Besides, if they keep going to Destiny Islands, it's going to be hard not to include her. That's where she is. It doesn't have to be huge, it could just be Riku watching her from a distance.

Or they could've threw in the Light that threatened to eat Riku up somehow connected them, what with her being a PoH.
I still disagree with this since What I'm trying to do isn't rewrite the whole thing, only patch up the edges.
What I suggested - it being Namine that brought out Riku's concern and friendship towards Kairi - would've served that purpose while keeping the original context in tact.

Or her PoH powers absorb the Light and stop it from engulfing Riku.

True, and he didn't seem to find anything odd about her being there. Namine took that form because he knew he'd trust her if she did. So obviously there's some affection for Kairi there.

True to both parts. I donno though, she just didn't feel as much Namine as she did in KH2. It was like... if I believe Watanabe'll turn Kairi into Xion/Aqua/Namine, then Nojima pulled Namine too much towards Kairi's attitude. It was OOC in a way, especially now that we see how she is in Days o_o she was just far too self confidence and secure, something which never was and never will be Namine, but is far more Kairi (and finally explains to me why I do support RokuKai. Because I liked Namine's behavior with Roxas, and she reminded me of Kairi in KH2 D: it finally fits)

She could've just been more self-confident now that she was free of an Organization that constantly belittled and humiliated her.

I guess Roxiri's a good complement to SoNami, but then it leaves us, once again, with Riku all alone.

:D I'm hard at work at it. Did I already say its name? D:

No, you haven't. What's it called?

That's something from my fic too only I forgot to mention it :3 Kairi makes Sora and Riku leave under the pretense of finding her Home, but in fact, she's edging them to leave the Islands in search of Namine because Namine's loneliness was becoming excruciating in Castle Oblivion.

Yeah, I have that too, only Namine's calling out to Sora, Riku, and Kairi's hearts from Castle Oblivion. She hears about their adventures from the Organization, and thinks that maybe they can help her if they're already out and about exploring different worlds. But then once Sora and Riku are actually there, she starts feeling guilty because she thinks that she's put them in a dangerous situation that's beyond their abilities.

I'm driven insane more badly by the notion none of this would ever become real and we're stuck with Kairi the way she is today D:

Me too. Fanfiction has a way of doing that. You get so wrapped up in what could have been, especially if it's well-written.

Only for me to properly base Namine being there, it'd have to be long XD it would be cute though, Sora and Riku teaching her all about the world :3
Like the first time she ate Chocolate :D

*scribbles down a SoNami fic idea* +_+ inspiration.

Pick a random thing kids could do D: bunny me, c'mon.

That would be cute! Of course, if you just want to write a one-shot, there's always two letters that come in handy: AU.

Gah, I'm trying! The problem is that every bunny that pops into my head winds up getting put in the fic I'm writing. I'm having the exact same problem with my Kaimyx fic. I want to write a one-shot for them, but it always ends up being better suited for the multi-chapter.

Well, ok, here's one that I thought of for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't think of how it would end for the life of me. It's February, and Riku and Kairi are dating, but Kairi can't stop thinking about Sora. This is very frustrating to her, because she already knows that she only likes him as a friend, and she doesn't understand why a part of her feels sad when she's kissing Riku. It's because Namine loves Sora. I just don't know how it would go from there without being tragic!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Now, now, he didn't do a bad job with KH2.

*bitchslap* D:< YOU AND YOUR SILLY IDEAS!

*crickets chirp*

I'm in the minority about this one, aren't I?

Mmmyeah. Notice that other FC in my signature? The one not for any couples? Get my drift?

Plus, Sora is so happy-go-lucky and boisterous, while Namine is timid and shy. He makes her feel more confident in herself (as we saw when she refused to keep helping Marluxia), and she can calm him down when he gets too overexcited.

While with RiKai it's the opposite XD
But yes. Sora offers Namine the Energy and Joy while she offers him Serenity and Comfort. They work so ridiculously well together ;;

Yes, but Aqua's significance mostly lies in BBS, as far as we know. They can't go around showing connections to the two of them, or it would be a big spoiler.

And I'm still not ruling out the Terra-Riku "relation" we know of not holding water.
Bracing myself for the worst, always.

Besides, if they keep going to Destiny Islands, it's going to be hard not to include her. That's where she is. It doesn't have to be huge, it could just be Riku watching her from a distance.

I'd approve, though again, it would hold a lot of other meanings besides RiKai even as friendship. Like anything else in KH post KH1 - guilt is involved.

True, and he didn't seem to find anything odd about her being there. Namine took that form because he knew he'd trust her if she did. So obviously there's some affection for Kairi there.

I think that more than affection, it's like "oh lookie, the PoH that is already involved ridiculously in the entire mess is here to guide me out. Why am I not surprised?"
Also, it could've truly been more like in the manga, where there wasn't anyone there, rather a voice. To make Riku to feel a bit more relaxed in light of someone he at least recognizes, he 'saw' Kairi, but without her being there. If it was a hallucination, and an obvious one at that, he'd accept it without even being too close to her.

I guess Roxiri's a good complement to SoNami, but then it leaves us, once again, with Riku all alone.

Well, that's the thing - SoNami don't have to come as a pair. Namine went the distance already, remember? Sora's false Memories had a part dedicated specifically to SoRiNami. That's the true beauty of it, the original designed relationship structure, and the true reason why Riku didn't get a romantic interest -
Because KH is based on friendships, and trios.
So even if you were to take it beyond friendships, Riku wouldn't be 'alone'. He would still have both Sora and Namine around, either romantically (;; YES *cough*) or not. The kind of bonds they displayed between both Sora, Riku and Namine are ones that can live out even after and beyond romance.
One Piece gave it a good definition by using the term 'Nakama' - they're not family, yet they're far closer than friends. They're all but romantic partners in the sense they care so much for each other.
The physical aspect is optional but isn't needed.

No, you haven't. What's it called?

I think I'll let you guess >:3

That would be cute! Of course, if you just want to write a one-shot, there's always two letters that come in handy: AU.

Actually, SoNami has an amazing loophole available for that sort of thing XD I mean, they already based an AU inside the OU. I love them. I'm so gonna abuse it in a series of fics. One bunny is already hopping around in my mind.

Well, ok, here's one that I thought of for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't think of how it would end for the life of me. It's February, and Riku and Kairi are dating, but Kairi can't stop thinking about Sora. This is very frustrating to her, because she already knows that she only likes him as a friend, and she doesn't understand why a part of her feels sad when she's kissing Riku. It's because Namine loves Sora. I just don't know how it would go from there without being tragic!

That is actually a good bunny o.o I'm calling dibs on it.

Organization_42

Awards
*bitchslap* D:< YOU AND YOUR SILLY IDEAS!

:cry:

lol

Mmmyeah. Notice that other FC in my signature? The one not for any couples? Get my drift?

Yesh.

While with RiKai it's the opposite XD
But yes. Sora offers Namine the Energy and Joy while she offers him Serenity and Comfort. They work so ridiculously well together ;;

Indeed they do.

I think that more than affection, it's like "oh lookie, the PoH that is already involved ridiculously in the entire mess is here to guide me out. Why am I not surprised?"
Also, it could've truly been more like in the manga, where there wasn't anyone there, rather a voice. To make Riku to feel a bit more relaxed in light of someone he at least recognizes, he 'saw' Kairi, but without her being there. If it was a hallucination, and an obvious one at that, he'd accept it without even being too close to her.

In a way, I actually like that better, that he's hallucinating, and who does he think of when he believes that all is lost? Kairi.

And that would work, except that we see a glimpse of Namine as Kairi talks to Riku, and she confirmed that it was her when Riku asks her.

Well, that's the thing - SoNami don't have to come as a pair. Namine went the distance already, remember? Sora's false Memories had a part dedicated specifically to SoRiNami. That's the true beauty of it, the original designed relationship structure, and the true reason why Riku didn't get a romantic interest -
Because KH is based on friendships, and trios.
So even if you were to take it beyond friendships, Riku wouldn't be 'alone'. He would still have both Sora and Namine around, either romantically (;; YES *cough*) or not. The kind of bonds they displayed between both Sora, Riku and Namine are ones that can live out even after and beyond romance.
One Piece gave it a good definition by using the term 'Nakama' - they're not family, yet they're far closer than friends. They're all but romantic partners in the sense they care so much for each other.
The physical aspect is optional but isn't needed.

Yeah, I like the friendship theme! I think, in a way, they really are like family, not biologically, but they'd sacrifice themselves and do anything for each other. In fact, all the friendships in KH are like that: Sora, Riku, and Kairi; Sora, Riku, and Namine; Roxas and Namine; Roxas and Axel; Sora, Donald, and Goofy; Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid; Sora and Winnie the Pooh...the list goes on.

That's what happens when you're a Disney character. You like everybody and you do nice things for people that you care about. Unless you're a villain.

I think I'll let you guess >:3

"I Hate Kairi But I Thought I'd Give This a Shot Anyway"?

;)

Actually, SoNami has an amazing loophole available for that sort of thing XD I mean, they already based an AU inside the OU. I love them. I'm so gonna abuse it in a series of fics. One bunny is already hopping around in my mind.

Exactly. You could even say that it was a memory that Namine created for Sora during Chain of Memories.

That is actually a good bunny o.o I'm calling dibs on it.

Thank you! :)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
In a way, I actually like that better, that he's hallucinating, and who does he think of when he believes that all is lost? Kairi.

Oh, I never said Riku saw it like that. That was still Namine donning Kairi's form, only not presenting herself as actually there to make it somewhat more believable.
Kairi is a PoH after all, and Riku later one seemed hardly surprised to meet Namine and connect the two. It's likely he didn't believe it really was Kairi, but the familiar face was sufficient.
Throwing back the guilt issue, Kairi disappeared on him in the Destiny Islands Memory World and he took it hard in light of all he did to her. Her showing up then might not be really him being close to Kairi as much as him taking it as a sign that somewhere out there, possibly, he was ever so slightly forgiven, which ties in with Namine's words telling him to accept both Darkness and Light.
But again, he hardly seemed surprised it was Namine and not Kairi, so it's not like he really thought it was her.

And that would work, except that we see a glimpse of Namine as Kairi talks to Riku, and she confirmed that it was her when Riku asks her.

And as I said before - not what I meant :p you and your silly ideas again.

Yeah, I like the friendship theme! I think, in a way, they really are like family, not biologically, but they'd sacrifice themselves and do anything for each other. In fact, all the friendships in KH are like that: Sora, Riku, and Kairi; Sora, Riku, and Namine; Roxas and Namine; Roxas and Axel; Sora, Donald, and Goofy; Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid; Sora and Winnie the Pooh...the list goes on.

You forgot Riku and Mickey.
That's also why the Paopu fruit's legend is somewhat vague - it ties them together forever. It hardly needs to mean anything romantic, and it's Selphie that dictated it being as such. I doubt it really was supposed to be like that, and Riku and Sora having shared a Paopu at one point in their life would tie in with too much all around (before Kairi even made it to the Islands, which would explain at least Sora not remembering it since he was too young, while Riku had an extra year ahead and would've taken it more seriously in light of his jealousy and possessiveness issues).

"I Hate Kairi But I Thought I'd Give This a Shot Anyway"?

;)

:(
BZZT.

Exactly. You could even say that it was a memory that Namine created for Sora during Chain of Memories.

>:3

Organization_42

Awards
We're discussing how awesome it would've been to have a SoNami/RiKai combo, and giving SA plot bunnies so she can write a SoNami fic!

Oh, I never said Riku saw it like that. That was still Namine donning Kairi's form, only not presenting herself as actually there to make it somewhat more believable.
Kairi is a PoH after all, and Riku later one seemed hardly surprised to meet Namine and connect the two. It's likely he didn't believe it really was Kairi, but the familiar face was sufficient.
Throwing back the guilt issue, Kairi disappeared on him in the Destiny Islands Memory World and he took it hard in light of all he did to her. Her showing up then might not be really him being close to Kairi as much as him taking it as a sign that somewhere out there, possibly, he was ever so slightly forgiven, which ties in with Namine's words telling him to accept both Darkness and Light.
But again, he hardly seemed surprised it was Namine and not Kairi, so it's not like he really thought it was her.

It is kind of unbelievable that she would suddenly pop out of the blue, knowing all about Riku's struggles, to give him that advice. She didn't know anything about it. So I can see why Riku wouldn't be surprised when he realized it was really Namine.

Still, I think it would've been nice for Kairi to be the one that supported him and helped him through his problems. She's tough enough to handle it, yet caring at the same time. The same goes for Riku, so he would be able to help her deal with her feeling incompetent while everyone else fights. And they could both worry about Sora together!

You forgot Riku and Mickey.

Actually, I didn't, but I figured I had made my point, so I stopped.

That's also why the Paopu fruit's legend is somewhat vague - it ties them together forever. It hardly needs to mean anything romantic, and it's Selphie that dictated it being as such. I doubt it really was supposed to be like that, and Riku and Sora having shared a Paopu at one point in their life would tie in with too much all around (before Kairi even made it to the Islands, which would explain at least Sora not remembering it since he was too young, while Riku had an extra year ahead and would've taken it more seriously in light of his jealousy and possessiveness issues).

Well, I can see why Selphie would interpret it that way. She strikes me as the type of character who would be into romance novels/movies.

But yes, Sora could probably share a paopu fruit with Donald and Goofy if he wanted to. Riku said if you share one with someone, "they remain a part of each other's lives, no matter what." Sora could probably share one with just about anybody, seeing as how he constantly befriends people and wants to remain in their lives.

Though, if we want to look at it from a romantic perspective, Namine's good-luck charm looks awfully similar to a paopu fruit, wouldn't you say? It's like she symbolically shared one with Sora in the fake memory!

Just kidding!

I'm starting to suspect that you don't have one...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
We're discussing how awesome it would've been to have a SoNami/RiKai combo, and giving SA plot bunnies so she can write a SoNami fic!

*roars* gimme bunnies!
Which reminds me *adds Org_42's bunny to the bunny notebook* the thing is so out of order XD;;;

She's tough enough to handle it, yet caring at the same time.

:I disagree.

Actually, I didn't, but I figured I had made my point, so I stopped.

That's what they all say.

Though, if we want to look at it from a romantic perspective, Namine's good-luck charm looks awfully similar to a paopu fruit, wouldn't you say? It's like she symbolically shared one with Sora in the fake memory!

I know, and that's part of what I like so much about it, though not quite because of what you said. They didn't really share a Paopu, but they upheld the meaning behind it, all on their own..
Sora Promised to protect Namine. That means that he effectively told her that for the rest of their lives, he'd be right there next to her, doing whatever he could to keep her safe and happy.
Namine gave him the Paopu amulet, and we learned it was just about the most important thing she had in her possession - she's had it since she was born! Seeing how Sora laid himself on the line for her, she couldn't possibly do any less, and thus, while he bore his Heart on his hands for her (since he only had short sleeves XD; ) she did the closest thing she could and returned the feelings. The Charm being a Paopu amulet shows it was meant to last forever.
Then Sora solidified and sealed the whole deal by promising to replace that good luck charm - as long as he'd have it (and it's safe to assume he intended to never let it go) Namine would need a "replacement" for the Good Luck charm, and thus - as long as he'd have it, Namine would have him.
It's not so much romantic basis necesarilly (what really justified it as romantic was Sora himself later on when he said he thought that was the nature of their relationship and when he asked her to smile for him because he cared so freaking much ;; ) as much as perfectly upholding the concept behind the Paopu fruit, something much better than them just using it 'as is' for SoKai without properly basing it all around as well.
SoNami are fit to share a Paopu because they don't need the Paopu to bind them; they're already connceted. SoKai on the other hand needed the Paopu (seeing how the drawing on the wall in the cave is one of the most popular basises for the couple, while the Charm being Paopu shape isn't held in that high regard imo for SoNami in light of everything else they have going for them).

Just kidding!

I'm starting to suspect that you don't have one...

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT *electricutes you* D:< is that how you doubt your SoNami FC leader?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back