Come check out our E3 2014 Coverage!
Join the discussion on our forums!

Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

We learned 3 months ago at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo that a special message and bonus artwork by Series Director Tetsuya Nomura would be included within the limited edition preorder concept artbook in western territories. Since then, many have been speculating what this message and artwork could be. Could he be teasing an upcoming announcement? Sharing a piece of information never before released to the public? The theories and possibilities went on and on.

As it turns out, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMix has broken street date in European territories, and many players have already picked up both the game and artbook from their local retailers. Of them is Youtube user HamadAlshitari, who has uploaded a video of his unboxing, where he shows off the message and artwork. The artwork is a brand new sketch of our spiky-haired protagonist Sora, and the message, available in both English and Japanese within the book, reads as follows:

Over 10 years have passed since we released the first KINGDOM HEARTS game. My only regret was never releasing KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX overseas, so I am very pleased to now give fans everywhere a chance to play it this time in its best format - full High-Definition.

Revisiting the first game, I don't think it feels like it a 10 year old game, despite some unrefined elements. Everything was a new experience for me back then. It was extremely challenging to create a completely new game system and series. However, I think KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX still feels like a new game because the passion of our creative efforts are still felt in the game itself to this day.

The KINGDOM HEARTS series would not have lasted this long without the incredible support from you, the fans. In response to your passion towards the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I will continue to create something you can all enjoy playing for the next several decades.

Tetsuya Nomura

Source: HamadAlshitari

COMMENTS

Master Spockanort

September 6, 2013 @ 02:20 amOffline

Spoiler Spoiler: Rant Show

The message is soooo sweet though! And the new artwork! Nomura <3 Will follow the series until the end

Reagan Rayden

September 6, 2013 @ 02:41 amOffline

It's always pleasurable to see a guy who does something that people have become passionate for and has the same passion to keep doing it for the fans. A promise of several decades of the series is one hell of a promise.

XIII RoXaS XIII

September 6, 2013 @ 02:48 amOffline

Does this pretty much confirm that there will be a new saga after Xehanorts. Its black an white here but promises can be broken. Pretty ironic if he did break it considering the series is built from promises of the heart

Showdown

September 6, 2013 @ 02:49 amOffline

When Nomura said the series wouldn't end at KH3, I didn't think he meant Kingdom Hearts would continue for decades. Though he could just mean he'll make great games for decades. :B

And I thought I'd be disappointed if the art book was tiny and the size of the PS3 case, but I actually like how they've put it together. I was expecting a separate book with the average PS3 case, but this is a nice surprise. :D

reimeille

September 6, 2013 @ 02:58 amOffline

That's really sweet argh

I'm glad to know he did wish Final Mix released in the west earlier... It's the thought that counts I supposed, especially when we thought they didn't care until now.

I'll follow the series for as long as I live! I look forward to what the next decade has in store.

Master Spockanort

September 6, 2013 @ 03:00 amOffline

Nomura has confirmed multiple times that there would be a saga after the Xehanort saga.

Nomura On Kingdom Hearts 3's Development + Series Continuation - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

kupo1121

September 6, 2013 @ 03:11 amOffline

Ahhh! That's an awesome message. IDK why, but I was kind of nervous he would announce something in the message, which would have been cool and all, but just announcing something new would have lost its novelty fast after we see that something new in person. Giving us an honest message of how he views the series is just so much more personable and I like it a lot better, but now I'm torn!!! DO I LOOK AT THE IMAGE (watch the unboxing video) or do I wait a few days...I GOTTA KEEP IT TOGETHER!!! WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS!!!

Gram

September 6, 2013 @ 03:16 amOffline

Awesome message =] and he's right it hardly feels 10yrs old.

user avatar

van0033

September 6, 2013 @ 03:20 amOffline

When is it out in Australia??

ChibiHearts249

September 6, 2013 @ 03:30 amOnline

I feel the same way! XD

I'm gonna hold up and wait until the 10th. After all; I've waited THIS long to finally play a Final Mix and get my hands on 1.5 in general, so a few days more shan't hurt me! ;D

Showdown

September 6, 2013 @ 03:30 amOffline

When is it out in Australia??
I think it comes out on the 12th for Australians. :>

Zen

September 6, 2013 @ 03:34 amOffline

Spoiler Spoiler: Rant Show

That blows. Now I'm somewhat glad that I didn't end up pre-ordering the game to save some money.

user avatar

van0033

September 6, 2013 @ 03:35 amOffline

dam why cant the street date be broken here 2?

XIII RoXaS XIII

September 6, 2013 @ 03:37 amOffline

I'm quick to forget things because so much information comes to this site that i forget articles and whatnot. A lot of the time I will blindly read though threads and forget what the topic is. Well at least this ensures us that his dedicated. Still can't believe it's only next Thursday

©2012 KHInsider. KINGDOM HEARTS official artwork, trailers, characters, merchandise, and music is copyrighted to Square Enix and Disney.
Please read our privacy policy for more information.