• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Mod Shows Unaccessible Areas of Twilight Town and Radiant Garden

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts III has almost been out for a month on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and the Datamining community have already started accessing unused areas of within Twilight Town and Radiant Garden. Youtuber 13th Vessel has published a video of themselves exploring the computer room in the basement of the mansion, as well as the computer room inside of Ansem the Wise's study.

While these areas are used in cutscenes within the game, the player is unable to access and explore of their own volition. It's also interesting to see that the developers have built Radiant Garden below the computer room in Twilight Town. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Interesting. Maybe we could actually visit these areas in DLC/Final Mix addition. At the very least the Old Mansion basement if they don't make Radiant Garden playable.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It’s really cool to see how they rendered the two computer rooms in the same space to cut out the load times for that scene. I figured that was just all pre-rendered like the 0.2 cutscenes. Maybe they’ll find some other hidden areas.

LostArtist

Awards
It’s really cool to see how they rendered the two computer rooms in the same space to cut out the load times for that scene. I figured that was just all pre-rendered like the 0.2 cutscenes. Maybe they’ll find some other hidden areas.

that's so cool.

games should have some sort of behind the scenes mode where you could look at all this development stuff like this, as a reward for 100%ing the game or something LOL

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
that's so cool.

games should have some sort of behind the scenes mode where you could look at all this development stuff like this, as a reward for 100%ing the game or something LOL

I suspect there would be a lot of red tape involved with the Disney worlds.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Some beautiful environments. I always love this sort of sleuthing, datamining. As much as I would have loved to play around in Radiant Garden for old times' sake, with Twilight Town being confirmed, I would have preferred to have explored that creepy mansion again.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Huh, very cool. I'm assuming other cutscenes are explorable as well?

WaltK

Awards
Related:
[video=youtube;M2XXcxEBejc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XXcxEBejc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Outside of the Monsters Inc. building! (read the description for explanation)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo_

Awards
That big, open Death Star-looking area of Radiant Garden with the glass railing might be one of the greatest areas in the entire series.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Considering how much of those locations were actually modeled it's clear they were only made for cutscenes. Though I am surprised by how playable those locations are. Sora collides with some of the items in those areas and the floor is solid, not what I'd expect from a cutscene only area.

It'd be nice, if some of those areas get reincluded in the DLC or future installments as exploitable areas.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Related:
[video=youtube;M2XXcxEBejc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XXcxEBejc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Outside of the Monsters Inc. building! (read the description for explanation)

Reminding me how disappointing it was we didn't see the city proper.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Reminding me how disappointing it was we didn't see the city proper.

I'm guessing they found it too similar San Fransokyo. I personally wouldn't have minded, but they do seem to avoid that, like how Neverland in Kh1 was a pirate ship and London just so it wouldn't clash with Deep Jungle.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
KH3 uses in game renders for (Most of) its cutscenes so it makes sense that the assets are located close to each other. imagine how annoying it would be when you are in that cutscene where zexion calls you when you are with the twilight town crew and you have to go to a loading screen.....

SerDuncan

I'm guessing they found it too similar San Fransokyo. I personally wouldn't have minded, but they do seem to avoid that, like how Neverland in Kh1 was a pirate ship and London just so it wouldn't clash with Deep Jungle.

Here's the real crime: How come we never went through those doors into various interesting worlds? That icy mountain, a kid's room, a jungle, there's plenty of awesome locales we could have visited briefly. The doors were so underused... simply background images with no real purpose. They could have been sheets of wood for how interesting they were in the game. There's even really cool parts of the factory we never see, like the scare test room, or the theater, or Randall's secret lair. Plenty of places to go, but instead we got one or two cool areas and a whole lot of piping.

Neo_

Awards
Here's the real crime: How come we never went through those doors into various interesting worlds? That icy mountain, a kid's room, a jungle, there's plenty of awesome locales we could have visited briefly. The doors were so underused... simply background images with no real purpose. They could have been sheets of wood for how interesting they were in the game. There's even really cool parts of the factory we never see, like the scare test room, or the theater, or Randall's secret lair. Plenty of places to go, but instead we got one or two cool areas and a whole lot of piping.
Agree with this 100% - it seems like the best world choices actually turned out the worst, and while I was pissed Pirates was returning (boring live-action and we already went there), it turned out to be my favorite.

To me, Monsters (like Toy Story) also fell victim to lack of characters. I really would've been okay with a cut of one or two Disney worlds to flesh everything out (bigger Twilight Town, more characters, etc).

ZJGamer

I still don't understand why Radiant Garden couldn't have been playable. It roughly could have been the size of Twilight Town and wouldn't have taken up nearly as much resources as any of the Disney Worlds. The world literally could have just been the following areas:

1. Ansem's Study
2. The Castle Gates connected via stairway to the Town Square
3. A small street leading to the the castle town area and Merlin's House.

If you think of Olympus as the tutorial, Twilight Town could have been the start of the real adventure and have Radiant Garden be the bookend after all the Disney Worlds are done, opening the way to end game content.

Awards
I still don't understand why Radiant Garden couldn't have been playable. It roughly could have been the size of Twilight Town and wouldn't have taken up nearly as much resources as any of the Disney Worlds. The world literally could have just been the following areas:

1. Ansem's Study
2. The Castle Gates connected via stairway to the Town Square
3. A small street leading to the the castle town area and Merlin's House.

If you think of Olympus as the tutorial, Twilight Town could have been the start of the real adventure and have Radiant Garden be the bookend after all the Disney Worlds are done, opening the way to end game content.
Yeaaaah but why have that when you can have Let It Go take up some of the disc space?

i agree with u btw

Back